018

boyfriend

 

“How’s work lately?” Chanyeol asked as they queued for cotton candy, Sejin paused and she looked at him.

“W—Work?”

“Yes, I feel bad for not asking how you are lately, we always talk about my problems.” Chanyeol said, Sejin pursed her lips.

“Well, nothing new, really. Abeoji’s adamant about new projects, but everything’s okay.”

“Do..Do you want me to check on Jena for you?” He suddenly asked, Sejin’s forehead creased.

“Should I tell her? But~”

“That would make you look like you’re really against them, which is you are, but then she’d be angry with you.” Chanyeol said, she exhaled.

“But, it’s always up to you. What you think is better, then I’m behind that.”

“I don’t understand how this whole casual dating thing work; did you make out with other girls while we were still just hanging out~”

“No.” Chanyeol looked so offended that she had to laugh.

“I don’t want her to get hurt.” She murmured, Chanyeol opened one arm to her, Sejin inched closer to him.

He then glanced over his shoulder and saw his men a few meters away, he exhaled.

I wont let them hurt you.

Not you.

“Chanyeol,”

“Hmm?”

“Doesn’t it bother you that I never called you like how I was supposed to?”

“W—What should you be calling me?” He asked as he took out his wallet, but Sejin shook her head.

“I’ll take this. You paid for the tickets.”

“But~”

“Answer my question first.” She said, Chanyeol scratched the back of his head.

“Do…I have another name?”

“I never called you oppa. That never bothered you?” Sejin was smiling, it was their turn to order.

“Are you willing to call me that?” He replied, being playful.

“Nope.” She said, he chuckled and kept his hand on her shoulder as she ordered for them.

“But I like that you’re older.” She said to him, Chanyeol blinked at her.

“It means that it’s okay for me to depend on you, most people tend to depend on me, you know. It..can get suffocating sometimes, but you,”

Sejin said, it was very out of character of her, but she turned to face him, not minding that some people were watching. She tilted her head while looking up to meet his gaze.

“I know you always have my back. And I’m thankful for that.” She scrunched her nose at him.

Chanyeol scrunched his nose back in reply and the girl leaned forward, burying her face into the front of his jacket, hiding her blushing cheeks from him.

 

 

Jena her lips as her calls when to voicemail again, she was on her way to a nearby Japanese restaurant. Her parents were out for dinner, and she decided on eating out.

But, eating alone felt a little too awkward for her. She exhaled as she crossed the street, she paused when she noticed some passersby moving quickly.

She realized that they were avoiding a person who running in such speed that he didn’t even seem to bother to excuse himself as he hit some people.

“Is he being chased?” She murmured, she was about to turn to the left when a heavy weight collided with her, Jena winced as she landed on her back.

“Watch where you’re~” She looked at the male who had just bumped into her, he looked surprised to see her.

“Jena!”

She turned her head to direction of the voice, Kai was jogging towards her.

“I’m sorry, young miss.” The male suddenly spoke, surprising her.

“D—Do you know~”

“Hey,” Kai got to her and slowly pulled her up, the male who had bumped into her was out of sight.

“Are you okay?” He asked her, Jena looked down and dusted her pants.

“Yeah, I am, but what’s going on?” She looked around, the persons who were running earlier had disappeared. Kai nudged her, getting her attention.

“It looked like someone was being chased, what brings you around the neighborhood?” She asked him, before replying, Kai leaned forward the fix the strap of her purse on her shoulder.

“Probably a pickpocket or something, are you out in search for food?” Kai asked in a playful tone.

“I’m on my way to get dinner.” Jena replied, Kai started to grin at her.

“And, if you’re wondering, no, I haven’t finished the huge box of Choco pies that you sent me.”

“I had a feeling about that, come on, I know a place.” Kai offered his arm to her.

“You really think I would go with you for lunch?”

“It’s not like you have another option, and I know that you and Sejin aren’t on speaking terms.”

Jena paused, her forehead creased.

“You don’t have to talk about it, let’s just eat.”

Jena exhaled and hooked arms with him, Kai glanced over his shoulder and noticed his men hauling in a male into a black van.

His eyes focused on Jena again and he nudged her.

“For what’s it worth, she’s worried about you.” Kai said softly, Jena shook her head at him.

“She should be worried about herself.”

Jongin puffed his cheeks as they moved forward.

“Can we get something spicy?” She asked as they reached his car, Kai nodded and opened the door for her.

“We can get whatever you want,”

“That sounded really greasy.” Jena grimaced at him as she got inside the Maserati, Kai winked back at her. He closed the door and looked across the street, one of his men was looking at him.

He gave him a small nod, signaling that he didn’t need to be followed.

The black van sped away as Kai got inside his car.

“Hmm, that line usually works.”

“Not with me,” Jena pointed out as he stepped on the gas, Kai chuckled back.

“Of course.”

 

 

“Your version of a light snack kind of scares me.” Jena said as she eyed the pasta platter before them, Kai had ordered a large sized meal.

“I told you I was hungry.”

“This serves five people, Kai.” She mused as she started to put some pasta on her plate, Kai shrugged back at her.

“How come you’re not with..that guy? I assumed you two always went out for dinner or something.”

The waiter came with the wine, Jena politely declined.

“He’s been…a bit busy.”

“Ooh, trouble in paradise?” Kai said lightly, he could sense that the girl wasn’t feeling well.

Jena sent him a dry look over the table, he smiled.

“Lighten up, Jena. You look like you’re out to kill someone.”

Jena paused, her forehead creasing.

“Or, are you really?” Kai queried, she smiled and set her utensils down.

“How long have you known my cousin?”

“Hmm, freshman year of college. I guess, you can say, I know her well?” Kai said as he refilled his plate with more pasta and he asked for cheese.

“Sometimes, you think you know a person so well, and they do something..which completely takes you off-guard. And, you don’t know how to process that.”

“Are..we talking about Sejin?”

Jena sighed and picked up her fork again, Kai went back to eating, not wanting to press her to talk.

“I really thought she was okay with Daniel, you know. I mean, she’s always been a bit passive and quiet, but how could she not even try to tell me that~”

“Correction, Sejin’s not as passive as you think. There are things that frustrate her too.” Kai said, Jena puffed her cheeks.

“I never imagined she would be against Daniel, and to snub him at a company party, Kai, that was just too much.”

“She snubbed him?” Kai asked, now he was confused. The Sejin he knows may come off as cold and emotionless, but she was never rude. She would never embarrass a person like that.

“I…don’t know what to think right now, I don’t even know what to say to Daniel.”

Kai looked at the girl again, his forehead creasing.

But Sejin is family.

“Have you spoken to him?”

“No, he wont take any of my calls.” Jena replied, she picked up her fork and started to eat again, Kai puffed his cheeks and studied the expression on her face.

He should be talking to you to sort this out.

 

 

The staff inside the room remained frozen as Sejin leaned back on her seat, her lips were pursed as the report went on.

It was clear that she was not pleased with what’s going on. The young boss had requested them to prepare a presentation report and timeline for the Clover Group project, but the said report isn’t even halfway done.

“You’re telling me, you want to sell this to Clover Group? This?” Sejin gestured towards the screen, her secretary pressed his back against his chair.

“When did I ask for this? Three weeks ago, right? The contract hasn’t even been made that time, I asked you to be ready before they arrive here.”

“Yes, but vice president~”

“Please don’t tell you weren’t given enough time.”

The rest of the employees looked away, Sejin cloed her eyes briefly.

“We will be presenting this on Tuesday, I have to receive the final result this weekend. Or else, I wont be able to review it, and this whole thing will go down the drain, so,”

Sejin’s secretary took out his phone, wondering if he should give Chanyeol a call.

“What do you propose?” Sejin leaned on the desk, her expression cold and empty.

“We—We will work on it the whole weekend, ma’am.” The manager swallowed, his team members winced, but they nodded in unison.

“You decided on that, then,” Sejin stood up from her seat, the rest of them followed.

“I want a copy sent to me by Sunday afternoon.” She said before stepping out of the room, her secretary trailed behind her, still pondering on calling Chanyeol.

“Vice president, should I~”

Sejin’s phone started to ring and she took it out, her eyes widened as she recognized the caller.

Honey

“Cancel all my afternoon meetings, I have to be home for halmae’s party.” She said to the male.

“Yes, ma’am.”

“And, you’re done for the day. Enjoy your weekend.” Sejin told him as she moved forward, she swiped the green icon across the screen before answering the call.

“Jooheon-ah,”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++