สิบเอ็ด

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


It had only been three days so far and Lisa could already tell that Chaeyoung was annoyed that she needed so much help. She was obviously a very independent person and not having use of her own legs was something she just wasn't used to. She had broken her arm once when she was younger, she told Lisa, but this was nothing compared to that. It made Lisa realize just how much she took her own mobility for granted. She was sure Chaeyoung would get used to it if she had more time to adjust but for the time being, she was irritated.

It was Saturday afternoon and Lisa were over at Jisoo's apartment. She had been spending the night at home since the apartment was already crowded with Jisoo, Jennie, Ella, Chaeyoung and Alice. In the morning though she would wake up and head over to the apartment to see Chaeyoung. At first it was strange for her, seeing Chaeyoung for the first time outside of the hospital and the safety net that was their cruise. She wasn't seeing Chaeyoung exactly in her natural environment given the circumstances, but it was closer than she had ever been before.

"Morning," Lisa greeted Jisoo when she opened the door. "I come bearing pizza."

Jisoo laughed, "Perfect, Ella will be excited about lunch."

"How is Chaeyoung today?" She asked, hoping she was in a better mood than the day prior.

"She's okay, she's just been watching music videos with Ella and Alice. I don't know how much more Taylor Swift I can take but Ella is enjoying herself."

Lisa chuckled and failed to mention how often she actually plays Taylor Swift in her car on the way to work. She walked in the living room to find the exact scenario Jisoo had just laid out. Chaeyoung was lying down on the couch, Alice was sitting in the armchair and Ella was dancing around the living room to the music. Lisa smiled at the sight, there was something so perfect about the whole thing.

"Lisa!" Ella shouted when she finally noticed the her.

"Hey squirt, how are you today?"

"Good. I'm practicing my dance moves."

"I can see that, looking good."

Ella smiled and demonstrated one of her best moves for Lisa. After a few minutes Lisa made her way over to Chaeyoung and sat down on the table in front of her.

"Hey," Lisa greeted as she leaned down to press a kiss to her lips.

"Hey to you too."

"How are you feeling today?"

"Better now that you're here."

Lisa laughed, "That might be the cheesiest thing anyone has ever said to me but I love it. Do you mind if I sit down?"

Lisa helped Chaeyoung prop up her legs on a pillow on the coffee table and took a seat next to her, placing her arm around Chaeyoung's shoulders. Her fingers found their way into her locks and Lisa kissed her on the cheek. Her cheek was cold and Lisa could tell she had probably been cold for a while, probably because she didn't want to ask anyone to fetch her a blanket. Lisa got up from her comfortable position and looked around the living room.

"I'll be right back; I'm just looking for a blanket. It's a bit cold here, don't you think?"

Chaeyoung didn't answer but Lisa knew she'd feel better when she covered her up. When she returned to the living room, she had an enormous fluffy pink blanket that she assumed belonged to Ella. She sat back down and resumed her position covering both of them with warmth. She knew Chaeyoung was being stubborn but she didn't say anything, not wanting to stir things up. She should have asked for a blanket before now but Lisa knew how bad she was already feeling about not being able to do everything on her own like she normally would.

"That's better," Lisa said, even though she wasn't really that cold in the first place. "I must be a reptile," she joked.

They sat in silence for a few more minutes, just watching Ella dance. Alice was now recording a video of Ella and the little girl was making goofy faces for the camera.

"Thank you," Chaeyoung whispered in Lisa's ear suddenly, "I was cold."

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

It was then that Jisoo and Jennie joined them in the living room with the pizza Lisa had brought now on paper plates.

"Lunch is served ladies, let me know if you need anything else," Jennie offered, taking a bow as if she were their humble servant.

"I could use a soda," Jisoo piped up, "but I can help you get it in the kitchen."

The fact that Jisoo clearly wanted to speak with Jennie in private was not lost on Lisa and she was sure it wasn't lost on the other women either.

When they were safely out of ear shot Jisoo revealed her true intentions.

"We should set up a date night for Lisa and Chaeyoung," she suggested.

"Great idea, except Chaeyoung doesn't want to go out anywhere."

"They could stay in. You, Alice and I could take Ella out and they could have a romantic dinner."

"Another great idea except Lisa doesn't cook and our chipmunk can't really do that on her own right now, the counters in here are all way too high."

"I'll cook or they can order take out. The point is they need some time alone. Lisa has been here for her for weeks and we have all been hanging out as a group since Chaeyoung got home. I think they need some time to talk about their relationship."

"Well of course I'm down for whatever. You know I'd do anything for you and for Chaeyoung."

"I love you babe," Jisoo placed a kiss on her girlfriend's lips and then another and another and she returned each one.

"I love you too."

When Jisoo and Jennie returned they had soda for everyone and some juice for Ella. Jennie put Jisoo out of her misery and switched off Ms. Swift in favor of a movie.

As they were finishing up their lunch Jisoo spoke up again, "Tonight Jennie, Alice and I will be taking Ella out to go bowling."

Alice looked at Jisoo surprised but went along with it.

"Right, I totally forgot that was tonight," she said, "we have been meaning to take her for a while."

Ella was about to speak up but Jennie pulled her down into his lap and started to tickle her to keep her quiet. She giggled and squealed and eventually forgot all about what she was going to interrupt with.

"Really?" Chaeyoung asked, obviously skeptical of the announcement.

"Really. Jennie loves bowling and she has been meaning to teach little Ella all about 5 pins for a while now. Right sweetheart?"

Jennie nodded enthusiastically although she had never bowled a day in her life.

"Is Lisa joining you? I'm sure she's really good at bowling," Chaeyoung was pushing it just to see how committed they were to what she was sure was a white lie of some sort.

"No," Lisa said, "I umm, I hate bowling."

A wink from Jisoo told Lisa that her response was the correct one.

"So, it will just be the two of us then?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yeah, I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter