Confusion and Fear

A Whole New World (PAUSED)

 

 

BO MI’s POV:
 

Within seconds, all their faces paled. Ha! Wait. These were the same guys that I bumped into at the port! I thought they looked familiar…

Wait! They said they were SHINee? I paused. They were that famous Korean boy-group thingy. I had heard of their name and some of their songs, thanks to my K-Pop-obsessed friends, but I had never actually seen what they look like. Now that I thought about it, maybe I had seen them on magazine covers recently? I shrugged, oh well, just because they are idols, does not mean they are allowed to fall and crush me and then demand that my cabin is theirs.

Did they really “accidently” get on the wrong cruise? I thought idols were really organised and wouldn’t make mistakes like this.

The thin one, with feline-like eyes stared at me like I was a monster or something, before closing his gaping mouth and tried to speak, but he ended up coughing and wheezing, still in shock. The shortest guy who was beside him, began to pat him on the back. I could see that he, too, was trying to take in the news.

The tall one at the back suddenly grabbed his pocket and began to dial a number on his phone. The others turned to him, one, who looked a little pale, crossed his fingers.

“Yeobseo? Manager, is that you?” The deep voice startled me and I realised that they were still in my cabin. They were also squashing some of my clothing and taking up most of the room. I frowned and began to pushed one of them out of the door.

“Yah! D-don’t touch me!”

I stopped and looked up at what seemed to be the youngest. Boy, he was thinner and paler than most of the girls at my school! He stared at me, his eyes were frightened and he seemed rather taken back at me touching him. Doesn’t he like girls touching him? What kind of fear is that?

“Please, then, just step out into the hallway! I want to finish unpacking!” I felt cruel, as if I was throwing a box of small kittens into the pouring rain. But I had saved up for this trip for ages and, even if my friends did ditch at the last moment, I wanted to enjoy myself. And these… SHINee guys weren’t helping!

I sighed with relief as I closed the door, while they crowded into the hall, speaking to their Manager about a “mix-up”? Hmm…

I looked around my cabin and at the five other bunks… no, NO WAY would they stay here in my cabin! They must have spare, empty cabins somewhere on the cruise! I leaned back on the door, thunder rumbled distantly.

It’s their entire fault; they had ruined my cruise even before they had stepped on it. It was because of them that my friends had ditched and left me. No one else had accepted me for who I was at school, and I wanted to make it up for them. I wanted to have a holiday on a cruise and that we would have fun and that… that… I struggled to think of a good excuse. They were my friends right? Sure they never invited me to parties and such, but they were only looking out for me right? I shook my head from the crazy thoughts.

“What are we going to do, hyung? What to they do to stowaways? Throw them overboard??” The soft voice of the scared SHINee member reached my ears.

Oh boy… they have no idea what to do without their Manager in a crisis! The sooner they get off this boat, the better my life will be.

 

TAEMIN’s POV:

Minho snapped his phone shut, his eyes furrowed in, what seemed like, pain, “Aigoo, Manager has no reception so I could barely make out what he was saying! I told him where we were though, but then we were cut off.”

Key groaned and held his head in his hands. He never seemed to deal with stress very well. Jonghyun-hyung was still patting his back after his cough attack in… that cabin. I shivered at the thought of that girl touching me. I don’t know why, but when a girl touches me it makes me feel… funny.

“What are we going to do then?” Key whined, “We are stowaways on a cruise now!”

I gasped. S-stowaways? Didn’t stowaways used to be tossed overboard or made to scrub the deck everyday? Did they still do that? I swallowed, realising the gravity of the situation again.

I clung onto Minho, my voice shook slightly as I began to talk, “What are we going to do, hyung? What to they do to stowaways? Throw them overboard?? Will we get thrown overboard?”

Minho smiled as I blurted out my thoughts. Why was he smiling? Didn’t he know what they could do to us?

“Don’t be silly, Taemin-ah. Of course they won’t do that! But…” his eyes turned thoughtful, “But what would they do to us when they find out?”

“No! Not ‘when they find out’! It’s ‘if they find out’! We could, um, hide in the lifeboats, like those English movies, and sneak out at night to eat leftover chicke-“

I turned away from the gabbling Onew-hyung. He made no sense. He never really made sense actually. But I guess that’s why he can always make us smile or laugh somehow. But right now I was filled with worry. What was going to happen to us?

The door to the cabin opened, and the girl walked out. I stepped away from her, she was such a cruel, mean girl! How dare she push us out of her cabin into the hallway, especially while we were trying to take in what she had told us. How dare she touch me! A girl touching Lee Taemin without his permission is a big No-No!

I was the only one to have seemed to notice her walk out from the cabin. She frowned and swallowed, as if it was difficult to talk.

“Um…” the rest of the SHINee members noticed her and frowned at her. The thought of “Rude, cruel girl” and “Beware” ran through my mind, and no doubt their's as well.

“Listen, you should go sought this out with the, uh, Captain. He would hel-“

She was cut off as Key, suddenly recovered, jumped in front of her “The Captain? Talk to him? What, so we can get thrown into the brig? It’s all YOUR fault! If you had of said what cruise you were going on we wouldn’t be here!”

She stared at Key, astonished. She shook her head and shoved back her long hair furiously.

“W-what are you TALKING about? You didn’t ask me what cruise I was going on! And there was a sign behind the gates’ desk, which said the name of this cruise! And what are you talking about being thrown into the brig? What century do you think this is?”, the girl paused and glared at Key-hyung. I heard Onew shuffle his feet awkwardly behind me. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly, looking back up at us.

“The worst you would get is a warning or something, since you’re idols and it’s a simple mistake to get on the wrong cruise! Most likely he’ll get you a helicopter to come and take you back to Seoul so you can go home! Simple?”

…… wait what?! Home?! A chance to get off this ship?!!

~~~

The captain was… young. I hadn’t expected him to be so young and clean. You know in shows and movies the captain is always old and grizzly and sea-bitten? Yeah, well that’s what I was expecting. Not young, clean-shaven and… extremely short. Did I mention he was American?

“Why hello there. I hope you are enjoying your cruise” as he closed the door to his personal room his tone changed to annoyance and he glared at us, “and there better be a good explanation for disturbing my afternoon nap!”

It took a while for me to understand what he said. He spoke English way too fast for me to translate. But Key was already talking; his English tinged with the slight accent that made fan-girls squeal.

“We are so sorry for disturbing you, sir, but we have a problem. It’s not little.”

The captain leaned back in his chair and raised his eyebrows. His nametag had the words “Captain John Gibson” in large bold letters. Wow, Americans have some funny names. I always found it slightly weird that they introduced their own name first, followed by their family name… but it was pretty cool too I guess.

“Well, sir, we seem to have been put onto the wrong cruise and we need to get back right away!”

Captain John sat up sharply and scoffed “Really? You think that “confessing” to be on the wrong cruise will make us let you off easier? And even if you were telling the truth, do you think that we would turn the whole cruise around just so we can “drop you off”? Uh-uh, I don’t think so!”

“Wait!” Minho held his hands up, pausing the captain from calling in security, “It is an accident! We are SHINee!”

Key continued, his mouth spluttered out the words “We got on the wrong cruise by accident! Couldn’t you just let us get a helicopter back?”

The captain sat back, “Hmmm, SHINee eh? Ha, you’re the guys that my little sister is going crazy over, back in New York.” He sat thoughtful in his chair and then stood up slowly shaking his head “I’m sorry, guys. I’m sure that something went wrong in the system and that you did get on here by mistake, but… But there is bad weather ahead and a helicopter landing here would be impossible. But I'm sure we'll work something out...”

He put his hand under his desk, causing something to click. I looked at Jonghyun beside me, he was pale and, like me, had no idea what was going on. I hadn’t even understood half of what he had said. Only the words: SHINee, sister, New York, wrong, bad, helicopter and impossible made sense to be, the rest had been to fast for my ears to catch. I should really get more lessons when I get back.

The whole roomed suddenly went dark and large drops of rain began to hit the small window on the far wall. The ocean had grown dark.

Onew leaned over to us, probably trying to tell us what he had said, but suddenly the door opened and security guards walked in, glaring at us. Key stepped slowly back from the desk, his knuckles white from holding onto the handle of his bag. Something was wrong, but what frustrated me was I had no clue. I followed Key and gripped my luggage tightly.

Meanwhile the captain was still talking, his tone growing darker after each word he spoke, “I’m sure that there’ll be a happily ever after and we’ll all dance into the sunset. Now listen to ME! I don’t give a damn that you’re some famous Chinese-asiany idols, what I care about is my record of keeping a tidy ship! And you guys are going to stain a large patch into my record! Guards, take them to the security-cells! They'll stay there until we get to our next stop.”

He turned to the guards and motioned them towards us. I felt the wall of the cabin behind me as they began to advance towards us. WHAT. WAS. HAPPENING??

~~~

I’m not sure what happened first. Me slipping out of the firm grip of the guards, or Key furiously kicking the guard’s shin, after we had gotten onto the deck. Either way, we had escaped and were bolting across the deck together, abandoning the others. Well, we don’t exactly have superpowers to knock out all the guards, but we both had the cunning –and thin wrists- to slip out and distract the guards for a second or two.

I raced after Key, leaving my luggage behind on the wet deck. Other passengers leapt out of our way, staring after the three security guards and us. I felt like a criminal or a secret agent in a movie. Boy, I wish there was epic music playing right now!

A strong wind began to blow and it started to rain.

“Dear passengers, please make your way inside immediately. There is some violent weather approaching.” An announcement boomed by my ear as I leapt passed a large speaker. OWWWW, my ears! I held my hands to my ringing ears when suddenly:

BOOOMPH!!

“YAH!!!! What the HELL do you think you did that for???”I looked down into the furious eyes of that girl in the cabin. Her milkshake had spilt all over her face, hair and clothing, and her umbrella could be seen flying off the deck into the swirling wind. Her eyes grew large and grew dark with rage as she reached for my throat.

That was my cue! I leapt up and bolted. I could hear her thumping after me. YIKES! She was catching up!! Forgot about the guards! The real danger was HER! I could hear her yelling out such bad words and cursing me. That’s one CRAZY chick!!

There was a small cry and I glanced back. She had slipped and was sitting on the ground holding her head. I slowed down for a moment, my gentleman-side of me wanted to help her up. But then she glared out from her soaking wet hair and yelled.

“I’LL GET YOU!”

Forget being a gentleman! I ran on. Key had run from my view and the guards seemed to have disappeared. Maybe they had gone inside? I shook my hair from my eyes and peered ahead for any sign of life. There was a flash of a green jacket. Key’s green jacket! I ran after him, I felt tired though. I wanted to stop; maybe the guards would let us take a shower and go to bed! I’ll just go stop Key from running first!

PHWOOMPH!

 OMO! That was a table that just flew by my ear! There’s another! And another!!

I dodged the twirling bulks of plastic and jumped around the corner after the disappearing hyung. The deck was slippery and the waves had grown into dark mountains of water. My body began to shake from fear. I was terrified. I needed to find the others and then get inside. Inside would be safe!

Suddenly I saw the others. They were over near the rail, Onew looking green and gripping the rail, while Minho was tugging at him to let go. I bolted towards them, when something caught my eye. The guards were rushing towards them, yelling something I didn’t understand at that moment, “Inside! Inside! GO INSIDE NOW!”

There was a blast of cold water and I fell on my back. Sitting up, I saw the rest of the wave that had attacked me was slipping off the deck. My whole body screamed at me to get inside right away! I scrambled up and saw the others making their way slowly towards a door. I dragged myself towards them, trying not to fall to the rocking floor.

As I reached them there was a scream of rage and something flew at me.

BOOOMPH!

I flew across the wet deck and into the rest of the members. There was screaming and yelling, while the wind howled. I opened my eyes, only to see a dark wall of water tower over the cruise. There was a loud crack and a flash of bright light. Then darkness. My head hurt and I felt so tired. I wanted to sleep, but I felt so cold…

Sorry for not updating!  I was distracted by school and work and assignments! ;A;
I hope that you'll enjoy this chapter too! ^^ Hopefully it didn't bore you too much! D:
Any comments and/or advice would really help on future chapters and stories and would be MUCH appreciated! :)
~ Thank you ~