สิบ

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey There lovely people, you have been the most patient reader and I really do appreciate that. Thank you all so so so much for sticking with this story and for always patiently waiting for an update. Don't forget to leave a comment or send me a message.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

When Lisa arrived at the hospital Jisoo was again standing in front of the door to Chaeyoung's room. It was obvious that she was there to fill Lisa in on whatever she had missed when she dropped her phone. 

Her heart was racing, she had assumed Jisoo had good news but this could be anything. Her tone had been even, she didn't sound upset, Chaeyoung had to be okay, she had to.

"Lisa, hey," she heard the other woman's voice as she neared the spot where Jisoo stood, "calm down."

Jisoo placed her hands on Lisa's shoulders and waited for her to take a deep breath. It was obvious Lisa was worked up and Jisoo wished she had let her finish when they were on the phone. Perhaps she shouldn't have opened with her needing to get down here now. It wasn't her intention to scare her or get her all worked up like this. The doctor had news and she just thought Lisa would want to hear it.

"Do you need to go sit down?" Jisoo asked, "we can find some chairs in the waiting room."

"I'm fine," Lisa was only half lying; she just really wanted to know why she was here.

"When the nurse came in to check on Chaeyoung this morning she saw movement, Chaeng was stirring. She called in the doctor to see and he confirmed it. This is a good sign Lisa, she's in there and the doctor thinks she's close to waking up. He thinks she's trying."

Lisa's jaw was agape. She had of course been hoping for more when Jisoo called her but this was something. This was good news.

"Can we go in and see her?" Lisa asked, a little unsure.

"You can," Jisoo said smiling, "I've been here for a while. I'm going to go home and check on Ella and Jennie."

Lisa nodded, "yeah, okay. I'll call you if there is any more news."

Lisa watched as Jisoo walked down the long hallway and turned the corner. She was hesitant to go in, she was excited minutes ago but now she was nervous. All the doctor had said was that she could wake up soon. Nothing was guaranteed and there was still no time frame. Close wasn't now and Lisa didn't want to get her hopes up anymore than they already were.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

As Lisa cracked the door open she could see Chaeyoung lying there, still. She may have been stirring before but she was stiff right now. She hated seeing her like this, it was hard to see her like this, it never stopped being hard. The Chaeyoung she had met on the cruise was bright and full of life. She was perky and upbeat and so far removed from this. This Chaeyoung needed her to be there though. She needed the people she cares about to stick by her and be there even when she can't be with them. Lisa knew this much so she sat in the same chair she did every day and watched. In her haste to get to the hospital Lisa hadn't brought anything with her, no book, no music, nothing. She was alone with her thoughts and the noise from the machines in Chaeyoung's room.

As much as she wanted it, her brain just wouldn't stop. Her thoughts were running wild and they were forcing her to consider each one. The loudest one was a thought she had a couple of times before. Whenever she was sitting in this very room the same thought crossed her mind. What would she say to Chaeyoung if she did wake up? Surely Chaeyoung would have questions. What would she tell her? Oh hi Chaeyoung, no I know we're not together but yes I have been sitting by your bedside for weeks. What would Chaeyoung think of that? Sure Jisoo said she was going to call her the day of the crash but she hadn't, not yet. 

As far as Caeyoung was concerned Lisa was still the woman she left behind on that cruise, the one she said she wasn't ready for a relationship with. Lisa wasn't really anything to Chaeyoung, she was just a girl and would Chaeyoung even want to see her when she woke up? Lisa couldn't bear the thought.

"I'm sorry if it's weird if I'm here right now," Lisa started; even if no one was listening she wanted to get this off her chest.

"This isn't the way I pictured seeing you again. When I thought of our perfect first date it definitely wasn't in a hospital. I wanted to take you on a picnic; I was going to make your favourite food, the ones you told me about on the cruise. I figured that was good for me because I'm not a very good cook anyway. I even bought a picnic basket after I gave Jisoo the video; I dared to hope that I would see you again. I hope you know I'm here because I care about you and I can't picture myself with anyone else. Every time I close my eyes and dream about my future, you're there…"

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Lisa stopped talking when Chaeyoung's room erupted with noise. The machines were going crazy, beeping loudly and she was scared. When she looked over she could see Chaeyoung struggling to breathe. She didn't know what to do. She stood frozen in the corner of the room as nurses raced in to check on her.

She couldn't see anything; the crowd of people who now surrounded Chaeyoung's bed formed a curtain that blocked her view. The loud noises from the machines stopped but there was loud talking now. Lisa couldn't understand any of the medical mumbo jumbo she heard. Everything was a blur and Lisa wasn't sure if she should try and excuse herself and call Jisoo or just stay still. She was too scared to move so she stayed in her corner.

It took a few minutes but eventually the crowd of doctors and nurses dissipated. After a while it was just her doctor left in the room, her still in the corner and him standing over Chaeyoung's bed. Lisa walked over hesitantly, she was sure by now that no one even knew she was in the room still.

"Hi," Lisa spoke up and then the doctor turned around startled.

"Lisa?" a voice replied, barely a whisper.

"Chaeyoung, oh my god, you're awake."

"You're here."

"I'm here."

The doctor interrupted, "I'm sorry Lisa, I didn't realize you were in here. Often when patients come out of a coma they choke on their breathing tube and begin to struggle. She's okay."

Lisa smiled at Chaeyoung, relieved to know that all that commotion had been a good sign after all. Chaeyoung was awake.

Doctor left the room, sensing that they could use a moment alone.

"It's not weird," Chaeyoung spoke up again after a few minutes.

Lisa gave her a strange look. "What?"

"I said it's not weird that you're here."

Chaeyoung had obviously heard what she had been saying. She blushed slightly, she wondered how much Chaeyoung had heard over the last two weeks. She and Jisoo had spent days in the room chatting by her bedside. Not that she had said anyt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter