Rising Hope

A Whole New World (PAUSED)

 

NO ONE’S POV:

The air now hummed with the sound of a plane. Even the birds and insects seemed to have gone silent from this strange intruding noise.

Onew was trying to climb onto Minho’s shoulders trying to reach for the rest of the bananas. Minho had jumped when he heard the plane, causing Onew to lose balance and fall hard on his , crushing the small pile of bananas they had made.

“EWWW-“ Onew started to whine, but Minho grabbed his wrist and pulled him along towards the beach. Towards the sound of the plane. Hope rose inside of him like a balloon filling up with helium.

---

“A plane?”

Jonghyun’s eyes danced around the blue sky, searching eagerly for the plane. Bo Mi leapt up from her new position, ten metres away from Jonghyun. Where was it?

Then they saw it. It was small, barely visible on the horizon, skimming over other islands in the distance. It was bright yellow though.

YAHHHHH!!! WE’RE OVER HEEEEEERE!! HELP!!! HELP US!!! WE’RE OVER HERE!” Bo Mi and Jonghyun both began to simultaneously cry and began to run towards the water. Jumping and screaming their lungs out was stupid, they knew that, but it was the only thing to do.

“IT IS A PLANE!!!” A high voice yelled, and so then Key and Taemin also joined in screaming for help.

“Wait! STOP!” Bo Mi held up her hands, quieting the others down. The plane had not seemed to change its course and was continuing to fly past them.

‘What do we do? We need to attract their attention…’ Bo Mi thought frantically.

“A signal!”

“Huh?”

“We need to make a signal!” Bo Mi began to run up to where SHINee’s shirt hung on large leaves. She grabbed the brightest one, a large red shirt belonging to Minho and waved it in the air.

“A fire!” Taemin and Jonghyun shouted out together. They began to grab small bits of washed-up wood, which had been bleached in the sun. Key looked cautiously at the dancing Bo Mi and then grabbed another shirt, Onew’s dark blue one and joined her screaming while running up and down the beach.

“Do you know h-how to make a fire?” Taemin trembled with excitement.

Jonghyun paused, “Umm, no. I thought you did!”

They look at each other, confused. Then they began to hit and rub the sticks together, praying fervently for a spark.

The air was stifling hot now. The air was so humid that it was hard to breathe properly. It made them all feel even more grotty and smelly than before. Key and Bo Mi had stopped running and were waving the shirts in the air, panting. They were drenched in sweat, making Key even more crazed to get clean.

Suddenly the plane began to turn towards them. The nightmare was finally over.

Visions and images began to appear in their minds of showers, soap, toothpaste, clean beds and tables filled with food, smiling faces of their family and other familiar people welcoming them home.

Suddenly the noise changed.

The four paused in their work and watched numbly as the plane continued to turn 360 degrees and flew back over the horizon. The bright yellow shape faded and so did the noise. The sounds now were back to the chirping and buzzing of insects and the songs of hidden birds.

The four of them were frozen in their positions, trying to register what had happened.

“HEY! DID YOU GET THE PLA-“ Minho and Onew crashed out of the bushes, but stopped suddenly.

The others turned and looked at them blankly and confused. Jonghyun fell back on his knees, his mouth opened as he continued to stare where the plane had vanished.

“Did you get d-dinner?” Bo Mi squeaked out as she stubbornly held back tears.

“Ummm…” Onew glanced at his , still covered in banana mush and dirt, “No… ”

Jonghyun snapped back to life and moaned. He shook his fist at the sky and yelled “THINGS JUST CAN’T GET WORSE!!!”

As if in response the sunlight faded and a dark rumble throbbed in the air. Large, cold drops of water splattered down on their heads.

“THAT WASN’T A CHALLENGE!!!”

 

I am SOOOOOO sorry for taking so long after updating almost everyday! TT^TT
How did you like this chapter? It’s a bit short, I know. Poor SHINee and Bo Mi! Their hope was all for nothing! L

On a happier note:

OMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHASDJAHSFDJAHSFDAJGKHSDFCDFGHJKLADFSRTDYUTIOWESFJHJVNSABDJFADGHSDGJFKL!!!!!!!!!SHINEE IS BACK!!! WWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHASDASFJASFHJL!
I absolutely LOVE their homemade teasers too! I haven’t listened to the melody though, since I don’t want to spoil it! WAHHHH! I AM READY TO RELEASE MY SHAWOL FANGIRL SIDE!!! I'VE ALREADY FIXED UP MY COFFIN AND GRAVE!!!! XDDD
Also, I SHINee-ficated my room even MORE! Although there’s always room for more posters! :3 I CAN’T WAIT!
When I saw the news for the first time I was like:



and now I'm like:



Anyways! PLEASE subscribe and comment! ^^ My other story lost all it’s views and subscribers AND the 2nd chapter! (GRRRRR) So I am currently rewriting it! Check it out… NOW!


http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/151982/streetwise-action-jonghyun-key-minho-onew-shinee-taemin