Chapter 12

When memories are gone

Mee-Na woke up pretty early this morning. She wanted to take advantage of the property as she figured Yonghwa won't be up anytime soon.

She loved Yonghwa's house and his property more and more, she felt good and safe there. It felt like no one and nothing bad could ever reach her.

She went downstairs and glanced at Yonghwa's living room table. She approached it and smiled to herself, noticing that her note was gone.

“You have my note sweet Yonghwa.”

She then took Yonghwa's scarf, which was on the table, in her hands. She liked to see him with his scarf and his long coat. It made him look very classy. She wrapped it around her neck, smelling the pretty virile fagrance of Yonghwa. She looked at herself in the mirror, playing with the scarf, taking poses as if she was doing a photo shoot.

What she didn't notice was that Yonghwa was already awake. As he went downstairs, he saw her in front of the mirror. He stopped and looked at her, hiding behind the wall.

Yonghwa found her cute and funny. He liked how simple and natural Mee-Na was. It was two qualities very hard to find in his business, especially two qualities that women could lose when they became famous. He liked sophisticated women but what he like the most was ones who liked to laugh, having fun and spending time watching movies, listenning to music or playing games with him.

Mee-Na was one of this kind of women. Beautiful without realizing it, funny without knowing it and caring. He was totally melting, looking at her but it wasn't right. He couldn't or rather shouldn't be attracted to her.

“It seems like someone is having fun here.”

Mee-Na stopped moving and Yonghwa smirked, seeing her grimacing face in the mirror.

“Oh sorry Yonghwa,” as she removed the scarf before facing him, “I found it on the table and I started to play,” she explained, nervously.

“Hey relax,” Yonghwa uttered, coming in front of her, “It's nothing and...” as he took the scarf in Mee-Na's hands, wrapping it around the lady's neck, “I think you look good in it. It fits you well, better than me, sweet Mee-Na.”

Mee-Na blushed, making Yonghwa smile. They stared on each other's eyes in silence, feeling their heart beating, their legs shaking.

“I'm sorry about yesterday,” Yonghwa said, finally making a step backwards, ill at ease, “I wad delayed longer that I thought,” he stated, going to sit on the couch.

“It's nothing,” Mee-Na uttered, a little disappointed, “I left you a little note.”

“Yes I saw it. Thanks, it was nice,” Yonghwa smiled.

Mee-Na sat next to him but a little further that she used to. She was still puzzled by their awkward silent moment.

“So do you still want a report?” Yonghwa asked happily, trying to relaw the atmosphere.

“Sure, I've been dying for it since yesterday. How many important people were there?”

Yonghwa laughed and began his report. All the stars that were there, the great performances he saw. Of course, he didn’t mentionned his own performance. By chance Mee-Na didn't turned the TV on that night. A detail he didn't think about.

“That’s sound so amaaazing! It seems that you had a lot of fun.”

“Yeah really, it was great.”

“But what delayed you if everything was fine?”

Yonghwa's expression changed from happy to nervous. He couldn't tell her that he was having kind of a date with someone of his agency. But after all, they were not a couple. Why did he have to hide that from her? On the other hand, he felt ill at ease to tackle this kind of topic with a woman, he could like.

“Well...I...I...It was...” he stammered, “You know those kind of events can lst longer than planned. We meet a lot of people who wants to talk to you and for the business, you have to keep some connections but...” he cleard his throat.

“Oh that’s all?” Mee-Na, asked him suspicious.

“Yes sure, that's all,” Yonghwa replied, ill at ease, “Well, I have things to do. See you at lunch,” he uttered, standing up from the couch, before leaving quickly. He wanted this awkward moment to end.

“Okay,” Mee-Na, replied but Yonghwa was already out of sight.

“That was really well done,” Yonghwa said to himself as he was doing his way to his bedroom, “I couldn't do more embarassing and awkward than that,” he stated, banging the door of his bedroom.

Later in the morning, Mee-Na took a walk outside. She like to walk around the pretty big property. She was walking, humming happily when she heard music coming from a little house. A house she never saw before and that Yonghwa never showed her. She came closer and looked through the window.

The room looked like a big reahearsing studio. Instruments and mics were there. There was also what it looked like a recording booth.

Yonghwa was there, sitting at the piano, singing. He was singing “Feeling” while playing the piano. His voice was pure, clear and sounded perfect. It sounds like pure magic to Mee-Na's hear. It was one one the most beautiful thing she ever heard and yet, it felt familiar...Like she already heard this voice.

“That's ridiculous. It can't be it,” she uttered, shaking hear head in sigh.

She was about to leave when Yonghwa opened the door.

“Mee-Na? I saw you were watching me. Do you want to come in?”

“Sorry, I didn't to want to bother you...once again.”

“Don't say stupid things. Come in.”

She walked in the room, looking around her.

“You didn't show me this place yet. Is it a recording studio?”

“More or less,” Yonghwa replied, clearing his voice, “I'm in the music entertainement and to be honest...” he thought for a second, “I always loved to sing and I can play some instruments pretty well.”

“So you're a singer?” as she sat on the floor.

“No, not really. I like to do it for fun you know,” Yonghwa said ill at ease, avoiding her look, “I like to play with the guys you know Minhyuk, Jonghyun and Jungshin. We're having fun, jamming,” he shrugged.

“Well, you should think of a career because you sing very well,” she smiled.

“Thanks. I may have a gift for that,” he smiled, “You want me to sing you something? I can also teach you how to play piano?”

“Oh sure. Show me.”

Yonghwa sat in front of the piano and invited Mee-Na to sit next to him. He smiled at her and started to play. Mee-Na was looking at his long fingers, slightly caressing the keys. They were moving with grace and a beautiful sound was coming of it. Yonghwa, then, started to sing again with his enchanting voice. Mee-Na was looking him and couldn't help to find him very attractive. His eyes were closed, his head was slightly moving, following the rhythm.

“So, did you like it?” Yonghwa asked.

“Sure. It was really good,” she smiled.

Yonghwa smiled, a little embarassed.

“Alright, do you want to try piano?”

“Hmm I don't think I'll be good.”

“That's not the point of it. Alright...” he started, taking her hand and placing it on the piano, “First, I'll show you...”

He took her hand in his and made her press the keys, showing her a simple sequence.

“Good. Now, try alone,” he smiled.

Mee-Na nodded and tried to replicate the sequence on her own. She was biting her lips as she focused and Yonghwa found it very cute.

“Wow, you did pretty good. Now, play it while I'll try to follow you with another sequence. But come a little closer, it'll be easier for playing together.”

Mee-Na shyly got close to him, their arms were now touching. As she was close to him, Yonghwa could smell this irresistible fragrance of vanilla he liked so much.

“Let's go,” he smiled.

They played piano, smiling and laughing at Mee-Na's sour notes.

“Well, I can say it wasn't that bad. For a first time, you're pretty talented Mee-Na.”

“Thanks,” she thanked, softly.

Sitting side by side, close to each other, they stared at each other for a few seconds. Yonghwa couldn't turn his eyes away. She was beautiful and in this moment, he felt so good with her. Yonghwa took Mee-Na's hand on her thigh. She didn't react and just blushed as an answer. Yonghwa slowly leaned in to kiss her lips.

They were close to tasting each other's lips when Yonghwa's phone rang, making him startle. He sighed, looking down.

“Sorry Mee-Na, it's for work. I have to pick up,” he apologized, standing up.

“No go, it's nothing,” Mee-Na uttered, looking down.

Yonghwa left the studio, closing the door behind him, before standing behind it. His phone was still ringing but it wasn't disturbing him.

“What was I about to do? Kissing her, I can't do that. Being attracted to her isn't a good idea but I am already,” he sighed, “Oh stupid phone, I'm going to pick up,” he sighed, finally picking up and making his way to the house.

After Yonghwa left, Mee-Na stayed alone in the studio. She was still blushing, her heart was still beating fast. She could still feel the warmness of Yonghwa’s hand on her thigh. This soft touch that felt so good.

Yonghwa was about to kiss her. If his phone didn't ring, disturbing them, they would have been kissing each other right at this moment, bringing their relationship to another level. She wanted Yonghwa to kiss her but it wouldn’t be a good idea.

Mee-Na didn’t want to be sentimentally attached to Yonghwa. What if she was already involved in a different relationship? Maybe she was dating a sweet man...She couldn’t take the risk but what if she was already falling for this beautiful man?