เก้า

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm backkk. no? hihi So, when I started writing this, it was going to go in a completely different direction but here we are.  As always I just want to thank everyone for subscribing and all the upvotes. If you have the time I would really appreciate a review or comment or a message. Feedback is always helpful and keeps a writer going. You are awesome and I hope you enjoy the update. 

Lisa strummed her guitar absent mindedly as she stared out the window. She had always loved music but hadn't played in a while; She was busy with life and with her pursuit of Chaeyoung.

Still though, every time she picked up a guitar it felt like coming home. Her fingers instinctively knew where to arrange themselves on the frets along the neck of her guitar. They knew what song she wanted to play before she even strummed the first chord.

She wasn't sure what genre to play, would Chaeyoung prefer some light rock or was she more of a country gal. They had talked about seemingly everything during that week on the cruise but still Lisa felt like there was so much she didn't know about Chaeyoung. It scared her to think about the things she didn't know. All she could think was that she might never get her answers.

If Chaeyoung never woke up she would never get to ask her what her favourite song is or what she likes to eat for breakfast. Lisa couldn't think like that though, stay positive the doctors had said. Stay positive Jisoo had said. She will wake up, her parents had said. Lisa wasn't so sure but she kept strumming.

"Chipmunk loves that song," Lisa heard Jisoo's voice before she saw that the other woman had just walked into the room.

"It was one of the first ones I learned to play actually."

"She always said it sounded like the song they would play in a romantic comedy when the two leads are kissing in the rain," Jisoo chuckled as she said this.

"Says," Lisa said quietly.

"What?"

"Says," Lisa repeated, "Chaeyoung always says that. She's still here."

"Says," Jisoo agreed.

They sat in silence for a while, Jisoo curling up in a chair at the end of Chaeyoung's bed. It had been almost a week since the accident and every day was like this one. Lisa showed up at the hospital as early as possible. She would sit next to Chaeyoung's bedside. Most of the time she would play for her. Sometimes she would read to her. Sometimes she would just talk to her, ramble mostly.

Lisa would tell her things she had never told anyone in her life. She would read off the lists in her mind of her favourite songs, her favourite bands and all the books she loved. 

∞∞∞∞∞

Lisa thought her relationship with Jisoo was rather strange, or at least she thought other people would think it strange. She had spent more time with Jisoo than she ever had with Chaeyoung. Between showing up at her office and spending time with her now, they had sort of become friends. 

It was a weird way to become friends with her, Lisa thought; hanging out with the best friend of the girl you're into while she's in a coma. Even so, Jisoo never said anything about it. She was always steadfastly on Chaeyoung's side when Lisa had been pursuing her, but now there were no sides. They were both on Chaeyoung's side; they just wanted her to wake up. They were friends because they both just wanted Chaeyoung to be okay again.

"There's muffins in the bag," Jisoo spoke up after they had been sitting for what seemed like forever. "If you're hungry," she added.

"Thanks."

"Chaeyoung hates muffins you know. She says there's no icing so what's the point."

Lisa laughed, of course she does. She knew from the short period of time she had spent with Chaeyoung that she was quirky. She was bubbly and fun and strong willed and opinionated and of course she hates muffins. Lisa pulled her knees to her chest; the room had gone quiet again.

"What else does she hate?" she asked.

"Not much," Jisoo admitted, "she's the kind of person who loves the world and everything in it."

"Except muffins," Lisa said, chuckling.

"Except muffins."

∞∞∞∞∞

Days passed, Lisa and Jisoo sat by Chaeyoung's bedside and talked. They laughed. Most of the time they sat in silence. They watched as doctors and nurses came through the room, checking monitors and fussing with Chaeyoung.

Lisa had taken time off work. Bambam said he could handle it and that she should be with Chaeyoung if she felt that was the right thing to do. Jisoo took time off too, to take care of Ella. Chaeyoung's sister Alice said she could take her but Jisoo insisted. Alice made Jisoo promise that she would let her help. Apparently Jisoo had a problem with asking people for help, even when she needed it.

Every day they hoped she would wake up or show some signs of life beyond breathing and every day they went to sleep disappointed. The doctors weren't much help. They never really had anything new to say or any hope to give them. They said cases like this were hard to call. They said that anything could happen and it was still early. 

∞∞∞∞∞

"Do you want to come back to my place for dinner?" Jisoo asked one night as she was about to leave.

Lisa didn't answer at first, unsure. She always left later than Jisoo, preferring to stay by Chaeyoung's side until it was time to go home to sleep.

"Jennie is making chicken piccata," she offered, trying to convince her.

"I'm fine," Lisa lied, "I'll just get something from the vending machines."

Jisoo shook her head as she grabbed Lisa's hands and pulled her up out of the chair she practically lived in these days.

"Lisa, you need to take care of yourself. She'd want you to. Chaeyoung always wants the best for everyone and she would want you to be okay."

Lisa agreed silently and followed Jisoo out of the hospital room.

Jisoo's apartment was gorgeous, and so was her girlfriend. The gorgeous woman  smiled at Lisa as she crossed the threshold.

"This is Jennie," Jisoo said, introducing her sort of friend to her girlfriend.

"Hi," Lisa said nodding in her direction. "Your apartment is really nice."

"Thank you," Jennie smiled, "all Jisoo's doing though. She has an eye for interior design. I told her she should start decorating the places she sells."

Lisa hadn't noticed her before but as she looked around she saw little Ella curled up in a chair in the corner. Lisa could tell she wasn't sleeping but she was still and not the bright, bubbly little one that Jisoo had described. Lisa watched her for a moment, unsure if she should say anything.

"Hi," Lisa almost whispered, sitting down on the coffee table in front of Ella.

Ella didn't respond, she didn't even turn to look at Lisa, her eyes focused on something or nothing outside the window.

"I heard you like doing people's hair," Lisa offered, Jisoo had told her this one-day as they sat in Chaeyoung's hospital room.

Ella still didn't answer.

"It's okay you know. To be sad."

Lisa knew this little girl, she remembered this little girl. She was this little girl, after her mom passed away. She was a little older than Ella at the time. She was lost and she miss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter