แปด

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I know I haven't been doing a good job updating lately but life gets in the way and I appreciate your patience. I honestly wasn't sure what was going to happen when Lisa woke up the next morning and I was having like all those crazy ideas inside my head that I don't even know how to write like in a less dramatic way cause your girl does not want any more drama but with this chapter I know what direction the story is headed to as I prepare to wrap things up. As always, comments are greatly appreciated.

The sun was practically blinding Lisa as she lay in bed; a hangover had her head pounding. She stayed like that for a few minutes, the light definitely wasn't helping the pain in her head but she didn't want to move. It wasn't until her phone rang a couple seconds later that Lisa remembered last night. She hopped out of bed, her head still throbbing and grabbed her still ringing phone off the nightstand. She answered before they could hang up without even checking to see if the number matched the one from last night.

"Hello?" Lisa said, almost as if it was a question. She didn't have any idea who might be calling her this early unless it was Chaeyoung.

"Hi Lisa, it's Jisoo."

Lisa sighed into the speaker before speaking, "please tell me she didn't ask you to call and reject me again for her?"

The line was quiet and the longer it was the more nervous Lisa became. She was sure that video would work but at this point it seemed like it hadn't.

"Jisoo, you still there?"

This time it was Jisoo who was sighing into the phone, "yeah, sorry."

"I'm calling because Chaeyoung's in the hospital. We went out last night to get a few things at the store and a truck…"

Jisoo stopped there unable to continue.

"I'm on my way," Lisa hung up the phone and ran out of her penthouse practically tripping over her still sleeping friends in the living room.

≈≈≈≈≈

As she made her way down to her car Lisa checked the number Jisoo had called from to see if it matched the one from last night. When it did Lisa's heart sunk. Jisoo had been calling to tell her this last night. She had called her right after it happened so she could be there and she wasn't. Jisoo would only call her if Chaeyoung wanted her there and Lisa didn't even bother to answer the phone. She couldn't beat herself up about this right now, she had somewhere to be but she was pissed at herself. She could have been there for her already but instead she went to sleep.

Lisa made it to the hospital quickly but wasn't quite sure where to go when she arrived. She sent a text to the number Jisoo had called from and hoped she would answer quickly.

Lisa's phone buzzed and she had her answer.

Room 46B

Jisoo was standing outside the room waiting for her when she arrived.

"I'm sorry," it was the only thing Lisa could think of to say when she saw the other woman.

Jisoo took a deep breath, "she was going to call you today."

Lisa wasn't sure if that comforted her or made her feel worse about the whole situation.

"Can I see her?"

"I'm so sorry I didn't know how to tell you this on the phone. Chaeyoung hasn't woken up since the accident; she's in a coma. I was in the car with her but the car that hit us swerved and hit us on an angle, she was driving and the car impacted on her side. She was in the middle of telling me how excited she was to see you again."

Jisoo's eyes were filled with tears as she finished speaking and Lisa could feel tears forming in her own eyes. It was a few seconds later and Jisoo had her arms around the tall woman. They weren't close or even friends really but they had Chaeyoung in common and Lisa didn't shy away from the embrace.

As Jisoo pulled away Lisa looked up at her and examined her face. She noticed things she hadn't when she first arrived at the hospital. She had scratches and scars that weren't covered by her brunette hair. Lisa assumed they were from the glass of the shattered windshield. Other than that though the woman had obviously been lucky. Chaeyoung was lying in a coma and Jisoo was standing in front of her almost unscathed, at least physically.

Jisoo could obviously sense what the blonde was thinking.

"I was incredibly lucky. It happened so fast and all I can remember is walking out of the car and seeing her still trapped in the car as the rescue workers fought to get her out. She wasn't screaming, she wasn't moving; it was like time stood still. I just stood there and watched and then I remembered…"

Jisoo stopped again, not sure if she should continue with what she was going to say.

"I remembered Chaeyoung's daughter was in the back seat. I looked toward the back of the car but she wasn't in there. I yelled out her name and walked around the scene, there was glass and metal on the ground and there was blood and Lisa I have never been more scared in my life."

Lisa's jaw was visibly hanging open; she hadn't expected to hear Jisoo's addition to the story. She was speechless.

They stood in silence outside of Chaeyoung's hospital room. Lisa had a million questions swirling in her brain. This was too much information for her to process. She didn't know what to think, what to say, she almost wanted to run out of the hospital and go back to bed. Maybe if she could just get home and pull the covers up over her head all of this would go away. It was shocking and it hurt and Lisa's world had been turned upside down.

"Is she okay?" Lisa spoke up finally, "Chaeyoung's daughter. Is she okay?"

"Ella," Jisoo clarified, "yes, thank God. She was sitting in a safety seat back on my side of the car and not Chaeyoung's. Chaeyoung keeps the child seat on the opposite side of her car so she can see her more easily. She would have been crushed if she had been on the driver's side of the car. She's traumatized and scared obviously, but she's asleep right now."

"Chaeyoung never mentioned her," Lisa spoke up.

"It's complicated."

"I'm sure it is but I can't help but feel like I don't know her at all."

Jisoo didn't feel like it was her place but Lisa had questions now and she was the only one who could answer them.

"Don't be upset. She likes you a lot. Her life is messy, she has a lot going on and she's been through a lot. She just thought that if she told you the truth, you wouldn't want to be with her. Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter