Everything Will Be Okay

A Whole New World (PAUSED)

 

ONEW’S POV:
 

Hmmm, I was so warm…. It was like toasty-warm. I snuggled deeper into the sheets. 

Sheets?!

I leapt up, as the sheets fluttered around me. Where was I? I was in… a white room? I looked down at myself. I was wearing a ed white shirt and loose pants. When on earth did I get dressed into these??

I looked around, puzzled. The room was empty, except for a door on the far wall and the bed, which seemed to be made of glass. I didn’t know glass was so comfortable! I blinked at my blinding, yet blank, surroundings. Had it all been a dream? A nightmare? Or… had we been rescued?

A familiar aroma wafered past my nose. I breathed in deeply; my heart began to beat wildly. Could it be? I stared at the door, where the smell was emanating from. It seemed to call to me. It… it couldn’t be!

I leapt out of the bed, feeling somewhat light and weightless. I leapt into the air a little. I gasped as I hovered slightly for a millisecond, before gracefully landing on the ground. What fun!! I bounced over to the door, landing delicately and making various ballerina poses. There was no one but me here. No one to stare at me and think I’m weird!

As I settled softly on the floor in front of the door I took another deep breath. It was stronger! I grabbed the door handle and pulled. The door gleamed as it swung back, it too made of glass. Was I in… in a UFO??? Had we been abducted?

Suddenly I saw them. There were so many, all different…

I walked over to one of the many glass tables and reached out to one of them. I grab it and looked at it curiously. It’s skin was a dark golden and it was warm. Suddenly there was a magnetic force and I could feel my hand being pulled towards my mouth. Like a heavy metal door my mouth clashed shut, ripping a bite of flesh and skin. A warm taste filled my mouth and I swallowed. I turned to face the rest…

Steam rose slowly off the plateful of chicken… tempting me for another taste.

On every table in sight there was plates. And on every plate there was piles of CHICKEN!!!! Not only fried chicken either. There was honey-chicken, crumbed, battered, spicy, barbequed and other types that looked equally as delicious! There was also tables full of chicken pie, chicken sandwiches, chicken soup, chicken stir-fry (complete with noodles), chicken nuggets, chicken pizza, chicken with fried rice…. It was EVERYWHERE!!!

I swung my head back and began to cackle like a maniac. They were MINE! They were under my control!! I looked back at the marvellous sight, just calling to be to eat it all! I swallowed my saliva, stopping me from drooling…

I will accept that challenge! I will eat it all!

I grabbed a plate of fried chicken and began to rip into it’s delectable flesh. I felt the warm sensation of the taste of chicken trickle down my throat as I devoured the contents of the plate.

Chicken was delicious! Chicken was unbeatable! Chicken was my LIFE! Okay, so that’s a little creepy, but if there was no chicken there would be no Onew! Let’s keep it like that okay?

As I finished the plate I wiped my mouth neatly on a random white napkin in front of me. MUST. EAT. MORE!

I picked up another plate eyeing the tower of spicy chicken. As I put it down in front of me I began to sing to Xiah Junsu’s “You Are So Beautiful”.

Suddenly I stiffened in mid-bite. No… No it couldn’t be! I opened my eyes wide at the realisation, how come I didn’t think of it before? I closed my eyes tightly and moaned.

I. Was. In. A. Dream!

I then shrugged and took a huge bite. Oh well, as long I was here, I should enjoy myself. Who knows when I’d have this dream again! And so I busied myself into eating for the next few hours.

~~~

It was halfway through trying some of the chicken-stir fry that I heard a distant roaring. It wasn’t like a lion roaring, it was more of a “whooshing” and it never seemed to fade. Instead it only grew louder.

NO!

I stared at the food –all the uneaten chicken- vanishing before my eyes! I began to yell! NO, NOT NOW! But I couldn’t stop it! My dream slowly fell apart as I stood there. Anytime now I’ll wake up… Anytime now…

~~~

I sighed. What a GREAT dream!! Sunlight blared into my eyes as I tried to open them. Wh-what was sunlight doing in our cabin? Did Key get up early and opened the blinds? I'll get him for this! Just as soon as I…

 

Wait! What on earth?!?? S-sand! In my BED??? And why was I so wet? Did Key pour water on me for a "joke"??? No, he wouldn’t do that to his hyung alone. I could sense Jonghyun’s genius here! I struggled to open my eyes.

 

Wait!!!!

 

Th-this isn't our cabin!! Our cabin doesn't have trees and sand and *gulp*….

 

WHERE AM I????

I stared at my surroundings. I was lying on soggy golden sand. I could feel sand all over me every time I moved. It was in my hair, my clothes, my face and in my mouth! I gagged and pulled myself up. My wet clothes felt heavy and just plain yucky to wear. I took off my shirt and threw it to the sand with a squelch as I tried to spit out the sand.

There was a small moan behind me. I leapt around, startled. Minho was stirring slightly, before collapsing into sleep again. An unturned white table lay in the sand near me, half buried. I raised my eyes up the small beach, picking out the others, all limp and wet. I ran to see if they were all right. Each one was sprawled out, like a puppet that had been dropped onto the floor. They were all breathing, but asleep. I even got the courage to check the girl. She was alive too.

Taemin looked so small and pale… actually he always looked small and pale! He was like a small white deer… I stared at him curiously. Huh… Minho was often referred to a deer as well, due to his calm nature and his huge, dark eyes.

I wandered over to Key and Jonghyun, who lay almost sideby-side. They were covered with sand too, and Key’s hair was a mess. Kekeke, he would not be happy when he awoke. I was about to walk away when an evil, mischievous idea occurred to me. I bent over the two and slowly arranged their hands, so that they were clasped in each others. Aww how sweet! I sniggered as I walked away.

I felt so relaxed…

I faced out to sea, remembering what had happened. I remembered when I had grabbed onto the girl before the wave. She was unconscious and heavy, but I had held her head up, until I saw Jonghyun and Key, but then Key had fainted and then Minho and Taemin came…

I stood there in the morning sun, remembering yesterday. It didn’t seem real at all. That shark, or really “those” sharks, no longer scared me. I no longer had that terrified feeling. It was just a distant memory.

I looked at my surrounding, taking in everything. The sun, slowing rising into the morning sky, spread its glowing beams onto a few fluffy clouds hanging over in the distant, harmless and white. I ran my eyes up and down the beach, which ran into a steep cliff one side and then a jungle the other. The water was warm, as it crashed softly around my legs. Due to the blinding sunlight reflected on the surface I could barely look at it without my eyes stinging.

Directly behind me, off the beach, thin, green-brown grass grew, while thin, tall (and I mean TALL) palm trees blew slowly in the breeze. The trunks were almost white, bleached by the salty air and spray? Large bulges could be seen, almost hidden underneath it’s thick leaves. Coconuts? My tummy groaned.

I turned my attention back to the cliff. It wasn’t a huge mountain cliff, but it was steep enough to be called one. It seemed to be a sheer 30-meter drop onto the beach. I could barely see beyond that, but a few more rocks could be seem rising over the cliff’s top. Only a few green vines had attempted to scale the rock. I breathed in the salty air deeply. I felt strangely calm. Maybe it had been my dream that made me so calm?

Somehow I felt that everything would be all right. We were alive weren’t we? And so a search party would be out looking for us and we would be found before night-time, most likely. Then we’d go home and eat chicken!

I nodded firmly to myself, That is what will happen! Oh, except she won’t be there, I glanced back at the girl. She’d go back to her own… strange, rude life. Boy, there’s be a scandal over this! We’d become more popular throughout the world! Everyone loved a good survival story right?

I sat down in the sand. I could wait for the others to wake up. I closed my eyes, feeling the warmth of the sun drying my skin and my hair. Ahh, how nice! Now if only there was chicken…

 

 

Sorry, if you got creeped out by his obsession! ^^
Hmm, Onew is so calm and relaxed eh? How will the others react when they wake up? 
Okay, I don't want to spoil anything so I'll shut up now!


Also:
A special THANK YOU to all new subscribers and to all lurking viewers! :D 
When I see the views going up I feel so happy! I just hope you are all enjoying this fic so far! ^^