ห้า

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bambam seemed to forget what a speed limit was as he raced the six blocks towards Kim Jisoo's office. Lisa however was too excited to be afraid for her life. This was just the opportunity she needed, fate she thought, it must be. Chaeyoung may not have given her a number on the last day of the cruise but Lisa was sure she could get it this way. She hadn't spent much time with her on the cruise but the time she did spend with her told her that she was a reasonable person. Surely she saw how good the two of them were together and she would want to help.

As she got out of Bambam's car she could see a brightly coloured sign that matched the bench. Blinks Realty it read in big, bold letters, the best choice for your next home. Lisa wanted to run right through the doors and ask for Chaeyoung's info but decided a more subtle approach would probably work to her advantage in this case.

"Should we pretend to be looking for a house?" Sorn asked very seriously.

Bambam smirked at his wife's idea, "she already knows what we look like; she met us all on the cruise remember?"

"Right."

Sorn had never been the brain of the operation but Lisa loved her all the same. She was always willing to go along with her and Bam's crazy ideas and lend a helping hand. Lisa was sure if it hadn't been for Sorn that Bam would have flown off to Thailand to score films without looking back. She needed him as her business partner though and Sorn was persuasive if nothing else. She had convinced Bambam that staying in Seoul to work with Lisa was the best thing for him so he did.

"We'll just walk in and tell her the truth, you really want to see Chaeyoung again. If she's got even half a heart she'll have to understand that," Bambam reasoned, always thinking life actually works like a romantic comedy.

Easier said than done Lisa thought to herself as she pulled open the glass door. She was nervous for some reason and she couldn't quite figure out why. She wasn't asking for anything more than a chance. All she needed was Chaeyoung's number or better yet her address and she could try and turn the situation around. That week on the cruise had to have meant something to the other woman unless she was just a really good actress and Lisa didn't think that was the case. She was always a skeptical person, but not skeptical enough to think she had been conned.

"Hi," the blonde said sheepishly to the receptionist at Blinks Realty, "I'm Lalisa Manoban and I'm here to see Kim Jisoo."

"Do you have an appointment?" the chipper brunette asked.

"No," Lisa answered honestly, unsure if that would work in her favour.

"Are you here to discuss one of the houses she has on the market?" was the next question out of the perky receptionist's mouth.

"Yes," Sorn lied quickly, not giving Lisa the chance to speak. "We saw a beautiful property she had up for sale last week and we were wondering if it is still available. We were hoping to speak with Ms. Kim about a few details on the interior."

The receptionist sat for a moment staring at that, apparently considering their request.

"Ms. Kim," she said next into what Lisa could only assume was a paging system of some sort.

"Yes," a voice came over the speaker.

"There's a couple here who would like to talk to you about a property. Do you have a moment?"

"Send them in, I've finished up all my paperwork for the day."

The receptionist led them down a narrow hallway to an office at the end of the hall. She knocked twice and waited for a response.

"Come on in."

When Jisoo saw the three of them she was speechless, or at least that's what Lisa figured when she didn't immediately greet them. Lisa, Bambam and Sorn just stood and waited, not sure what they should do as Kim Jisoo stared them down. Lisa was about to leave when the woman finally spoke up.

"I take it you're not actually here to discuss a property?" Jisoo offered, her voice even toned so Lisa was unsure what she was actually thinking about their intrusion.

"No," Lisa answered truthfully, "I'm guessing you know why I'm here."

"Well if I had to take a shot in the dark I'd say you're here about Chaeyoung."

Lisa just nodded

"I can't help you," Jisoo said, almost sadly if Lisa's read on her tone was right.

"Why is that? All I want is her phone number," Lisa pleaded but tried not to sound entirely desperate.

"It's not my place to give out that information. She said she didn't want to see you again."

"Did she mean it though?" Lisa asked in hopes of getting a truthful answer.

"Again, not my place to answer that. Chaeyoung is my best friend and I'm on her side no matter what. If she says she doesn't want to see you I have to support her decision, even if I do think the two of you made a cute pair."

Lisa perked up at her final sentence, it gave her hope that even if she didn't leave today with Chaeyoung's number eventually she might be able to wear her down.

"Can you at least tell her I want to see her again?"

"I can do that," Jisoo said, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips.

"Thank you," Lisa offered, turning to leave the office.

The three friends were silent as they walked out of the office and back through the parking lot to their car. They hadn't gotten the information they came here for and Bambam knew Lisa had to be disappointed. It was another big blow. He was sure coming here would make Lisa feel better but with this result it couldn't possibly have worked.

"That's it," Bambam spoke up finally as he sat in the driver's seat of his car, "you're just going to give up?"

"Not a chance," Lisa responded confidently. "At least now I have a place to start. Chaeyoung can't ignore me forever, not if I won't leave Jisoo alone. Even if Jisoo doesn't tell her about today eventually she'll have to relent. It's not like she can move her office right?"

"I think they call that stalking Lisa," Sorn said with a laugh.

"Stalking in the name of love?" Bambam offered, causing the three of them to crack up on the way back to Lisa's place.

≈≈≈≈≈

It was dark when Jisoo pulled into the parking lot of Chaeyoung's building. She hadn't intended on visiting her friend tonight after work but the day's events had rendered visit necessary. Jisoo knocked on the door twice knowing Chaeyoung wouldn't have left for her night shift yet. She still had a couple hours to go, enough time for Jisoo to give her the lowdown on Lisa's visit to her office.

"Hey," Chaeyoung beamed as she answered the door, always happy to get a visit from her best friend.

"Hey," Jisoo replied, stepping into the apartment.

"What brings you here this evening? We don'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter