Chapter 9

When memories are gone

The next morning, Mee-Na slowly opened her eyes before sitting straight up.

Oh my head,” as she put her righ hand on the top of her head.

She looked around and realised that she was in Yonghwa's bedroom. She was all dressed with her dress, covered by a warm blanket.

The party...She suddenly remembered everything. Yonghwa being handsome, the people she met, this man who tried to seduce her. But moreover, she remembered drinking more than she could stand. She nearly collapsed and Yonghwa, as nice as always, carried her away from the teasing stares. She ruined his reception, she made a spectacle of herself without wanted to, but in the end she did. Yonghwa will be mad at her. Mee-Na was so scared to see him because she probably made him ashamed last evening.

She got up and went in her bedroom, took a quick shower before dressing in a white pants and a navy blue V-neck sweater. She put her hair in a ponytail and wore no make up.

While she was making her way downstairs, her heat was beating nervously. She went in the living room, nobody was there; in the kitchen, still no Yonghwa.

“Se-Ra, where's Yonghwa? He's not awake?”

“Hi Ms Mee-Na! Sure he is, he's on the terrace in front of the house.”

“Oh thank you.”

“You're welcome. Your breakfast will be ready soon.”

Mee-Na nodded with a slight smile and walked to the front of the door. She slowly opened it, noticing Yonghwa on her left side. He was wearing a long coat, reading some documents with a cup of coffee.

“Yonghwa?”as she slowly went closer.

“Hey, you’re already awake?” He asked, looking quickly at her.

“Yeah.”

“I thought you would have slept longer with the amount of alcohol you drank,” he replied, while reading his documents.

“Yonghwa, I would like to apo...” as she was speaking, she was rubbing her arms, trying ro warm her up.

“Let's go inside,” Yonghwa cut her off, “You came out without anything on your back,” as he stood up, “I don't want you to catch something,” he uttered, passing Mee-Na without looking at her, going into the house.

Mee-Na followed him without speaking. Once inside, Yonghwa pulled off his coat, before throwing it on the armchair. He then sat on the couch, reading his files again. Mee-Na stood still near the couch.

“Yonghwa, I would like to apologize for last night. I ruined your reception and...”

“Don't apologize for that. In the state you were, you couldn't do anything else but collapse.”

Mee-Na looked down, very ill at ease.

“You...You're angry with me because I embarassed you?” she asked, hesitantly, still looking down.

“Don't say that. You didn't embarrass me, and you also didn't ruin the reception. It was already a bad idea to make it here, even before you drank too much.No, it's just...” sighing, as he put his documents away.

He then turned around to face Mee-Na.

“It’s just, I can’t understand why you did that. It's true that I left you alone and I’m sorry, but you didn’t have to act like that; to drink so much. I was...I was quite disappointed that you preferred to stay alone, drinking, instead of coming to see me or talk to me. How do you expect me to know how you feel if you don’t tell me?”

“Well...I’m...I’m sorry, it’s not what I wanted and...” she began to say nervously.

Yonghwa stood up and came in front of her, before putting his hands on her shoulders.

“Okay look, I'm not angry with you,” he reassured “I was just surprised and disappointed, but it's over, okay? Next time, come to see me. I already told you that you'll never disturb me,”he smiled at her.

“Oh..okay. Thanks,” Mee-Na looked at him, smiling.

They stayed silent for a moment, looking into each other's eyes.

“You know what could be a good idea?” Yonghwa finally inquired.

“No...”

“After your breakfast, we could do some stuff together. Maybe we could play games, videogames and did I show you my pinball machine?”

“You didn't show it to me but I saw it in your room, you know...” she smiled.

“Oh yes right,” Yonghwa smiled, scratching his head, “Ok so would you like to? I'm not working today and you don't have your sessions. It will show you I'm not angry with you,” he winked at her.

“Okay, I would like the,” Mee-Na replied happily.

“Great! Come to see me when you’ll be ready. I’m going to my office to make some phone calls, okay?” as he left.

Yonghwa was barely in his office that he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He sighed seeing it was Han Seong-Ho caller ID.

“Hello?”

“Hello, I didn't wake you up?”

“No, I'm out of the bed for quite a time now,” Yonghwa sighed.

“Well, I think it wasn't easy to sleep with what happened last night,” Han Seong-Ho uttered coldly.

“What do you mean?”

“This girl...Who's this girl Yonghwa?”

“I told you, she was just a guest I invited,” Yonghwa sighed, “Why?”

“You dare to ask me why? Your guest pretty much put on a show by her attitude. Be honest Yonghwa...Are you dating her?”

“No, not at all. I'm not dating her or anyone,” the brunet sighed again.

“Good. It wouldn't be the right time for it with your album coming up, and especially with a girl acting like that in public. I really wonder what people would say today,” Han Seong-Ho.

“Well, let's them talk,” Yonghwa uttered, pretty irritating.

“Sure, it sounds very easy right? Anyway, make sure that this kind of attitude don't happen again and keep an eye on your guest next time,” Han Seong-Ho uttered, before hanging up.

Yonghwa sighed and threw his phone on his desk.

“Very good first impression Mee-Na,” he sighed before sitting at his desk.

Around 30 minutes later, Mee-Na joined Yonghwa in his office and they headed to his bedroom.

“So here it is my pinball machine!” Yonghwa expressed happily.

“Wow! I've never seen it before,” Mee-Na uttered falsely surprised.

“Yeah yeah tease me,” Yonghwa smiled.

“But aren't you to old to have a pinball machines and to like video games...Kid!” Mee-Na joked and Yonghwa laughed.

“Call me a kid if you want but I really love them. I use to play with my 3 friends you met yesterday. I mean when they can come over. And I'm sure, you will enjoy it too. So let's play!”

“Okay!” Mee-Na declared, very enthusiastic.

They began their game time at the pinball machine. Yonghwa was a very good player, winning all the time.

“Okay girl, it's your turn to try now,” as he pointed the pinball machine to Mee-Na.

“Well, to be honest, I don't remember if I already played that,” Mee-Na said, placing herself in front of the machine.

“Okay, so let me show you then.”

Yonghwa slowly placed himself behind her. He put Mee-Na's hands on each side of the controls, keeping his on the girl's ones. Mee-Na was blushing, feeling Yonghwa so close to him, feeling his body against her back. Yonghwa smiled to the sensation of having Mee-Na in his arms, being able to smell her soft fragrance.

“Ready?” Yonghwa whispered.

Mee-Na nodded, before starting to play together. They did two games, stuck to each other; Yonghwa teaching what he knew to Mee-Na. Then the lady played alone but wasn't really talented.

“Well, it’s not really conclusive,”Yonghwa teased, “Okay, so let's go downstairs in the living room to play some videogames now.”

They walked in the room and Mee-Na sat on the couch. Yonghwa took big false guns to play a shoot-them up game. After he explained, the rules, they played like crazy. Laughing and trying to beat the other.

“Hey you cheat!” Yonghwa screamed, laughing.

“No, it's not cheating Yonghwa. It's finding a way to beat you and it works. I won!” she yelled, lifting her ams in the air.

“I can't believe it,” he said, falling on the couch, “Okay next one...” he uttered, standing up to change the game, “I”m a best in this one. You can't defeat me,” he laughed, giving the gamepad to Mee-Na.

Mee-Na shrugged and the next game started : Street Fighter. They began to play and they also began to laugh like crazy. It was like two kids, playing together.

“Hey you don't have the right to do that!” Yonghwa screamed.

“Of course I have. Look in 10 seconds, I'll win!”

“No I won’t let you win this time! Go my little fighter, beat her!” Yonghwa laughed.

“No! A fist! A kick and…enemy out! I won!” Mee-Na screamed.

Yonghwa laughed but suddenly stopped, contemplating her. To see Mee-Na laughing like that was warming his heart like never before. He found she had an amazing laugh which made Mee-Na looked even cuter. Yongwha was happy to see she had such a great time, sharing one of his favorite past times. He was smiling to himself when Mee-Na caught his stare.

“What?” Mee-Na asked, smiling.

“No…Nothing,” Yonghwa stammered “It’s just…It’s great to see you laugh like that.”

“Well I had an awesome time. Thanks Yonghwa.”

“You’re welcome. And see I wasn't angry with you,” as they both smiled at each other.

“You know I think there's something you can't beat me at,” Yonghwa smiled.

“Oh I'd like to know what,” she replied, on a teasing tone.

“Don't be so confident,” he smiled, “Did you see quite of a big tree in front of the house?” he asked, pointing at the window, “I can climb to the top of it and I would like you to climb it with me.”

“You're climbing trees?” she asked in wonder.

“I like trying things and nothing really scares me. I did once and I love to do it sometimes,” he shrugged.

“Alright but that's high I guess...” she remarked.

“Pretty much. Are you scared?” he inquired, smirking.

“Not at all. Okay, let's climb it.”

“Right!” But wait a minute, I'll get some warm blankets. It could be cold up there.”

Yonghwa left and Mee-Na went closer to the window, observing the tree. She acted like she wasn't afraid but actually she was less confident that he wanted to show to Yonghwa. Some minutes later, Yonghwa came back with a big blanket.

“Okay, now we can go.”

“Hmm Yonghwa? You took only one blanket but we’re two,” Mee-Na remarked, confused.

“Well I thought that if we sit next to each other, it will be a way to warm up. Don't you think?” he asked, smiling “I...I just thought it would be better with this weather. We’re in fall and even if the wind slows down, it’s still pretty cool.”

“Yeah you’re right. So...”

“So let’s go,” Yonghwa held his hand to her.

They began to climb on the tree, Yonghwa being behind Mee-Na, preventing her from falling.

“Put your hands in some wholes you’re seeing. Be careful.”

As they finally arrived at the top, Mee-Na sat on one branch and looked around him, amazed. The sight in front of her was just amazing from up there.

“It’s...It’s wonderful Yonghwa.”

“Yeah I know. C’mon, sit here.”

Yonghwa sat, before wrapping the blanket around his shoulders. He opened his arms, inviting Mee-Na to sit next to him. But she slowly approached, before spreading Yonghwa's legs, looking at him. He nodded in agreement and she sat between his legs. Yonghwa wrapped his arms and the big blanket around her.

As Yonghwa moved his head slowly looking around, he brushed against Mee-Na's, noticing her soft perfume. She smelled good.

“Mee-Na...You smell good,” he dared to say.

“Really? Well, it’s maybe the new shampoo I used this morning.”

“Well, don't change it.”

Mee-Na didn't have the time to answer anything, then she felt Yonghwa's head being tenderly put on hers. The lady, surprised at first by this touch, finally snuggled more into Yonghwa's arms.

They stayed silent for a moment, watching the wonderful setting in front of them. Only the sounds of the birds were audible. They were wrapped in each other arms, warming each other.

“Mee-Na,” Yonghwa slowly said, nearly in a whisper, “Thank you. Thank you for spending such great moments with me today.”

“You’re welcome Yonghwa. But you don’t have to thank me, I should be the one to thank you.”

“Not really. It means a lot to me. There's not so much people coming here since I decided to live a little in retreat from the city. They probably think I don't want to see anyone when I'm not working. Besides the guys, no one is really coming over and they're also pretty busy with their career. It's been a long time since I had fun like that at my place.”

“Well, believe me, I had a looooot of fun,” Mee-Na laughed, making Yonghwa smile. “I mean, you can have the right to live alone and out from all the temptations of the city. To cut yourself from the madness of the city and from your business. It seems to be a pretty drenching one. I think that sometimes living apart isn't a bad thing. And from the fact that not a lot of people are coming over beside Minhyuk, Jonghyun and Jungshin? Well, they're missing a lot of amazing and fun things to do. I'm proud to be one of the people who can take advantage of that,” she declared, smiling.

Yonghwa smiled, hearing Mee-Na speak like that. She barely knew him but seemed to understand his choices, and more importantly without judging him.

Suddenly, Mee-Na turned to look at Yonghwa. She was feeling something special, being close to him.

“Yonghwa, why is your heart beating like that? I mean, it's beating so fast.”

Yonghwa gasped and stayed silent. He didn't know how to answer. His heart was beating but why? He was actually happy to feel Mee-Na so close to him.

“Well, I’m very happy to share all of that with you, and your words were really nice. Thank you very much Mee-Na,” he said, caressing her cheek.

To his surprise, Mee-Na didn't react to this tender touch. She didn't turn her head away or slap his hand.

“You’re welcome,” Mee-Na snuggled into his arms again.

After that moment, the weather started to turn colder. They went down the tree and Yonghwa noticed Mee-Na's pants being dirty from their climbing. As his hand was slowly making his way to her to clean it off, the girl turned around.

“Yonghwa?”

“Hmm?” he asked, quickly putting his hand behind his head, scratching it, “What?”

“Hmmm nothing...” she replied, frowning.

Yongha just smiled and they walked back home to enjoy a great lunch together.

“Yonghwa, I’m going upstairs. I'm in white pants and climbing on the tree wasn’t a good idea,” she smiled, looking at her dirty pants, “I’ll change my pants and I’ll join you for lunch.”

“Alright!” Yonghwa smiled.

Yonghwa kept on smiling while Mee-Na was leaving. He found this young girl amazing. He was so compatible with her, she seemed to be so much like him. He could imagine living with her, but it was impossible. She was only a young friend of his who will have to leave one day.