034

boyfriend

 

Sejin glanced around them before looking at Chanyeol, he looked stressed out.

“Chanyeol-ah,”

“This wouldn’t have to happen if only you told me sooner that he was here and he’s working with you.”

Sejin paused, her forehead creasing.

“What?”

“If you only told me about him being back in your life, then this wouldn’t~”

“If I told you that, what would you have done? Beat him up before he even did anything?” She shot back, Chanyeol exhaled and he looked away.

“You being friendly with him was just leading him on, Sejin-ah. You’re~”

“Leading him on? Can you even hear yourself right now? That was just work, Chanyeol. I only communicated with him because of work. How could you even think that?”

“Then, why did you hide it from me? Was it so hard to even text me about it?”

Sejin grew silent, her jaw grew taut and she ran her fingers through her hair.

“What are you trying to say, Park Chanyeol?”

“Sejin-ah, you~”

“Did I even press you about the gun in your car? The amount of boydguards you assigned to me?”

“You want to talk about that?”

“While it was my mistake for not telling you, not once did I think about leading him on, Chanyeol. That night when he tried to kiss me, I was so afraid. It bothered me to death, and I was so happy to see you at my place. It was as if you knew that I needed you.”

Chanyeol looked away, his forehead creasing.

“I didn’t tell you because I thought it didn’t matter, it was just work, it was nothing. But for you to think like that, that’s just unfair.”

“Sejin-ah, I~”

“Don’t follow me. Your men too.” Sejin spat as she turned away from him, Chanyeol watched as the girl made her way towards the clubhouse without glancing back.

 

 

The male stood up as soon as hooded figure joined him by the table, the latter smiled and sat down.

“What did you want to talk about, Daniel-ssi?” He spoke as Daniel slowly took off the cap he was wearing.

“It’s actually about the scandal you wrote about me,” He spoke, the reporter froze and looked away.

“I know my company has given you a hard time with that, but I’d like to clarify some things.”

The male paused, stunned by his words.

“You want to deny all that?”

Daniel took a small sip from the glass of water before him, he set his phone aside and took out an envelope from his coat pocket.

“No. But, you got the details wrong. I was with a young lady, but the photographs you released, that wasn’t her.”

“The photos were wrong?” The reporter was confused, Daniel exhaled before smiling.

“I’ve made a lot of mistakes in the past, mister Seon. But, this one, I would like to correct.”

“If you don’t mind, just who is this young lady? She…seems important to you.” He asked carefully, Daniel glanced at the envelope again. He slowly took out its contents and pushed the bunch of photos towards the male.

“She comes from a prominent family, and.. it’s quite difficult for us to be together. If you know what I mean.” Daniel said softly, the reporter’s brows rose.

“They think you’re not good enough for her.”

Daniel looked up and met his gaze.

“I’d like the world to know that we’re together, and I hope the people tryin to tear us apart will get the message.”

 

 

Jena glanced at Kai as he took the seat beside her.

“I don’t see them.” She spoke, Kai looked around them and he shrugged.

“Chanyeol hyung…well, he was about to..send him to the hospital.”

“It was wrong for Jooheon to do that. I don’t understand what he’s trying to get out of this.”

Kai nodded back at her and he placed his phone on the table.

“They’re serving lunch in a bit, do you want to take a stroll around the property? I promised it wont smell bad like the stables.” He was grinning at her, Jena stood up and nodded.

“Maybe a walk will help, this place reeks of perfume.” She murmured, there were a lot of young ladies inside the banquet, and it seems like they all sprayed perfumes before going inside.

“Normal.” Kai chuckled and offered his arm to her, Jena paused, her forehead creasing.

“Come on, Jen. I don’t bite.” Kai mused, Jena snorted and hooked her arm with his, not noticing the amount of stares they were getting.

“Since when did you start playing this game?” She asked as they went down the steps, Kai tilted his head before replying.

“I was nine when I got really into it, I would come here every weekend, at some point I even dragged hyung with me. But he was never really interested, cars became more of his thing.”

“Yes, and~” Kai paused when he saw Sejin making her way towards them, Jena followed his gaze.

“Unnie,”

Sejin looked at them and she smiled.

“Jongin-ah, can I leave Jena with you?” She asked, Jena paused.

“Unnie, are you heading home?”

“Yeah, I suddenly don’t feel so well. Please?” Sejin turned to Kai, the male nodded.

“If you don’t feel so well, have Chanyeol hyung drive~”

“No, I’ll be fine. You two have fun.” Sejin patted Jena’s hand before turning her back to them, the two watched as the girl got in her car and quickly sped away from the property.

“That didn’t look good. She rarely calls me Jongin.” Kai murmured, Sejin pursed her lips and nodded.

“Something’s wrong.”

 

 

Sejin exhaled as she eased down on the gas, it was a good hour drive back to Seoul’s downtown area and she felt aggravated.

She shouldn’t have ignored the whole Jooheon thing, but it was just work. Jooheon was no one to her now, he didn’t affect her. Not anymore.

She pulled over by the side and put the car on park. She leaned her forehead against the wheel and closed her eyes.

Things were starting to make her doubt, Chanyeol had way too much bodyguards and there were times when things got intense.

Like that one time she was almost taken away.

The gun in his car.

The gun she felt that was holstered on his back.

She ran her fingers in her hair. She could hear her phone ringing inside her purse and she chose to ignored it.

What was happening?

Was this a sign that she and Chanyeol were ending?

She closed her eyes and turn the volume up, it was all getting too much for her.

How could Chanyeol think that way? For him to assume that she never mentioned the project to him because she wanted to lead Jooheon on?

It took her years just to get out of that relationship, why would she want to be back?

Chanyeol had kept her sane, he was her calm in the storm and safety net in all the chaos.

How could he not trust her when given any day, she’d let him take over for her?

Her phone started to ring again, Sejin let out heavy sigh, she was about to pull away from the wheel when suddenly the driver’s door was yanked open and cold breeze crashed into the car.

Before she could react, she felt something cold and hard being pressed against the back of her head.

“One wrong move, princess and your head blows up.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++