029

boyfriend

 

Chanyeol puffed his cheeks as he put the car to a full stop, Sejin was smiling as she looked at the building.

“You can always take the day off.” Chanyeol murmured as he put the Mercedes Benz G-Class to park.

“I know, but I have things to finish. Come on,” She scrunched her nose at him, he nodded back and killed the engine. Sejin slid down and she noticed her boyfriend’s bodyguards at a distance. Her brows furrowed briefly.

“What do you have for today? Meetings?” He asked as they walked towards the doors.

“I don’t know yet, but I’ve got documents to review and,” She took his hand in hers, Chanyeol smiled.

“Appa may want me to report on the recent move to push forward with the whole green energy thing.” She murmured as she ignored the stares they were getting.

Chanyeol grew amused, Sejin was known to dislike being showy, even holding hands in public bothered her.

“Sejin-ah, it’s fine. You don’t have to do this.” He said as he gently tugged on her hand, she turned and blinked at him.

tumblr_pooxft9T8J1r9f40do1_400.gif

Chanyeol gently pulled her towards him before speaking.

“I know you’re thinking that you need to do this to make me feel better, but, I’m okay now. You’ve made yourself clear that I’m important to you.”

Sejin chewed on her lower lip, Chanyeol scrunched his nose at her.

“It really is okay, you can~”

“Still one of Seoul’s most powerful couples.” Another voice chimed in, Chanyeol turned his head and found Jena walking towards them.

“Please don’t break up, or else I will really cry.”

Sejin grinned at the girl, Chanyeol looked at the two.

“Oh, so you two are okay now?”

“Yes, oppa. You two seem okay now as well.” Jena mused back, Chanyeol pursed his lips at her statement.

“I’m going to get coffee for us, Kai’s just parking the car.”

“So, everyone’s visiting?” Sejin scratched the back of her neck, Chanyeol could sense that the girl just wanted to get to work.

“I’ll come with Jena to buy drinks, you can go ahead.” Chanyeol touched her cheek, Jena beamed at the two. Chanyeol glanced behind him and his men moved forward.

“Okay, you two be careful.” Sejin smiled back before going into the building, Chanyeol puffed his cheeks and looked at Jena.

“You. We need to talk.” Jena stated before moving along.

 

 

Sejin puffed her cheeks as the two men stood by her office doors, she shook her head and went inside.

“Sejin-ah!” She heard someone call to her before closing the doors.

“Kim Jongin, hey.”

Sejin ushered her friend in, but Kai didn’t fail to meet the gaze of one of the guards.

“Thank you for taking care of Jena last night, how bad was it?” She asked him, Kai shrugged as he made himself comfortable on one of the leather seats.

“It was nothing. Jena’s not the annoying kind of drunk.” He said jokingly, Sejin shook her head before taking a seat.

“I feel bad, you know. Kai, I don’t know how to comfort people. So I had no idea what to say to her, all I know is that I hate that guy. And that I should have warned her earlier.”

“She..got attached to him, Kai. But, he never wanted commitment, and now all these tabloids are coming out. I’m afraid she’s gonna get hurt more.”

“So, you want me to take care of it?” Kai offered, Sejin blinked at his tone but she shook her head.

“I want to keep her distracted and~”

“Vice president.” Her secretary spoke softly, Kai glanced up.

“You..You have a guest, he was adamant about seeing you, ma’am. We sent him up, we’re worried he might gain unwanted attention.” He said apologetically.

“Well, I’m praying it wont be Jooheon, because someone might go The Hulk again.” Kai muttered to himself, Sejin sent him a look before facing her secretary again.

“Who~”

“Noona, it’s me.”

Sejin halted when Kang Daniel walked in the room, Kai exhaled and looked away.

“Why are you here?” Sejin stood up.

“I’ve been trying to reach Jena, noona. I was really worried, she wouldn’t answer my calls and,” He paused when he noticed Kai lounging on one of the seats. Sejin didn’t miss how the male’s forehead creased.

“I was wondering if she ever contacted you?” Daniel asked with a small smile.

Sejin started to shake her head.

“I don’t think you have the right to ask me that, I would have to suggest that~”

‘’You leave her alone.” Kai finished, Sejin paused at his words.

“Excuse me?” Daniel looked at the male, Kai smirked and stood up.

“You heard me. Leave.”

 

 

“Oppa, really.” Jena sighed as Chanyeol paid for their coffee.

“Really, what?”

“I don’t understand how you were upset about Jooheon.”

Chanyeol looked away and ushered the girl to move along, Jena looked around them.

“How could you think that? He’s in her past.”

“I know that, but, he was~”

“He is an ex-boyfriend. That’s all.” Jena stated, Chanyeol looked away.

“Look, I’m saying this because I’m confident enough that I know Sejin unnie well. And please, don’t let this get to your head.”

Their orders were served and Chanyeol picked them up.

“Unnie, has always chosen you. At first she was worried that you might find her too overbearing, she was bothered that you might think she was too…dark.”

“Dark?”

“She’s not exactly the sunniest person out there, oppa. And, yet you changed that. she talks more now, actually starts a conversation when she has to. I mean, she’s still her, only, better.” She shrugged, Chanyeol’s brows went up.

“You helped her with her social anxiety, she’s gotten a lot more confident, that’s because she trusts you and listens to your encouragement. Because she knows that you will always have her back. She depends on you, and she doesn’t do that with others.”

“Sejin changed my life too.” Chanyeol replied, Jena nodded back.

“I can see that, you’re less carefree now. Unlike before.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment.” He muttered back as they crossed the street.

“I mean it, oppa. She’s always chosen you, it’s just added bonus that you get along with our family.”

“Your family’s nice.”

“Uhm, okay. You’re weird.” Jena chuckled and shook her head.

“So, you don’t have to worry about him. He wasn’t…good for her. Unnie will always go to you, no matter what. That I can vouch for.”

“Jena~”

“I mean it. You’re very important to her, so, please, take care of my best friend, alright?”

 

 

“You heard me. Leave.”

Sejin faced Kai, there was a look in his eyes that started to worry her.

“I’m sorry, I was talking to her.” Daniel said, his tone sharp.

“I don’t think Sejin even welcomed you in here,” Kai chimed back as he stood between the girl and Daniel.

Sejin tensed, she could sense how Kai was irritated, but it wasn’t just that.

“I don’t know how to say this, but can you please stay out of this?” Daniel shot back.

“You waltz in here acting as if you’re all chummy with my friend, and yet the other day your photos were all over the media, liplocking with a stranger. Do you want to drag Sejin down with you as well?”

“It’s not that,” Daniel tried to explain, Sejin looked at Kai’s back again, he had his hands buried in his pant pockets and his shouders were tensed up.

“You’re here for Jena because she wont answer your calls.” Kai stated, Daniel paused, his brows rose up.

“What is that to you? Who are you to her?” Daniel shot back, Sejin grew pensive as she glanced over her table, her phone was still in her purse.

Should I call Chanyeol for help?

“You shouldn’t be asking me that, you’re the stranger here.” Kai replied, Daniel let out a laugh and Sejin noticed how her friend’s jaw twitched. Images of Kai from uni returned to her, she shook her head.

Kai was the “bad boy” of her batch, he got into fights but nobody ever knew who had problems with or who tried to beat him up.

“I just need a word with Sejin noona, so, why don’t you,” Daniel took a step towards him, Kai didn’t flinch.

“Get the hell out of my way.” Daniel spat. Sejin panicked, and then Kai started to chuckle.

“You’re overstepping your boundaries, I don’t even know you.” Daniel added, then the doors started to open.

“Kai, I got you a latte. I was calling you but~” Jena halted when she finally looked up from the bag she was holding. Chanyeol’s brows furrowed as he saw Daniel in the room.

“Hi.” Sejin blurted out, relieved.

“Jena,” Daniel turned to the girl, Sejin backed away. Chanyeol his lips and looked at his friends.

“W—Why are you here?” Jena stammered, Sejin crossed her arms.

“I wanted to talk~”

“No.” Jena spoke as she stepped away from him, Daniel shook his head and tried to reach for her arm.

But the girl pulled back.

Chanyeol took out his drink and took a long sip as he watched the scene before him.

“I don’t want to talk. Why are you even here? My cousin’s office, really?” Jena grew agitated, Sejin sent Chanyeol a look from across the room, the latter just grinned.

“Jena, please,” Daniel said softly as he held onto her arm, and then he started to pull her towards the door.

“Daniel, I said I don’t~”

Daniel was suddenly yanked back, Sejin’s eyes doubled in size as Kai grabbed the male by the back of his jacket.

“What part of no, do you not understand?” Kai stated, his voice getting deeper, Jena swallowed as she rubbed her wrist.

“Let go of me!” Daniel hissed at him, Chanyeol pushed himself off the wall and set his coffee down.

“You barge in here, acting like you own the place and now, you can’t even respect her, what are you?” Kai shot back, his jaw still twitching.

“Kim Jongin.” Chanyeol said as he walked towards Sejin and pulled the girl away from the two males.

“Let me remind you, bud.” Kai spat as he let go of Daniel, the younger male almost tripped on his feet.

“This isn’t your territory and you’re not welcome here.”

Daniel raised his fist, but Kai’s snort stopped him.

“You really want to go down that road? Right now?” Kai asked him as his hands went back to his pocket, Jena backed away.

“Call the guards, please.” Sejin tugged on Chanyeol’s sleeve.

“No, he deserves this.” He replied, Sejin shook her head at him.

“You have nothing to offer but your money, what are you so proud for?” Daniel said to him.

“For starters,” Kai took a step towards him, Daniel flinched and moved back.

“I’m not an and,”

“You may now leave.” Kai stated just as Sejin’s bodyguards walked in the room.

“Jena, wait~” Daniel tried to walk towards her, the guards moved back as Kai suddenly er punched the male in the gut.

“For once, why don’t you try respecting her?” Kai spat as the male stumbled to the floor, Jena gasped.

“Show him the way out.” He ordered to the guards before leaving the office.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++