Why me?!

Working!

Junho POV


 

“You’re fired.”

 

Huh? What?

 

“Um, pardon me, sir?”

 

“I said you’re fired, Junho-shi..”

 

Wait a second!

 

“B-but.. why sir? I mean I don’t even recall doing something in a wrong way.”

 

“You’re not, well, you had done a great job, even now.”

 

“Then why..?”

 

“It’s just, I can’t paid for your salary anymore, Junho, unfortunately our company didn’t survive this

whole business world.. we just don’t sell enough…”

 

“Well, we could still work things out, sir!”

 

“Yes, I know, and the only solution is by reducing our employee.. I’m sorry, Junho..”

 

“…… But si—“

 

“I know, you’re such a.. workaholic person, and you couldn’t stand doing nothing, yes? That’s why I had signed you up on another, well, company, I must say…”

 

“Huh? No, I was ju—“

 

“I understand, Junho-ah, well, it’s my friend’s company, he’s been helping me a lot until now, so, I guess it’s a good thing to help him back in return, in this case deliver him a good quality worker like yourself.”

What the heck? ! Are you selling me to another company?! And even PROUD at that?! Gosh!

 

“Thank you for your concern, sir, but i—“

 

“Right, here’s the address and the phone number, I’ve already making you an appointment, about this Saturday on 9AM. Here you go, don’t be shy~”

 

“But, Jinyoung-nim..”

 

“No, buts Junho-ah, may I as well pray for your success in your new company~”

 


 

.

 

This is .

 

So, is this mean that I have to end my career as a good salaryman?

 

Oh, God, this is truly a definition of ! S.U.C.K.S! What did I do to deserve this?! After restraining myself to work under the gorilla-faced-like boss for.. let see.. 3 years! Working my body off like crazy from zero and now a manager and later, BEING JOBLESS?! After what I’ve done for his company?! Well, I’m not praising myself, no, no, it’s just, for this 5 years, we’ve been through a lot, yes, A LOT, especially a lot of stupid decision that brings NOTHING from that stupid primitive boss that lead me to do everything I could to fix that, explaining with foamed mouth to our sooo-rich-but-stupid clients, doing some joint venture that is not easy since our company just not too big and famous like the others, and that thanks to the so-clever boss up there that was stubbornly underestimating the power of advertising!!

 

GOSH SO STUPID!!!

 

THAT GORILLA—

 

Wait… I’m mocking him too much.. I hope I didn’t make the very person’s ear ringing like crazy…

 

But..

 

WHY ME?! WHY ME AMONG THE OTHERS?!

 

Ok, fine, he’s calling me good employee or whatever, but, there’s other employee who’s work longer that I am, and much older, and.. AISH!! Why don’t just let Ahn Sung Gi-nim retire?! For God Sake, he’s nearing his 50 and i?! 24! TWENTY FOUR, PEOPLE!

 

Still young!

 

Healthy!

 

Moreover, y.

 

Dammit! This is insane!!

 

Am I being sacrificed for world peace?!

 

NO, I’M NOT!!

 

And this is—

 

URGH!! Ok, just let it slide, Junho, just calm down, beside, that monkey man has already given you another job, might as well work it out! Yeah, I can!

Uh, but, still, does this job suit me well? What kind of job is this anyway? He didn’t even giving me any worthy details!

 

But in the other side, I just don’t have much choice, do I? Being jobless or just accept this new job even though I haven’t known what will I became.

It’s just, what will I tell to my mother if I’m jobless? She’s already working her hardest, alone, without any help from any men, to paid my college until I graduate, of course I had done some part-time works while I’m at it, but she still sending me some money, even now, she’s still sending me some every new year, and I really love her, and I definitely not going to disappoint her, I just want to make her proud of me. Well, I don’t feel like what I’ve been doing for her in return just enough to exchange her blood, sweat and tears while growing me up, but still, the least I would do is disappoint her. She must be telling me that it’s okay and it’s enough, but, I know deep inside, she’s really expecting something much more. And I want to fulfill her expectation, so I try my hardest working in a big town like this.

 

Oh God, this is become so gloomy.. This is lowered my spirit level!

 

Calm down Junho! You know you can do this!

 

Uh, I hope this gonna be good!

 

Um, but, wait, did he say that this friend of his always helping him? Is that mean, this ‘friend’ is more

capable than that gorilla boss..?

 

Hmmm…

 

Kekekeke, I could say it’s a good news then! Hah!

 

Fine, I’ll show him that I’m a super salaryman that could work well in anytime, anywhere, and any kind situation, with any kinds of mammal-like boss, such as he is for example. What? It’s good to prepare for the worst right?

 

Khukhukhu, can’t wait for Saturday!

 

I might as well, give my body a rest, 2 days to Saturday..

 

I’ll do my best!

 

Ahh, so tired..

 

How..

 

Exciting…

 


 

“What?! You’re retired? At such age?!”

 

“…….Fired, Doojoon-ah, Fired! F.I.R.E.D!”

 

“Oh, right, sorry ‘bout that! Haha! But, hey, why, man?”

 

“That.. I don’t know… hhh… the only thing I know is my ex-company just didn’t sell well and need to cut some paycheck from us and that ended with the decision of firing me and ‘sell’ me to another company.”

 

“Well, at least your boss being responsible at giving you another job~ Oh, , I’m still hungry..”

 

“Oh, gosh, that stomach of yours, hahaha~ Go order something more!”

 

“Good ideaaa~ Excuse me, miss, one bibimbap, please, ah, thank you.. Then? Continue.”

 

“Continue what? I haven’t spoken anything.”

 

“Um, then, why are you so upset about that? He fired you, yes, but he had a new job waiting for you, and more of it, you said that there’s a chance that this one is a better company, so?”

 

“Well, to be honest, I’ve already been comfortable in that company with any of their weird employees and that stupid boss, it’s all like a family.. and it’s been 5 years, and, you know well how poor my adaptation skills is..”

 

“Hah! That’s reminding me when we were on college, and yes, you’re just at it! Hahahaha!”

 

“Aish, stop laughing! That’s embarrassing! Seriously!”

 

“Aww, Junho-shi is flustered~ How adorable~”

 

“Graahh!! Stop messing my hair! Geez.. Oh, your order is coming.”

 

“Yay, thank you, pretty lady~ Hehe~”

 

“Pretending to be a player, huh?”

 

“Man, just let go of the pretending part, and that’s the real me~”

 

“What? The pretend part? Yeah, I must admit it really suits you.Kekeke~”

 

“Aww, that’s not what I meant!”

 

“Hahahaha! Right, ouch, I better get going, I must called this new company for more information.”

 

“Omo? Hey, don’t leave me here alone!”

 

“Sorry, Doojoon-ah! Catch you later!”

 

Ah, he’s still shouting my name, haha, that guy, really is stupid sometimes, a clown indeed. Huh? Yes, we’ve been known each other since college, well, I was a bit timid since It was my first time in Seoul and I didn’t know anything about it, so I was a bit nervous and maybe a little afraid, because my umma said some things that’s quite frightened me I must say, like be careful of drugs or smokes, or watch your wallet neatly, and well, that made me thought that Seoul is kinda like some criminal city. And that’s because too much watching action movies, my fantasy just a bit.. too much. Well, it’s a big city, so so much people live in it, even foreigner, so, being careful is a must, and besides, it’s not that scary, it’s fun and interesting indeed. And Doojoon is one of its example, he’s fun hanging out with him, he’s cheerful, funny and generous, he sometimes brought me some food, or just treat me into some usual restaurants, and he always don’t want me to paid back, I don’t like being in debt with other people, so I just sent some cakes to his house, because I was busy on my office day and rarely hanging out with him, or give him a lot of shopping and food vouchers. They suits him a lot and he usually happy about it since his appetite is just.. extreme, but not make him fat, uh, such a luck, and he’s one of those shopaholic. Well, it’s not that I’m not into shopping, it’s just I usually doing it online, so I don’t really use those vouchers.

He’s the only close friend I had, well, I knew a lot of people, but being close like this is something that I just.. afraid of, since I had a bad experience at being too close to everyone. But being with Doojoon, is different, I hope we could be friends forever, we’ve been supporting each other when we were down, and even though we’ve been working in different company, we’ve never lost contact to each other.

 

 And that’s reminding me that today I was planning to give this new company of mine a call after having a lunch with him, who said that he wants to cheer me up and want to hear my sooo interesting story about why-you-be-a-sacrifice-for-your-company. Well, he really cheered me up though, he always fun to talk too, even though he’s the kind when you can’t be too serious with, because it pisses you off every time he jokes about something that is very important to you. He is my best friend and my brother.

 

I’d better go home now, ah, might as well buy some supplies on the minimart for these 2 days dinner.

 


 

Watermelon, carrot, sausages, potato, celery, well, kimchi, eggs, then, what? Um, this, that, oh! Seaweed! Ah, there it is~

 

Right, all done! Wait, what time is it?

 

3PM?!

 

Geez! I got too much fun shopping! Well, it’s been a long time since I have a holiday like this and make me have to prepare myself a dinner, eating out is just too often..

I must hurried back home! I hope the office would still be open!

 

“Thank you for shopping here, sir, please, comeback again~”

 

“Ah, yes, you’re welcome.”

 

Whoa, I really must hurry. Hmm, I could still call them tomorrow but that was just could satisfied my wants-to-know-everything-about-this-company desire! And it’s not quite proper to call them a day before the interview, it will give the feeling like I don’t seriously want to work in their company. And I don’t want to make that kind of first impression.

Wait, the key, where is it?

 

Ah, it’s unlocked.

 

To be honest I could call them on the way, or whenever, just, I don’t really into speaking something important such as business or in this case, job, in public places. Just not my style.

 

Ah, finally! They’re fit in the empty fridge!

 

Well, it’s time to do this, Junho!

 

You can do this!

 

Ah, someone answering the phone, I guess, it’s still work time..

 

[Good afternoon, this is Kim’s residence, can  I help you?]

 

Wait… residence? Not, office?

 

“Ah, um, good afternoon, sir.. Sorry to bother you, I was going to talk abou—“

 

[Ahh, Lee Jun Ho-shi isn’t it? The one from JYP inc.? The new guy?]

 

….How did… Am I the only one who’s been transferred?

 

“…Ah, yes, I’m Lee Jun Ho..”

 

[Okay then, please wait a moment, yo! Khun-ah! Bring me the draft over there!]

 

And there’s a slight ‘Where? Oh, this one?’ sound on the background..

 

[Hmm, Lee Jun Ho-shi, 24 this year, huh? Quite promising and experienced..]

 

OF COURSE I AM!

 

“Ah, thank you, sir..”

 

[Well, have you experienced in dealing with customer face to face?]

 

It’s daily, man…

 

“Ah, yes, I was dealing with customers and clients mostly..”

 

[Great, oh, and you said to be very clever at market strategizing?]

 

“Um, about that, I didn’t say that I was clever but, I was capable at doing some marketing jobs and economic strategy..”

 

[Hmm, just like Jinyoung-hyung said..]

 

Jinyoung-hyung..? What the! That gorilla?! Hyung?!

 

[Well, I guess that’s all we want, oh, almost forgot, you didn’t have problems dealing with some nasty clients or the stubborn one, right?]

 

“Oh, no, I’m not, I’ve experienced those types, so, I kinda knew how to deal with them..”

 

[Hahaha! I guess you’ve experienced for the worst, but, this time you maybe experienced some indifferent..]

 

“Huh..? What do you mean, sir?”

 

[Naah, nothing, nothing,and one last thing, do you learn some martial arts or something that you can use to… defend yourself?]

 

“…Eh? Ummm, err, I learnt a bit of Karate and some Judo?”

 

[Wow, terrific, you’re such a success! Hahaha! Well, that’s all I need to confirm, we were going to call you, but you’re the one who called us first, you really are expecting this job that much, huh?]

 

“Eng, yes?”

 

[Hahaha, now, you’re getting unsure~ Omo? Yah! Youngie, why are you late! Man, you’re bleeding..]

 

B—bleeding?! What!? Who!?

 

“I’m sorry is it okay in there, sir?”

 

[Uh, it’s a bit chaos here, so, Junho-shi, shall we meet you at 9AM on Saturday, then?]

 

“Ah, yes, of course..”

 

[Teriific, have a nice day!]

 

“Um, you too, sir..”

 

And some shouting like ‘Khun-ah, go fix him!’ or something like that…

 

What is this job.. exactly…?

 

What’s with the one employee who was bleeding?

 

What’s with all the shouting?

 

What’s with the lively yet so noisy atmosphere?

 

What’s with the residence, not an office?!

 

Why I should capable of defending myself?!

 

WHAT WILL I DO THERE ANYWAY?!

 

Aish, this is going to be tough…

 



I made a few changes on the arrangement, i hope it looked better, tehee, Thank you for reading, and please enjoy~ <3 Love you, guys! :D