[5]

Red Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So close, yet so far away.

 

CHAPTER 5

 

Tiffany was still flustered after what went down in Jessica’s room. She was stuck. She couldn’t even respond correctly. Jessica Jung wanted Tiffany Hwang to be her personal secretary. Personal secretary? What do those even do? She let out a big sigh.

“Hey did everything go okay?” Bora was concerned for Tiffany ever since she got back from meeting Jessica.

“I’m just thinking.”

“She didn’t threaten you, did she?”

“No! Why would she do that?!”

“Well I’m just asking. You look like you have a lot on your mind.”

“She wants me to work for her.”

“Really? That's great! We could work at the same company then!”

“But as her personal secretary.”

“Personal secretary? What the heck is that? Like a butler?”

“Butler?! I am nobody’s butler! Anyways, let's not talk about this anymore. What is the next activity?”

“Not sure. When you went to see the CEO, Sunny came by my room and told me there will be a briefing on the outcome of this retreat.”

“What kind of briefing?”

“I don’t know. We will find out later before dinner.”

 

----------------------------------------------

 

All the employees gathered at the hotel auditorium. Sooyoung, Yuri, and Yoona were seated at the side, watching everybody flow in. When Tiffany spotted them, she waved and they also waved back. The employees were told to gather at the center and wait for further instruction.

“What is this meeting for again?” Yuri whispered.

“I think Sica is making an announcement of some sort.” Sooyoung answered.

“Maybe for everybody to back off from the Princess.”

“Now is not the time for your jokes babe.” Yoona sighed.

“Well it's true. All the guys are basically eye ing Tiffany.” Yuri scoffed.

“Attention.” Sunny was at the podium which gained their attention. All eyes were on Sunny. “I am sure you are all wondering why the activities for today are canceled and that a meeting with you all has arisen. As news spread quickly, you all know what happened during the night club occurrence last night.” People started to whisper when Sunny mentioned the incident. Some even stared at Tiffany. Bora just gave them a glare while the other three girls were shielding her. Tiffany felt embarrassed. Sunny could see in the crowd what was happening, she was about to speak up until someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around and stepped aside for the person to speak.

“What are you all looking at?”

That voice. Tiffany looked up to see Jessica standing in front of the podium with Sunny by her side. She looked unhappy. There were gasps and more whispers between the employees. Jessica stared at Tiffany and Tiffany stared back. It was like they were the only ones in the room.

“Now, as Sunny was saying about the incident last night; I already fired Nichkhun earlier today.” More gasps and whispers started. Nichkhun’s group were also shocked and scared about their outcome. “Nichkhun was the prime suspect of the incident and I can’t have someone so stupid, working for me. He did the unthinkable and he paid the ultimate price for it. He also cannot work in any field regarding female employees or customers. He has now ruined his career by making a sinful action. I am also aware of his actions cannot be done by himself. I am sure it was a team effort and I am currently investigating who the other occuplace are. I will deal with them personally. That topic is now done and discussed with, you all will talk about it no more. Understand?”

“YES!” All employees said in unison.

“On to the next topic of business. This retreat. Our company annual retreat is all about team building and getting to know your peers. It’s suppose to help strengthen the bond and trust with one another. A company doesn’t stand solely on one person. You must have a team trustworthy enough to build better and strive for a bright future for everyone. And you do that with people. So, because of the incident caused by a fellow employee, this retreat is now canceled.”

“What?!”

“Are you kidding?”

“It's all Nichkhun’s fault and now we have to go back to Seoul because of him!”

“This is bull, I actually like these retreats.”

Employees started to complain and bicker. The noise was getting louder.

Jessica massaged her temple slowly to ease her rising anger.

“SHUT UP! The CEO isn’t done talking!” Hyoyeon, the aggressive one yelled out. Everybody was now silent and full attention on Jessica.

“Are you all done talking?” Jessica asked.

“Yeeesssss….” Their voices were like kids getting scolded. They kind of did get scolded.

*sigh* “You will not be going back to Seoul. Just because I said the retreat is canceled, does not mean anything. You are all still obligated to stay on this island for the rest of the week. It’s like a paid vacation but with your fellow coworkers. Maybe you all could bond on your own time. You are all dismissed.” Jessica left the podium.

“YES!!!!” Everybody was happy that they didn’t need to go back home just yet.

“Let’s hit the beach!”

“Now I could really do some shopping.”

“The CEO is really scary but man, she is the best!”

Employees started to cheer.

“Oh my god, I can’t believe the CEO let us off the hook like that.” Bora didn’t know what was happening.

“This has never happened before. I don’t know if I should be thankful to Nichkhun.” Hyorin laughed.

“Yah! That jackass almost hurt Tiffany.” Soyou reminded.

“Oh! I’m sorry, I said that.” Hyorin apologized for earlier comment.

“It’s fine. I’m glad you guys are happy though. A vacation is well needed after what had happened.”

“See, even Tiffany agrees.”

 

----------------------------------------------

 

The group was now in a private room, watching Jessica casually sip some tea. Nobody dare speak of the sudden change of events. They knew the retreat would be canceled but they all thought they would head back to Seoul the next day. Not stay in Jeju for the remaining week

“Was that necessary?” Sunny didn’t know what to expect after Jessica was on stage.

“It was.”

“Can I ask why though?”

“So I could spend more time with Tiffany.”

“What?!” Never in a million years have they heard such a statement come out of their bosses mouth. It was unbelievable.

Sica is such a sap for the princess. Yuri thought.

Who knew my sister could be like that. God, she is so head over the heels for Tiff Unnie.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter