[2]

Red Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I need you safe. Can you do that for me?

 

CHAPTER 2

 

My head is hurting. God, my body aches. My gosh, am I dead?!

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes and was greeted to an all white ceiling. There was this constant beeping which slightly irritated her.

“Mom, the ahjumma is awake.” A tiny voice echoed in the room.

Ahjumma? What ahjumma?

Tiffany heard light footsteps and a door opening and then closing. She attempts to lift her head to see who it was but was halted before doing so.

“Whoa, slow down. Your body is still in shock.” A tall woman, with short brunette hair wearing a lab coat pulled a rolling stool to sit next to Tiffany’s bed.

“Where am I? Who are you?”

“You are at my clinic. My name is Choi Sooyoung, a local doctor in the area. How do you feel?”

“Oh, I have a massive headache. What happened to me?”

Sooyoung let out a light sigh. “Well, I was on my way to pick up my daughter at school and I saw you on the bridge. I was wondering why a beautiful woman in a wedding dress was doing outside. You looked cold, and exhausted. It seemed like you didn’t want to live anymore, and I couldn’t let that happen. You closed your eyes and leaned over the railing, but I caught you in time before anything bad could happen.”

Tiffany listened to the kind doctor’s explanation but it only made it worse. She remembered everything. All the pain, sadness, and anger she was feeling. It was all coming back. She started to cry again. It startled Sooyoung and she didn’t know what to do. She felt bad.

“Ahjumma.” The tiny voice called out. Tiffany turned her head and was greeted by a small cute looking girl, with big brown eyes. “Ahjumma looks like a princess. Princess’s shouldn’t cry.” She began to wipe Tiffany’s tears with a small napkin. Her gesture warmed Tiffany’s heart.

“What’s your name sweetheart?” Tiffany gave a small smile.

Tiffany’s smile made the young girl smile wide. “Sowon! Choi Sowon! My Mommys named me!”

“Mommys?”

“I have two Mommys and many Aunties!”

Sooyoung chuckled at her daughter’s explanation. “Sowon, why don’t we let Miss…. Uhhh…” Sooyoung didn’t even know her own patients name since Tiffany didn’t have any form of ID on her when she passed out.

“I’m sorry. My name is Tiffany Hwang.”

“Ms. Hwang, we should let her eat. It will help make you feel better.” Sooyoung brought over a rolling tray placed with a bowl of porridge, side of fruit, a cup of tea, and a glass of water. “Some essential ingredients to keep a healthy body. It will also help regain energy. I don’t know what you been through but the state you are in, it seems pretty terrible.”

“Thank you. I appreciate all this. I don’t know what I was thinking but some part of me is glad I’m still here.”

Sooyoung let out a smile. “I’m glad you feel that way. This red button is like a buzzer, and lets me know if you need anything. Please don’t hesitate to push it.  Come Sowon, let's give Ms. Hwang some privacy.”

“Okay.” Sowon started to pout. “Then we could play, when she is better.”

“You would have to ask sweetie.”

Sowon looked over her shoulder before she stepped out of the room for a confirmation.

She is so cute. How could I say no to that face. “We will definitely play when I am better.”

“YEAH!” Sowon squealed in happiness and left Tiffany’s room with a huge grin plastered on her face.

 

--------------------------------------

 

Tiffany stayed a whole day at Sooyoung’s clinic. Sooyoung even brought a change of clothes for her so she could shower and feel better for her body. “Thank you for everything. I don’t know how to repay you.”

“No need. I did this out of the kindness of my heart. Plus, Sowon has taken a liking to you.”

“Yes, she has.” Tiffany looked down to the small frame that was literally hugging both her legs together. She caressed the the top of her head gently.

Sooyoung kneeled down trying to pry her daughter off of Tiffany’s legs. “Sweetie, Ms. Hwang needs to leave now.”

“But, we didn’t even get to play for that long.” As she looked up to meet Tiffany’s gaze.

“We will play more next time.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Promise.” Sowon stuck out her pinky for Tiffany.

“I promise.” Tiffany intertwined their pinkies and made a heart symbol to lock the promise in place.

“Yeah!” Sowon turned around and jumped into her mom’s embrace.

“Gosh you are so big. I feel like I shouldn’t be carrying you anymore.” Sooyoung mumbled.

Tiffany bowed which Sooyoung ree as well. “I will visit, and bring you guys some lunch. It will be my thanks.”

“That sounds nice. Maybe next time I will introduce my wife to you.”

“I would love that.” And with that said Tiffany bid a final goodbye to the kind doctor and her daughter. It was time to face it. The reality in which she tried to run away. I guess God still wants her around. Fate is really funny sometimes. Tiffany didn’t want to go home. Home is no longer a home with the person you once shared it with for the past 3 years is not there anymore. She didn’t want to go to the Kim residence either, it would be to awkward and seeing the siblings will only remind her of her. The Kim siblings are nearly identical even though they are all different ages. She decided where she wanted to go and found herself already walking into an apartment building. Pushed the button for the elevator going up, stepped in, and waited for it to stop at the designated floor she wanted. Exited the elevator and walked towards the apartment room she wanted to go too. She rang the doorbell and heard frantic footsteps just beyond the other side of the door.

Bora had engulfed Tiffany in a tight hug.

 

--------------------------------------

 

“Mom?” Sowon was still being carried carried by Sooyoung as they walked down the hall.

“Yes sweetie?”

“Why did Mom lie?”

“Lie?”

“You told Ms.Tippany that you saved her.”

“We are protecting her.” Sooyoung stopped walking as she reached the door she needed to enter and knocked. “The princess needs to be protected.” Then they proceeded to enter it.

 

--------------------------------------

 

Tiffany was quiet, it scared Bora. Bora didn’t want to pry and ask her what happened for the 24 hours she was missing. The Kims wanted to do a police investigation but Tiffany’s siblings said she will eventually show up. They know how strong Tiffany can be. Tiffany had lost her mother to an illness when she was younger and her father wasn't in the picture much. She was practically raised by her older brother and older sister. Tiffany just layed there, on Bora’s couch. Without a word said between the two, it was awfully eerie.

“I wanted to do it.” Tiffany finally said. Bora just stared at her best friend waiting for her to continue. “I wanted to go where Taeyeon was.”

“But we don’t even know where she is.” Bora answered.

Somehow hearing Bora’s statement put a small smile on Tiffany’s face. “That's true. She could have just said that she didn’t want to marry me.”

“Tiffany.”

“You know, a doctor saved me before I could do any harm. She took care of me and she has the cutest daughter too. They are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter