Overboard

A Whole New World (PAUSED)


 

MINHO’s POV:

One moment all five of us and that *shiver* girl were on the deck, looking up at a rising mountain of black ocean -complete with frothy white foam at it’s peaks- and then suddenly there was a huge crash and water pounded into my face and body, ripping me off the deck into the violent sea below.

It was freezing.

I was flung back and forth by the sheer power of the wave. I felt myself beginning to blank out, but I began to kick towards, what I hoped to be, the surface. As I broke through the surface, I could feel myself being pushed up over another monstrous wave. It seemed to almost be night-time, instead of mid-afternoon…

Wait… WHERE WERE THE OTHERS???

I doggie-paddled slowly to keep myself afloat as I tried to peer through the blinding rain. Something touched my shoulder. I spun around and saw the tip of a shoe; with purple and blue steaks down it’s sides. It looked familiar… TAEMIN!

I took a deep breath and dived down into the murky water. I could barely see anything in beyond my outstretched hands. Perhaps he was at the surface?

I was about to swim back up to check when some cold slid up my cheek. Bubbles. Taemin, or one of the others, was down there! Sinking! Drowning!! I refused the urge to resurface and pulled myself down deeper into the sea. It was colder here…

Suddenly my hands touched something else. I grabbed onto the sleeve of a t-shirt and pulled up the limp figure. It was Taemin. No, not Taemin! Taemin can’t die!!! He was so youn-

My lungs began to burn. Air. I needed air! I began to drag the body after me and I rose to the surface. I was too slow! I ripped off my heavy jacket and shirt and glided up to breath. Without them, the water had turn icy, but at least I could float easier.

Almost there… but the surface seemed to be pulling away from me!

My eyesight blurred and red sparks appeared before me. No not yet! Not when I was so close!

PHWOOSHHH!!!

The wave above me sunk down as I leapt up to the surface. Air rushed into my lungs. I coughed and choked and spat out the rain that fell into my mouth. The air was so good…

TAEMIN!

I dragged his head next mine, almost causing me to sink beneath his weight. Boy, he was heavy in water. I held him close to me, praying for him to be alive. His small body was warm and I could feel his heart beating frantically. I felt like crying! He was okay!

“Taemin!! MINHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! TAEMINNHHOOOO!!!” A voice yelled not too far away…

It was Jonghyun! Eagerly I paddled over towards his faint voice. As I rose over another wave I saw him, and three others, holding onto something large and white. As I swam closer I recognised it as a plastic table. As I reached it I felt my strength beginning to drain. Why? WHY WAS THIS HAPPENING TO US?!

Suddenly someone took Taemin’s unconscious body from my grip, and I pulled myself towards the edge of the table, where I breathed and tried to get a grip. We. Were. IN THE MIDDLE OF A FREAKING STORM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKING OCEAN!!!!! THE SHIP HADN’T STOPPED AND WE WERE ALONE!!! WHY DIDN’T THE BLOODY SHIP TRY TO RESCUE US??? WHY DIDN-

“Minho! Snap out of it!” my cheek began to sting from the hard slap of Jonghyun.

I shook my head. I looked into Onew and Jonghyun’s terrified eyes.

“Yah, help us get Key and Taemin on the table, next to that psycho!”

The “Psycho” lay unconscious on the table, while the other two was holding up Key and Taemin’s heads. I grabbed Taemin’s thin body and tried to lift him, but I ended up underwater as he half-laid on the table.

I felt furious! I felt weak! I couldn’t be weak! Not now! The ocean can’t win! The ocean can’t defeat US!! Suddenly Taemin slid onto the table above me and I surfaced once more. Key was next.

This time, while Onew rested by holding onto the edge of the table, Jonghyun helped me lift Key awkwardly onto the table next to Taemin. When we had done that Jonghyun swam to the other side of the table, so as the “Psycho” and the other two didn’t roll off. I stayed with Onew, lying half on the table beside him. He looked pale and weak. Taemin’s white face was turned to me, the rain dripping non-stop off his cheek and nose… so young…

I’m sorry Taemin.’

I felt so tired… my muscles throbbed. I hated the feeling of being so weak against the powerful ocean. It could destroy us at anytime and we wouldn’t escape from it’s depths a second time…

UUGHH! It COULDN’T get any worse!

As we floated on the waves in the storm I began to close my eyes. I was so tired. A small nap, a little shut-eye and I’d be okay… After I rest I could think clearly and figure out a plan!

“Hey Minho… Minho!! MINHOOOOOOOOLLYYSHIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!! OMOFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

I was about to turn towards Onew’s shrieks when something big and dark slid past my legs. It felt rough and I could feel the sheer power running through the muscles beneath it’s cold skin of armour. A terrified cold shiver ran up and down my spine and my heart jumped into my mouth, stopping me from screaming.

Shark!

It wasn’t big. Oh no… IT WAS FREAKING HUGE!!! KING-KONG OF SHARKS!! IN AND AN XXXXL SIZE TOOO!!! Its sharp fin rose slowly from the water in front of the table, as it circled around us. Thunder cracked in the sky, echoing throughout the dark sky, as if warning us of our impending doom.

WAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! OMOFFUUUUUUU!!!!!!! SHHARRKKKKKABASFGHJKLLJHGSADGDHHAAAAARGHHH!!!!!” Jonghyun’s petrified screams rang through my ears. There was a sudden tug at the end of the table and I saw Jonghyun clambering over the bodies of the others. I sunk under into the cold water for a second as Onew joined him.

I needed no invitation.

While we three sat upon the (still unconscious) bodies, gripping each other in panic, we watched the colossal monster circle around us. And with every flash of lightning we could see him eyeing us with wickedness and hunger.

I couldn’t move. I tried to let go of my grasp of Onew, but my muscles were locked with terror. Why did I jinx us? Of course Nature like to accept any challenge we throw at her!

THUMPPPP!!

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!”

Our screams weren’t heard by anyone but by the shark, who had bumped into the table. Onew and Jonghyun were crying. I began to pray:

Dear God (if you’re there), I’m not sure if this is some horrible joke you’re playing on us, but if it isn’t please make it be quick and painless! But most of all pleasepleaseplease GET THAT SHARK AWA-‘

Another dark shape slid into view, as another flash of lightning blazed, almost a replica of the first shark… except wayyy bigger. But, instead of charging at us and finishing us off, it turned towards the smaller shark.

There was a huge whooshing roar (it is impossible to describable), and the rising waters around us turned into a darker colour as water thrashed a few metres away. Oh why was this happening??!?!?!??

I shut my eyes, not able to face the gruesome sight, and hugged Onew. He was still sobbing. I could feel my heart beating fast, but his pulse was faster. I held him tighter and wrapped my other arm around Jonghyun. I would protect them. I would always protect my family. I loved my family and I don’t want them to be sad or scared… only happy. My family was the only thing that I truly treasured. We were SHINee… and we were a family!

And we always will be! No matter what…

 

Wahhhh!!! I hated writing this chapter, I could just imagine myself going through this... *shivers*

Poor Minho, Jonghyun and Onew!! Hopefully Taemin and Key will be okay!! And who rescued "Psycho"?
Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter!! ^^
Thank you sooo much for reading and don't be afraid to comment and advise me on my writing skills! ^o^

And a special thank you to all who have subscribed so far and commented already!! :3
*gives massive hug*