สิบสอง

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa paced the waiting room nervously. It had been a rough few week but today was a big day. Chaeyoung's Physiotherapist said she was doing well and she could be back to her full strength and walking all on her own again. Her girlfriend had been in the room for over an hour now and Lisa was just waiting for good news. Chaeyoung had been mostly miserable the whole time with her casts on and anxious for the day she was finally back to, well as normal as could be. Lisa had learned very early on that Chaeyoung was independent and hated having to rely on other people as much as she had to after the accident. Chaeyoung was ready to get back to doing things for herself, and Lisa just wanted her to have whatever she wanted.

She smiled wide when she could finally see Chaeyoung walk out of the Physiotherapist's office. It was the first time in a long time Lisa had seen her with a smile that wasn't threatening to fade away. She was walking unassisted, straight towards Lisa. She threw her arms around the shorter woman and pressed a very wet kiss to her cheek. Chaeyoung was reluctant to let go and that was totally fine by Lisa, she could hold her in her arms forever if she needed it.

"Thank you," Chaeyoung whispered in her ear. "I don't think I could have made it through this without you."

"You would have, but I'm glad I could be here for you anyway. I love you."

Chaeyoung grabbed Lisa's hand and intertwined their fingers. It felt like high school but Lisa was okay with that too. She would be happy to the point of being giddy Chaeyoung over miserable Chaeyoung any day. She lived to see a smile on Chaeyoungas face and she was sure now that she would get to see one there more often.

They walked out of the office and out into the parking lot. Lisa could feel Chaeyoung's hand slip out of hers and she watched in awe. Chaeyoung took off running full speed ahead toward the car. Lisa laughed and jogged over to meet her girlfriend. It was like watching a child experience something for the first time. There was exuberance and innocence about the whole thing and Lisa couldn't help but smile.

Lisa was caught off guard when Chaeyoung grabbed her by the hip and pinned her up against her car. If she had been acting like a child moment earlier, now she was definitely a teenager. Chaeyoung kissed from Lisa's collarbone up her neck. She stopped briefly to admire the stunned look on her girlfriend's face. When her lips finally met Lisa’s, she was hungry. There had been innocent pecks over the last few weeks and the occasional moment of passionate release but this was a good old fashioned make out session. Lisa tried to forget being 17 usually but this brought her back in the best way.

"Wow," Lisa was almost breathless when Chaeyoung finally came up for air.

Chaeyoung sighed contently and ran her fingers through Lisa's hair, her body still pressed up against the other woman.

"You are beautiful Lisa."

"So are you, and hot. Very hot."

Chaeyoung winked, "I think you should tell me more. Later though, I want to get home and see Ella."

"Your wish is my command," Lisa laughed, hopping into the driver's seat.

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

When they reached Chaeyoung's apartment Lisa ran over to Chaeyoung's side to help her out, it had become second nature over the last few weeks. She smiled when Chaeyoung was already standing outside of the car, waiting to take hold of Lisa's hand again. They walked slowly towards the apartment, it almost felt like a new beginning and Lisa was savoring the moment.

Chaeyoung turned her key in the lock and swung the door open. Her jaw dropped when she saw what waited for her inside. There were balloons and streamers and a banner that read "You Made It" hanging from the ceiling of the small apartment. Chaeyoung could see her sister Alice, Jennie and Jisoo and she could hear the pitter-patter of little feet.

As soon as Chaeyoung was over the threshold she bent down and opened her arms so Ella could run into them. She squeezed the little girl tightly and pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

"Hey love," Chaeyoung smiled at Ella. "Mommy's all better."

Ella smiled back and Chaeyoung wiped a small tear from the young girl's cheek. It had been a rough couple of months for her and the relief was written all over her little face. Lisa stepped quietly into the apartment, careful not to disturb the mother/daughter reunion in the doorway. She stood next to Jisoo and Jennie who were both still silent. There was something so perfect about this moment and no one wanted to ruin it.

"I love you," Ella said sweetly, kissing her mother on the cheek.

"I love you too baby."

Chaeyoung scooped her little girl up in her arms, happy to be able to carry her again.

"So," she started, "what were you going to do if it was bad news?"

"We may have had Lisa text Jisoo as soon as your appointment was finished so that we could tear this all down if needed," Jennie explained.

Chaeyoung chuckled, of course they did.

Jisoo cleared and looked to Chaeyoung, "We had to do something to celebrate your recovery. You know how much you mean to me and I don't know what I would do without you. You're my best friend Chaeyoung, don't get hurt again."

Chaeyoung didn't say anything and just walked over to Jisoo and wrapped her one free arm around her shoulder, hugging her tight.

"If you are done with your mushy speeches I think it's time for some champagne," Alice spoke up after a few minutes.

Jennie popped the cork and poured the champagne into the wide variety of glasses Jisoo had managed to scrounge up in Chaeyoung's kitchen. Lisa snorted as she sipped her from a plastic cup adorned with Care Bears and glitter.

"Since we are already drinking champagne I figure now is as good a time as any," Jisoo started her announcement, "Jennie and I are getting married."

Lisa was sure that the squeal that Chaeyoung let out was inhuman. She laughed as Ella put her fingers in her ears and screwed up her face. Lisa could sense what was coming and took Ella from Chaeyoung's arms just before she ran towards Jisoo and pulled her into another tight embrace.

"When did she propose?" Alice asked from across the room.

Jennie could tell that both Chaeyoung and Jisoo were still totally preoccupied as Chaeyoung checked out the ring.

"Last night," she explained, "I had been planning it for a while. I bought the ring just before the accident actually and then everything happened and things weren't right. I knew she needed to be in a good place again before I did it. We were just watching TV last night at home and it felt right. I didn't want to wait another second so I just asked her in the middle of SVU, not the most romantic backdrop but she said yes."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter