สาม

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey, again, an update because why not, right? I do hope you'll enjoy this chapter. As always your feedback would be greatly appreciated whether you leave a comment or send me a private message. Ciao!

 

The sun washed over Chaeyoung as she stuffed the remaining shirts back into her suitcase. This time tomorrow she would be back home and getting ready for work and she wasn't quite sure if she was ready for that. It had been a wonderful week at sea and going back to her mundane routine would be an unwelcome adjustment. No more swimming in a gigantic pool, dancing away her evenings. No more midnight cocktails or watching the on board entertainment. Certainly no more gourmet meals and the view, well she would definitely miss the view.

She zipped her suitcase up slowly as if the speed at which she sealed her luggage would buy her extra time aboard the ship. The only thing her slowness would buy her was a dirty look from Jisoo who had been fully packed hours ago.

"Hurry up Chae, the last announcement said we would be at the port by noon," her short best friend shouted, the annoyance in her voice is clear.

"Noon is still fifteen minutes away Chu, calm down."

Chaeyoung could tell her best friend was not amused. Unlike her she was obviously excited to get home, probably to see Jennie and prepare for work the next morning. It baffled Chaeyoung but Jisoo loved her job. She spent her days showing houses to yuppies and couldn't get enough. Chaeyoung wondered if it was just the commission she loved but knowing Jisoo she probably got a thrill out of helping people select a house.

When Chaeyoung finally dragged her suitcase off the bed she sat down in its place, taking one last look around the room.

"It really was a lovely vacation Chu, thank you."

A smile replaced the angry look that had been on Jisoo's face moments earlier.

"You're welcome, you know I'd do anything for you chipmunk. You're my bestfriend."

"I know, but you didn't have to do this and I appreciate it. You could have enjoyed a week long cruise with your super hot girlfriend but you took me instead, that's loyalty."

A comfortable silence fell over the pair; now Jisoo had joined Chaeyoung in savoring the last few minutes of their vacation. Without warning Jisoo got up from the bed and rushed out the door of their room with her luggage. Chaeyoung didn't question it and just followed her.

Jisoo was just standing there looking out over the railing letting the wind blow her brunette hair all around. She was just taking in the moment, the weather, the bright sun, the warm wind; it wasn't something they would get when they got back home. Mornings were never like this outside her window.

"Come here," Jisoo called, gesturing for Chaeyoung to stand next to her.

Chaeyoung looked where the brunette had been looking previously and she could see land. This was it; they were almost home and the vacation was over.

The two women stared for a few more minutes, watching as the ship slowly approached land. It was Jisoo who spoke up first, startling Chaeyoung slightly.

"So, did you make plans to see Lisa on land yet?"

The look on Chaeyoung's face soured immediately.

"I told you already Jisoo, it was a fun week but I don't plan on seeing her again. What happens on the boat stays on the boat."

"I think that's Vegas Chae, and have you told Lisa this yet? Last night she seemed pretty jazzed about getting together this week."

"Well, not exactly. I was kind of hoping not to run into her at all, I mean they're staying all the way at the other end of the ship. If we get off first and go back to our car, well that's all there is to it."

"You can't be serious Chaeyoung, you could at least tell her why you don't want to see her again. How crappy would you feel if she did that to you?"

"She wouldn't understand, she would just beg me to give her a chance or something. You know I can't do that so why put us both through that. It's better this way. I can just stay the mysterious girl she met on a cruise once. No harm, no foul. It's not like we are soul mates or something."

Chaeyoung's tone told Jisoo that she wasn't getting anywhere with this. The two women walked towards where they knew they would be exiting the ship and just waited. A crowd had gathered around, obviously lots of people eager to step back on dry land. Chaeyoung couldn't figure out why, but then it occurred to her that these people are on cruise; they probably have fabulous lives to go back to.

They were so close to getting off the boat when Chaeyoung heard a voice behind her.

"Hey Chaeng, wait up," Lisa's voice rang out in the crisp air.

Chaeyoung was hesitant but turned around anyway. She couldn't blatantly ignore the woman and she was sure Jisoo wouldn't help her escape the situation.

"Hey Lisa, what's up?"

Before Lisa got another word out she was planting a kiss on Cheyoung's lips, barely noticing that she wasn't returning her enthu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter