002

boyfriend

 

The young lady behind the computer screen sighed and put her phone down; she put the device on speaker and let the caller continue her rant.

“So, what happened?” She asked, trying not to sound bored, or disinterested.

“We went for a drive in his car; he dropped me off at home too.”

The girl’s brows went up and she almost rolled her eyes.

“Ah, really?”

“Also, unnie, he held my hand while we were watching the movie too. It felt..nice.” She said dreamily, the young lady nodded again.

“Lee Sejin, are you there?” The girl asked jokingly.

Lee Sejin, the cold hearted princess of Lee Banking Group, she had taken over for almost two years now and in that span of time, she’s already fixed major problems for the company and also improved the overall performance of the corporation.

And also, she has adults twice her age tiptoeing around her, another bonus in the mind of her mild-mannered father.

“Yeah, I just had to check a few things, carry on.” She murmured as her fingers hovered over the keyboard.

“I just think things may be..really going somewhere, you know.”

Somewhere? Neverland?

The girl glanced at her phone; she bit on her lower lip before speaking again.

“Well, don’t get too attached. You said you wanted it casual.” She gently reminded her, she leaned back on her seat and crossed her legs.

“I know that, unnie. Don’t worry. I’m being careful.”

“That’s good to hear, anyway, let’s talk later. I have a meeting, Jen.”

“Okay, have a great day, unnie.”

Sejin looked away from the screen and exhaled. She made her way towards the floor-length window and looked at the ad across the building. It was an advertisement for an energy drink; the male model was smiling back at her. She crossed her arms as she stared back at the familiar looking male, of course she knew him. She met the guy a few months ago after trying not to.

“Be careful.” She murmured before picking up her purse and leaving the office.

 

 

“Easy for you to say, your parents love your girlfriend.”

The tall male grinned as he stepped on the gas, he had received a couple of texts from his girl earlier. It was clear that something had destroyed her day. Well, it wasn’t difficult to put her in a foul mood.

“All I’m saying is that, you should stop fooling around and maybe, actually try to be an adult for once.” He chuckled as he checked the GPS on the screen; he could almost see his younger friend roll his eyes.

“If I started doing the whole adult thing, do you think you’d have much freedom as you have now?” He asked dryly, the male shook his head.

“Don’t talk as if I don’t help you.”

“You do, hyung. But, we’re always shorthanded, you know that.”

“How about you come by and join us for dinner or something. Sejin asked about you.”

“Going back, you got the perfect girl, hyung. That’s why your parents got off your back, so, cover for me, alright?”

“How do I cover for you when one of your exes stormed into my office and demanded me to tell where you’re hiding, you idiot?”

The younger male laughed from the other end.

“Just show your face to society from time to time, alright? That would help your mother relax and get off your back.”

“Society doesn’t really suit me, hyung. No, thanks.”

“How long do you need me to hold on to the office for you?”

“Give it a few more years.” He joked; the older male rolled his eyes.

“We made a deal, Park Chanyeol.”

“Get lost.”

“Dinner with us, alright?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll call Sejin myself.”

 

 

”You kind of have to pick up for it to stop ringing.”

Sejin looked up from her cup of iced coffee, the male was grinning at her as her phone continued to ring in her coat pocket.

“I don’t like having to talk about him again, or rather listen to stuff about him.” She said, the male got the phone from her and he looked at the screen, his brows rose before keeping it in his jean pocket instead.

“I mean; how could she invest so much in a person that she just met? It’s wrong and kind of stupid.” She voiced out, her tone remaining calm and steady.

“You said you wanted to be positive about this.” Chanyeol said, being the warm and sunny person he was. She rolled her eyes at him and hooked arms with the male.

“How was work? You mentioned you had a big meeting this morning.” She asked him, not wanting to talk about her cousin and the poodle any longer.

“I did, eomma’s very adamant about the takeover next month and I don’t think I can juggle everything.” He said openly, she smiled as she offered him a sip of her drink, he happily obliged.

“Sure, you forgot to mention the race you were rambling about last week? The one that kept you so busy.” She mused as she kept pace with him.

“Oh, that.” Chanyeol grinned at her, sheepish.

“Do you want me to come?”

“Do you want to?”

“I can make time for you, I guess, mister Park.” She shrugged at him, Chanyeol chuckled.

“I’ll drive you back to your office.” He mused as he reached to cup her cheek briefly, the girl’s eyes narrowed at him and she pulled back.

“How cute.” He winked at her, Sejin shuddered at him.

“If Jena ever calls you, can you tell~”

“Got it, I’ll tell your cousin that you didn’t even have the time to meet me today.”

“Perfect.”

“You just asked me to lie to your cousin.” Chanyeol pointed out, still, he was going to follow her story.

“I see his face at my office everyday, it’s like he’s peering over my shoulder as I work. You think I want to meet him again?” Sejin replied, getting a little hotheaded. They reached his car and Chanyeol chuckled at her.

“It’s not funny.”

“It kinda is.” He mused before giving her forehead a quick peck.

“Get in, it’s windy.”

 

 

“Miss Hong?”

The girl looked up from her cubicle as her senior approached her, her eyes went to the pile of folders in her arms.

“I need these done by two.” She said as she put the said folders on her desk, the girl puffed her cheeks and took a quick look at the files.

“Good lord.” She muttered under her breath as she studied them, she was only a junior associate, and how could her senior expect her to finish all these by two in the afternoon?

Hong Jena, she was an only daughter, her parents were both lawyers. And she wasn’t one, well, not yet. That was her goal, to get into law school next year. Her plan for herself, however, her mother had another thing in mind. She didn’t like how Jena chose to take a year off to work at an accounting firm instead of heading straight to law school like her other friends.

She checked the time on her wristwatch and she pursed her lips, she had an hour till lunch break. And her cousin still hadn’t called her back, she sighed and switched on her computer.

Lately, her cousin had been uncharacteristically busy, well, she was always busy. But Sejin always had the time to chat with her at night or even meet up for late afternoon snacks.

She faced her computer again and opened her account, she started to input the reports from her senior when her phone buzzed.

Hi, I’ll drop by your office instead. Dinner’s on me.

Can it be just the two of us? –Kang

She broke into a smile before typing in a quick reply, and then she paused. Her forehead creased before searching for Sejin’s number.

Unnie, I might have to cancel tonight. I have a thing at work.

How about tomorrow?

She set her phone down again and went back to her work, she took out her Bluetooth earphones to distract herself from the noise while typing. Minutes went by without her noticing, well not until she saw her workmates leave their cubicles. Her brows rose and took off her earphones, she let out a short yawn and looked around her.

“Lunch.” She said to herself, she picked up her phone and noticed a message notification.

Sejin had replied two minutes after she sent her the text.

Cool. –Sejin unnie

“What’s this? She can reply right away but never answer my calls?” She pouted before leaving her seat and chucking her phone back in her pocket.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++