สอง

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: An update as promised. I do hope you'll enjoy this. As always, your comments and feedbacks are much appreciated.

 

Lisa rubbed the sleep from her eyes as the bright sun shone through the tiny window of her room on the ship. She blinked a few times looking around the room curiously. It is always odd to wake up somewhere other than your own room, even if you know in advance that you are going to wake up there. The blonde was surprised by how quiet it was and how peaceful her sleep had been. She figured on a ship this large and with so many people that she would hear something that would disturb her in the night. The only sound Lisa could hear now though was the deep breathing of someone still asleep. She watched quietly, smiling softly at the sight. Contrary to what Bambam may believe it wasn't often that Lisa woke up next to another person in bed. In fact Lisa couldn't remember the last time she woke up next to someone else. She played with the strands of hair blocking her view and glanced over at the alarm clock. It was then that there was movement from the other side of the small bed.

"Good morning beautiful," Lisa said, loud enough for the other woman to hear but not too loud as to startle her.

Chaeyoung blinked, the bright light from the window now shining directly in her eyes.

"Good morning indeed," chaeyoung agreed, her smile growing wider as she caught the other woman's gaze.

"I take it you slept well?" Lisa smirked knowingly. Chaeyoung was fast asleep before Lisa had finished wishing her a good night.

Chaeyoung just made an approving noise and continued to smile. She had slept well but that wasn't what had her so gleeful on this particular morning.

"I was thinking that it's a good morning because it was such a good night and I'm still here with you."

Lisa couldn't help but smile, as long as it had been since she woke up next to another person in bed it had been longer since someone was happy that she was still there in the morning.

The blonde nodded in agreement, adding, "we are on the same page then."

The two women had spent the night drinking and dancing, laughing and talking among other things into the wee hours of the morning. Chaeyoung felt at ease talking to Lisa. They could talk about anything and Chaeyoung never got bored. She distinctly recalled a conversation last night about the pros and cons of folding your pizza before eating it. Chaeyoung found the idea abhorrent and always ate the crust first but Lisa was just as passionate about her viewpoint. She had argued that folding the pizza made it more like a sandwich and who doesn't love a sandwich; Chaeyoung couldn't argue with that.

Lisa reached a hand out to brush the brown locks out of Chaeyoung's eyes, sneaking a peck on the lips after her work was done. They laid there for a few more minutes in silence, just soaking in the sun and each other's company. As much as Chaeyoung enjoyed talking to Lisa she was also content just to lay with her. The silence was comfortable rather than awkward; like they could lay there forever if they never had reason to move and everything would be okay.

"So," Chaeyoung finally spoke up, "what do you want to do today?"

"Eat breakfast?" Lisa offered, smiling adorably.

"We can start with that," Chaeyoung agreed, "after that though? I know this ship has tons of things to do."

"How about we talk about it over breakfast?" the blonde suggested, stealing another quick kiss.

Chaeyoung just nodded leaning over to steal a kiss of her own or three.

≈≈≈≈≈

The walk along the deck to the breakfast buffet was lovely. It was a beautiful day, the sun shining, the birds were singing and it was every bit the fairytale morning. Chaeyoung felt like a teenager walking alongside Lisa. Her hand dangled awkwardly next to her body, fingers gently grazing the blonde's also dangling hand. They went along for a few minutes like this before Lisa finally took the initiative to link their fingers together. Holding hands felt comfortable albeit strange. They walked this way in comfortable silence the rest of the way to the restaurant.

When they arrived Lisa could see the perky short brunette that Chaeyoung had said was her friend waving at them from a table. The table was set for 5; this impressed Lisa as Chaeyoung could have only had a few minutes with the woman to mention that she was on the cruise with two friends.

"You can text your friends and tell them to meet us for breakfast, I told the waiter it was for 5."

"Thanks, I'll text Bambam now," Lisa said, releasing Chaeyoung's hand to get her phone out.

As Lisa looked down at her phone Chaeyoung took a seat in the chair next to Jisoo. She knew her friend was just dying to ask her about last night but was holding back. Chaeyoung watched as Lisa finished her text and moved on to checking something else on her phone. When she was sure that Lisa was engrossed in whatever she was looking at, Chaeyoung leaned over to whisper in her friend's ear.

"It was amazing." 

Jisoo just smiled. Normally she would be more judgmental about her friend ditching her to go off and sleep with a random person she just met but she was holding back this time. She knew as well as anyone that Chaeyoung needed this vacation and needed to have a good time. If that meant enjoying the company of a stranger for a few days than Jisoo could bite her tongue and see how it played out. After all she had begged Chaeyoung to take her up on her offer and it was a birthday present for her bestfriend.

"I'm glad," Jisoo said aloud, smiling at her friend again.

As they waited for Bambam and Sorn to arrive the three women made small talk. Jisoo was a pro at small talk. She told Lisa all about her job and asked the blonde about what she did. Chaeyoung already knew that Lisa and Bambam were business partners but she had no idea how large their company actually was. From the way Lisa told it Chaeyoung thought they sounded like tycoons and she was sure the woman wasn't just exaggerating for Jisoo's sake. The blonde struck her as a very genuine person, not one to bull for appearances.

When her friends finally arrived Lisa introduced them to her new acquaintances.

"This is Bambam, my closest friend and confidant and also the aforementioned business partner and this is his wife Sorn who you may have seen on FTV Korea if you've ever watched it."

Jisoo nodded, smiling; she had never actually watched that Network but she figured she could at least pretend to vaguely recognize the woman.

"Nice to meet you," Chaeyoung said swee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter