Finding the Gate ~

A Whole New World (PAUSED)

 

TAEMIN POV:

“Sea-Banner Cruise departing in 5 minutes. All passengers please make your way to the gates immediately.”

I jumped at the announcement of our cruise; Sea-banner wasn’t it? My hyungs barely glanced at my sudden movement, since they were too busy running to the gate. I gripped onto the handle of my suitcase and hurried at a faster pace after them. It wasn’t often we were late for a departure.

Sea-Phantom Cruise now departing in 5 minutes. All passengers please make your way to the gates immediately.” The loudspeaker boomed overhead.

I rolled my eyes. Did ALL cruises have to have the word “Sea” or “Spray” in their names? It was so confusing for him to try remembering all their names, since they sounded so similar. But Sea Phantom sounded way cooler! Maybe it had a ghost onboard or- I shook my head!

‘Lee Taemin, this is no time for daydreaming’ I told myself sharply. As I caught up with my hyungs, there were sudden screams of joy.

OMO!! IT’S SHINEE!! WAHHHHHH!!! TAEMIN OPPA LOOKIE HERE!KEYKEYKEY!!!JONGHYUNIEEEE!!! MINHOMYHANDSOMEHUBBY!!!WAAHHHHHH!!!!!LEEJINKI!!! ONEW I MAKE GOOD CHICKEN COME LIVE WITH MEEEE!!! OMOMOMO!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHSHINEESHINEESHINEE!!!!” and so on~

I groaned inwardly, knowing in just a few seconds we would be swamped with fan girls and boys. I glanced at them as they hungrily began to advance, with their phones and cameras ready. Aish, if there was one this I didn’t like it was paparazzi!

 I hurried over to Jonghyun and Onew, who were looking for the gates to our cruise, but they just looked confused at all the people rushing by and the others who were slowly advancing. Key and Minho were arguing about something. I looked around quickly. Where was Manager?? He said that he would be only a minute. Maybe he was already on the cruise? I giggled with excitement; I had never been on a cruise before!

I smiled at the thought. After working so hard for so long, we were having a few weeks off on a cruise together. There would be food, spas, massages, food, gym, dancing, food, ice cream, shopping, did I mention the food? Onew and I had thoroughly researched the menu the night before. Onew, because he wanted to make sure there would be chicken (Aish… that maniac hyung) and me because… well I like to look up food!

Suddenly and without warning, pain interrupting my thoughts. There was the thumping of a heavy object crashing back onto the floor after it had run me over. I grabbed my foot and glared at a young girl, well actually she was probably older than me, who was pushing through the hyungs. Her suitcase and bags were bulging and I’m pretty my foot is crushed because of them. Oww…

 

 

PARK BO MI’S POV:

Aish, why am I so late? Pfft, I knew why, it was that stupid crowd blocking the whole seaport to see some idols or whatnot. I shoved my way through them. There was no way that I would miss out on my cruise. If I did I would… I would… hmmm; I’d probably have a tantrum right here.

I glanced at my ticket to freedom. Twelve long months of studying and working my off at my job and now I could finally be free! No more parents bossing me around to study more and to be the “perfect” child. Ha, me perfect? That’s a laugh!

Sea-Phantom Cruise now departing in 5 minutes. All passengers please make your way to the gates immediately.” The announcement made me quicken my pace. What a strange name for my cruise ship… The Sea-Phantom. But it was highly recommended and had all 5 stars. I was lucky enough to even get a ticket so late in the season.

Uh-oh, another crowd. Yup definitely fans, mostly girls, spazzing about someone. I glanced at my watch, aww geez I hadn’t much time. I began to jog towards my gate, but there were a bunch of tall guys in the way. The suitcase I was dragging behind me bumped over something and there was a yelp.

I turned my head to a young boy with blonde hair glaring at me, holding his foot in the most ridiculous manner. Ha, serves you right. DON’T get in my way when I’m late! I hurried on, but there were other guys in front of me, all of them tall.

“YAH! Out of my way, I got to get to my cruise!” as I shoved them out of the way. I immediately regretted what I said; I was never as impolite as this. But I was stressed and anyways, it’s not like I’ll see these strangers again right?

I could feel their venomous glares piercing into my back, but I shrugged it off. Yeah, I won’t see them again. It’s not like they’ll stalk me to seek revenge or anything. I saw the gate for my cruise and began to run to it. I looked at the person behind the desk and she smiled. Good I hadn’t missed it.

I pretty much shoved my passport and ticket towards her, but she smiled at me politely as she stamped and scanned my ticket. I tried to calm my rushing heart and my gasps for breath.

“Don’t worry about the announcements. They always wait an extra ten minutes for late passengers. They only do it to scare them and make them hurry up.” She chuckled to herself, probably because I looked a mess after bashing my way through a sea of people. “Here you go. Have a nice trip! Nex- OH MY!!”

I glanced behind me. Aww gosh, it was those dudes I ran into! Hmm, well it’s not like I’ll run into them easily on the cruise. After all it is pretty big... I shook my head. ‘Calm down, Bo Mi’ I told myself, ‘You are here to relax and have a good time. Don’t let anything bother you.’

I took another deep breath and began walked.
 

 

ONEW POV:

 I had a bad feeling about this. About the cruise. I didn’t really want to go. Only for the chicken and my friend’s so-called “puppy eyes” I can’t resist. Ah they have good control of their oldest hyung, bossing him around so. *Inner sob*

I would love to go on a cruise, really, just not if it was in water… really deep, ever-rocking-back-and-forth water. Hopefully the cruise would go really fast and it would be over before I got seasick. I frowned, wait if a cruise wasn’t cruising along, but hurrying, then wouldn’t it be called a rush? I smiled; I should share my new corny, nonsense joke with the others, but later.

We were late for our cruise. I stopped next to Jonghyun, and peered out into the swarm of people hurrying this way and that. There were so many gates, but which one was for our cruise? There were yells and cries behind us from fans. I turned to face them and waved at them, I started to smile when they shrieked from my simple action. Fans are so easy to please; just your presence makes it enough for them to faint.

“Our cruise is called the Sea-banner, Key.” Minho’s deep voice sounded annoyed.

“No it isn’t. It’s the Sea-Phantom, I heard it on the announcement then!” Key’s whiny voice replied, “Or is it the Spray-Queen? Or the Ocean-Flower? AHHH WHY DO THEY HAVE SIMILAR NAMES AND ALL LEAVING AT THE SAME TIME???”

“STOP IT, Key! You’re confusing me!” Minho held up his hands in frustration. Wow, Minho was hardly known to become annoyed. Was it because we were extremely late and Manager was nowhere to be seen? Ah, that’s right! Manager left us to go “refresh” himself and asked us to wait here. When Key heard the announcement he took off, while we had to run after him. Poor Key, he really is an anxious umma.

BUMP!! There was a small cry from Taemin behind me. I turn towards him and saw an evil, scary looking girl storming towards us. She muttered something incomprehensible under her breath and shoved us to the side, telling us to get out of the way. Yikes! What a scary girl! She was kinda cute in a way… but so evil

Suddenly Key was on her tail. Oh, she must be late for a cruise too! Our cruise! It was the Sea-Banner wasn’t it? I looked at the desk she went to, the sign behind it said “Sea I-“; the rest of the writing was hidden behind the noona at the desk. Hmm, yup! The rest of that sign would probably spell Sea-Banner, right?

We all bunched up after the girl. I hope we don’t bump into her on the cruise! My stomach rumbled and I patted it gently. ‘Calm down, tummy, we’ll have lunch as soon as we set *gulp* sail.’

“OH MY!”

The assistant behind the desk gaped at us as we all handed her our tickets and passports. Haha, she was another noona fan. Her hand shook slightly as she stamped our passports, but when she scanned our tickets she frowned and typed something on the computer in front of us. She scanned them again. She shook her head and then looked as us. She suddenly smiled and began to gush out many words at once, it was hard to understand, but amusing, “Umsorrybut… there’s abitofa problem with your t-tickets” she gulped, then she handed the tickets back to us, “But go right ahead. I’ll fix up whatever misshape it w-was. Have a nice trip, S-SHINee!”

She smiled shyly as us and we all thanked her. I bowed to her and when I began to follow the others into the gate towards the cruise, I could see her holding her cheeks and blushing. Haha, so easy to please.

 

 

Aish, I hope the first chapter wasn’t too short! D: I tried my best to introduce Park Bo Mi as much as I could, but I guess we’ll find out more about her personality as the story goes on!

I am sorry for any mistakes I made that I didn't notice!! This is my first story-writing in like, a year or more? It’s also my first fanfic so I hope you’ll like it!! I will try to improve my writing skills as time - and the story -  moves on.

Thank you for reading! ^^