[6]

Red Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: With a whooping of 8,381 words and 17 pages on my google docs! I PRESENT CHAPTER 6 IN ONE BIG CHAPTER. You all voted for one chapter instead of two, so here it is. Took me a whole week to write this. So enjoy.

-Allister

 

Don't leave; I need you.

Don't leave; I want you.

Don't leave; I love you.

CHAPTER 6

 

Two weeks have passed since the trip to Jeju. Tiffany was doing her normal thing of keeping herself busy while Bora was at work. She has made frequent trips to see Sooyoung but she didn’t want to bother the kind doctor so much. They would chat over some tea and Sooyoung would even mention if she considered Jessica’s job offer. Tiffany didn’t have a problem with money since Taeyeon always provided for her. But with her being gone, a job would help. She did have a waitressing job back in college to support herself, and always knew when to save in case of emergencies. When she and Taeyeon got engaged, the latter asked her to stop working, so she could be the breadwinner for their family. A family with Taeyeon. It was all wishful thinking. Nothing has come up in the investigation. Jiwoong always tried to update her but it has been nothing really. Taeyeon was still missing, or so they say.

Tiffany got ready to do some job hunting and then afterwards grocery shopping for her and Bora. She exited the apartment complex and noticed a white Range Rover parked right in the middle. There stood leaning on the body of the car was a woman in a suit and shades. She was looking at her phone. Her blonde hair gave it away and Tiffany knew exactly who it was. Jessica Jung?

“You finally came out.”

“W-What?” Hearing Jessica’s voice always made Tiffany’s heart beat like crazy. She didn’t understand why.

“I was waiting for you.”

Waiting for me? “Why?”

“Too take you out, and besides I don’t have an answer yet.”

“I don’t know yet.”

“I have been waiting for two whole weeks, you know.”

“I just don’t know yet.” Tiffany looked away as she could feel Jessica stare.

Sunny said not to push it, but I just can’t. I need her. Jessica took long strides to Tiffany. Tiffany noticed and tried to step back until she felt a gentle warm touch, grab her hand. “Its hot, please get it so we could talk more. Please.” Jessica pleaded.

Those eyes. They look sad again. Why? “Okay.” Tiffany was helpless. Having a high class woman like Jessica Jung ask you to get in a car nicely, was strange. Her gentleness reminded her of Taeyeon’s, but it was different. Taeyeon was always like a bright light, warm and caring. With Jessica, she is feared and cold, yet gentle. Tiffany didn’t understand why the CEO was so persistent, but everytime Tiffany refused, she looked sad. Tiffany was confused. Jessica confuses her in so many ways.

The car ride was silent. Tiffany didn’t want to tell her that she was going to go job hunting, she only told the later about grocery shopping. Jessica agreed to take her to the market, in exchange for having lunch with her. Tiffany thought it wouldn’t hurt, so she agreed. They entered a fancy dining restaurant and Tiffany was ashamed because she was under dressed. She walked out of the apartment wearing jean shorts, a pink shirt, and converse. While Jessica was sporting a black and white suit. The other diners stared at her but Jessica each gave them an icy glare which people thought was intimidating. They were seated at a private table, for two far from the people’s eyes.

“Order whatever you like.” Jessica mentioned as she opened up the menu.

Tiffany nodded and looked over the menu. The menu was impressive as always. She didn’t like going to fancy restaurants with Taeyeon because they scared her. It was all too much for a girl like herself. Taeyeon was understanding about that and didn’t mind their status differences. The latter always took Tiffany, where ever she wanted to go. Tiffany sighed a couple of times, which Jessica saw. She has been staring at the girl this whole time. Damn. Why am I so stupid? Jessica tossed the menu on the table which made a sound. Tiffany got scared thinking Jessica was upset with her. “Lets go.” She stood up and grabbed Tiffany’s hand, and made her way outside. They got into the car and Jessica started the ignition. It was silent between the two again.

“Why did we leave? You said you wanted to eat.” Tiffany was tired of the silence. She didn’t like drama in her life, and Jessica was starting to confuse her even more.

“You didn’t like it in there.”

Huh, how did she know that? “How did you figure that out?”

“You were staring off into space, kept sighing, and you still make this face when you don’t like something.”

“I make a face?”

“Yes, you make a face. You looked uncomfortable.” Jessica ruffled her blonde hair and gripped the steering wheel tightly. “Where do you want to go?”

“Pardon me?” Tiffany was baffled at Jessica’s question as she looked at her.

“Where do you want to eat and I will drive us there?” Jessica finally looked at her. They stared at each other. Getting lost in each other.

Why does she keep looking at me like that, with those sad eyes?

 

----------------------------------------------

 

“You want to eat here?”

“Yes. I use to eat here all the time when I was in college.” The two entered a cafe which was well known for university students. It was affordable even when you were on a budget, and the food was great.

Jessica ordered kimchi fried rice and sparkling water, while Tiffany ordered a club sandwich and a strawberry shake. They sat down at a booth and waited for their order.

Jessica scrolled through her phone answering text messages and emails from people. Tiffany noticed that she hasn’t said anything since they got to the cafe.

“You probably don’t like it here either.” Hearing Tiffany say that made Jessica put down her phone and give her, her full attention. “A CEO like yourself would never step into a place as common and irrelevant as this cafe.” Tiffany drew imaginary circles on the table, but she knew Jessica was listening to her now.

“I've actually been here before.”

“What? Really?” This was news to Tiffany.

“Yes, a long time ago though. A friend recommended me this place for some good comfort food. There kimchi fried rice is one of my favorites here.” Jessica gave Tiffany a small smile as she looked up.

There it is again. Pounding rapidly everytime Jessica smiles at her. Her heart feels like it's going to burst out of her chest.

“Number 22, here is your food.” The waiter broke their gaze as he set the tray of food in front of them. He bowed and left them to enjoy their lunch.

Tiffany’s cheeks flushed red as she stole glances at the CEO enjoying her friend rice.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Lunch was enjoyable even though it was quiet between them. Now they were at the supermarket buying the list of stuff she needed for the apartment. Tiffany initially thought Jessica was going to drop her off at the market, but no. The CEO herself hopped out of the car and is now casually pushing a cart for Tiffany. Tiffany could feel people staring again. It was like this with Taeyeon but she didn’t care because she was dating her. But being friendly with one of South Korea’s top business entrepreneur was another thing. Tiffany questioned how she ended up always getting tangled with these rich people every so often.

After a hour of going through her list, she was now done. Her cart was full but it was stuff they needed for the apartment. They proceeded to head to the check out line to pay for everything. The items were rung and banged thanks to the cashier, and Tiffany was about to pay until Jessica stuck out her credit card for the cashier to take.

“Why did you do that?” Tiffany was going to pay for everything since it was hers and Bora’s necessities.

“I wanted too.” Jessica thanked the cashier and pushed the cart of stuff to her car.

“But I was going to pay for that.”

“No need.” Jessica opened her trunk and loaded up her car.

“You paid for lunch which was understandable but my groceries. Like seriously, who do you think you are to me?” Tiffany was baffled and confused at the same time.

Jessica just stared at her with an unfazed expression. She then walked around Tiffany and opened up the passenger door for her to get in.

Unbelievable. Didn’t even say a word.

The car ride was once again silent between the two.

They arrived at the apartment complex and once again Tiffany’s initial thought was Jessica dropping her and her groceries off. No. That didn’t happen. Jessica told Tiffany to wait buy the elevator and the CEO herself hauled each bag to the front of their doorstep. It was surreal. A powerful CEO like herself could make people do this work for her, but she did it herself. Tiffany even tried to help but she was rejected. Jessica said she needed to do this.

Bora opened the door and was shocked to find her boss boss and best friend standing there. At the foot of their feet were bags of groceries.

“How did this happen?”

“Hello, Yoon Bora. I took her out for lunch and accompanied her on the shopping. Now we are here. Where can I put all this?” Jessica explained in a monotone.

“Uhhh.. The kitchen.” Bora bowed and pointed out to where to place everything.

Jessica again, by herself carried every bag from the outside, to the inside.

“What is happening?” Bora dragged Tiffany to the hallway hoping to have a private conversation without Jessica hearing about it.

“She is so persistent. I don’t even know what it happening.”

“You are getting tied in with all my bosses.”

“Do you think I enjoy this? Their high status is very intimidating. Me dating Taeyeon was hard in the beginning and I feel like I’m having deja vu here.”

“Excuse me.” They both heard Jessica’s voice and they made their way back to the kitchen to see what she needed. Jessica was on here phone, tapping away most likely sending a messages. “I lost track of time. I have a business meeting in 30, so I didn’t get to finish putting everything away.”

“No, no! Fany and I will take care of the rest. Thank you again Ms. Jung.” Bora bowed.

Jessica bowed back, then step forward to face Tiffany. “You still owe me thanks. I hope to hear your answer soon. Come by the office whenever you decide. I hope to see you soon, Tiffany.” Jessica smiled.

Both girls wanted to faint right there. Jessica let herself out leaving the girls to space out.

“I never knew she could smile like that.” Bora commented.

My heart is beating fast again. Tiffany was flushed. I think thats the first time she has ever said my name before. Oh god, it hot. Why is it hot in here? She started to fan herself dramatically.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Two days. It took Tiffany whole two days to come up with a decision. Bora practically begged the latter to go for it, since they will be working in the same company. Tiffany was feeling guilty for choosing B&E since it rivals with Kim Corp. Bora went to work first and ask her if she could let Sunny know that she will be there for an interview. Tiffany was still amazed how grand looking the building is everytime she goes here to meet Bora. She also wanted to have lunch with Sunny or Soojung but didn’t want to bother them since she knew they were busy people. She entered the company and standing near the reception desk was Sunny. Tiffany was very fond of Sunny because their bubbly like personalities matched well with each other. Tiffany also liked seeing baby pictures of Sowon, she was the cutest.

“Good morning Secretary Lee.” Tiffany approached the shorter woman.

“You don’t have to be so formal with me just because we are here at the company. Just call me Sunny. Plus we are the same age.”

“Okay.” Tiffany shyly nodded.

The two walked to the elevator and Sunny pushed the last floor, which was the 47th one. It was indeed a tall building.

“The last floor is Sica’s. The 46th floor is mine and Soojung’s; then the 45th floor is Amber, Nicole, and Hyoyeon’s. Those are the hierarchies within us. I believe Bora is on the 30th floor for the financing team which Amber oversees.”

“Wow, amazing. I will make a note of that and also remember it as well.” Tiffany wiped out a small notebook from her pursue and wrote down some notes.

The 47th floor was like a small ride, but Sunny informed her there will be no interview which astonished her. Jessica had already planned to hire her right off the bat. She didn’t understand why but she knew the CEO was persistent on her joining the company. The last floor was beautiful. It had large windows to see all of Seoul and its many districts. You could even see the Han River. Tiffany was in awe again.

“When entering, always knock and then enter. Its like her hotel suite.” Sunny mentioned.

“Okay. Are you not joining us?”

“No, I still have some unfinished documents I need to look over. Then a business meeting in two hours.”

“Oh.” Tiffany was hoping she wouldn’t be alone with Jessica. At least having Sunny around would ease the tension that they have.

“You will be fine. Sica doesn’t bite.” Sunny patted her shoulder and entered the elevator once again, leaving Tiffany behind.

It was quiet, but the view was gorgeous. Tiffany mustered up the courage to face Jessica. After their previous meeting, it was all confusing. She actually couldn’t stop thinking about the blonde haired woman. She left such a big impression on her, and it was hard. She also thought about Taeyeon too. Tiffany was in a pickle.

She knocked, and turned the handle door slightly. Opened the room to peak her head through the crevice. At the end of the room was a large desk with many papers and desktop computer. But nobody was sitting there. She opened the door more and let herself in. Should I leave or should I stay? “Hello?” It was like the suite scene played in her head all over again. There was a sofa couch on the side accompanied with a coffee table. She decided to make herself comfortable there until Jessica arrived.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Sunny got down to her floor in a matter of seconds since it was just one floor down. She noticed Jessica talking to Krystal in her office through the glass door. She didn’t know she would be down here. She didn’t even inform her boss of Tiffany’s arrival either. Maybe she should have. She knocked once and gave the two sisters a smile when they both looked at her. Jessica gestured her to come in.

“I didn’t know you would be down here Sica.”

“I came looking for you but Soojung said you went down to the lobby. Was Sooyoung down there waiting for you?”

“No, the princess was.”

“What did you say?” That got Jessica’s attention.

The statement even made Krystal jump up and down, out of her seat. “Tiff Unnie is here?! Unnie, you better not screw things up.” She lightly smacked her older sister on the shoulder.

“Me, screw things up? That can’t be possible.”

That comment made both girls roll their eyes at their boss. “Really? What about the situation at Jeju?”

“I succeeded at that.”

“She thinks you are crazy.”

“I made a big impression! I even bought her lunch, and groceries two days ago.” Jessica showed two fingers to emphasize the two days to Sunny.

“Well, she is upstairs, waiting for you; while you are here lagging five thousand years.” Sunny said, as she left Krystal’s office to go to her own.

“I should have brought her flowers. Do you think she still likes pink roses?” Jessica asked her sister.

“I’m pretty sure she does, if she still likes strawberries. Unnie, remember she is still the same. You just have to play your cards right.” Krystal went back to work on her computer.

“Right, I got this.” Jessica was about to leave the office until Krystal cleared to get her sister’s attention again.

“Don’t scare her, okay?”

“I won’t hurt my princess. I promise that.”

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Tiffany waited five whole minutes until she heard the click of the door opening. She tensed up and as Jessica entered the office.

“Forgive me on my lateness.” Jessica was wearing a red suit, with a white button up to complement the bright red color.

“No, its okay. I wasn’t waiting long. Were you in a meeting?” Tiffany give feel a blush coming on. She couldn’t understand why she always feels like this everytime she sees Jessica. It was like Taeyeon all over again but it felt much more familiar.

“No, I was talking to my sister. I don’t attend meetings for the company. I hate the spotlight.” Jessica walked to her desk and pulled out some papers from the drawer. “I typed out this contract weeks ago for you to sign. You could read it, if you like.” She walked back and handed the stapled documents to Tiffany.

“Okay, thank you.” Tiffany thoroughly read what the objectives for being Jessica’s personal secretary. It didn’t have any outrageous points but jung simple and straightforward task.

Accompany the CEO at all times

Do tasks when asked

Report to either the CEO or higher secretary (which was Sunny)

No back talking

And the pay, had Tiffany’s mouth agape. It was high. Like she could buy a house within her first two months of working here. “Is this correct, under payment?” She had to ask.

“Yes. It will be directly deposited to your account. If you need more, I could give you more.” Jessica stopped what she was doing and looked at the woman on the sofa.

“No, no, this is enough.” She shyly whispered but Jessica heard it.

“Let me know if you need anything else.” Jessica went back to type on her computer.

Tiffany signed the documents as needed. She then talked over to hand them to Jessica. “Are we starting today?”

“I don’t have any assignments today since I didn’t even know of your arrival.”

Oh so she didn’t know.

“But, some tea would be nice. It isn’t a lot to do, so would you also like to join me for lunch?” Jessica looked up to gaze at her.

Tiffany was stuck. Everytime she would lock gazes and Jessica, its like there is nothing else. Nobody but them. It felt right.

“Yes.” Tiffany was completely captivated by Jessica’s charm. She was falling deeper. It was fast which scared and confused her. But her heart kept tugging her to give in to this blonde haired CEO.

“Good.” Jessica smiled. Tiffany swore she fell deeper. “You could make me anything. The kettle and mugs are all there near the window on the bookshelf.”

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Jessica was finally done. She rubbed her neck to relieve the tension on her neck. Krystal earlier barged into the office insisting to have a conversation with Tiffany. It was now time to have lunch with her. She went to the elevator to go down one floor. There in Krystal’s office, was Krystal, Amber, Nicole and Hyoyeon. All talking to Tiffany.

What in the world, are they all doing here?!

Krystal could see her sister with an unamused look. “Whoops, I think we made the boss mad?”

Everybody turned their heads to see Jessica standing there with her arms crossed beyond the glass door.

“That's our cue to leave.” Hyoyeon whispered.

The three unwanted guest left Krystal’s office, without not forgetting to bow at the boss herself.

“Why were the three hooligans all in here too?” Jessica’s question made Tiffany giggle.

“One of those hooligans is my girlfriend, and then the other is our cousin. Hyoyeon is the only holigan; that choding.” Krystal scoffed.

“I am taking Tiffany back, we are having lunch together.”

“She told me. Are you picking the place or is she?” Krystal gingerly smiled.

I don’t want her to choose anything fancy. Tiffany pondered and lowered her head.

Jessica observed Tiffany when Krystal asked the question. “She is. She could pick wherever she wants to eat at.”

Tiffany looked up to see Jessica staring at her. Jessica looked happy in Tiffany’s eyes.

Oh god, I need help. These two are totally making googly eyes at each other. Makes me want to barf, how whipped my sister is for her princess. “Ahem.” The younger Jung faked a cough. “Since you are done, and I kept Tiff Unnie company. You guys should be on your merry way now. I still have work to do.”

Jessica scoffed at her sister’s antics. “Whatever, once we leave; you are going to call Amber up here again so you could have lunch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter