TEN

His Experiment

JUNG TAEKWOON || ANGEL OF DARKNESS

Taekwoon learned to keep himself under control when he thought of what Hakyeon learned him, but he still feared for himself. He wasn't an ordinary angel of darkness, he also had a demonic side that caused his eyes to turn black and to control minds. It didn't make him to love himself more, but he wasn't going to hate himself for it. He also didn't choose for it to be taken away by two angels in order to become one himself.

It had been 2 years since Taekwoon escaped and he still lived in the house where he fled to after he escaped. Taekwoon had forgotten about the time he was with Hakyeon and Hakyeon only became a name in his memories, Taekwoon no longer remembered Hakyeon's face.

He sat on the windowsill of his bedroom window and looked at the dark forest that surrounded him. Hakyeon hadn't found him so far and Taekwoon was glad that he could finally live in peace. He still hoped to find Wonshik, Sanhyuk and Hongbin one day, so that he could reunite with them. But the risk of falling into Hakyeon's hands again was too high.

Hakyeon ,in the mean time, continued to create new angels, but Taekwoon never left his mind. What he felt for Taekwoon, was unreal. And until this day, his heart was broken. He still felt guilty that Taekwoon didn't get the attention anymore as he deserved when he was working on new angels and this made him feel that he couldn't date anyone else but Taekwoon.

''Hakyeon-ah!'' Hakyeon looked up when he heard his name. Hongbin had entered the building and approached Hakyeon with a smile.

''Good to see you, Hongbin. How are you doing?'' Hakyeon asked and Hongbin smiled. The two took a seat together and Hakyeon looked at Hongbin's wings, before he looked back at Hongbin.

''I'm doing very well aswell as Wonshik and Sanhyuk. They're doing well too.'' Hongbin answered Hakyeon's question and Hakyeon was relieved to see that the angels were doing well. The previous time that Wonshik came here, Wonshik told Hakyeon that he hasn't seen Taekwoon ever since they were released. So none of the three angels could tell Hakyeon how Taekwoon was doing. But one thing was for sure, they felt guilty to what they've done to Taekwoon.

''Good to hear that from you, good to hear that Wonshik and Sanhyuk are doing well too. The three of you aren't the ones I have to be concerned about.'' Hakyeon said and his expression changed to sadness. No matter how much he missed Taekwoon, he was still worried about Taekwoon. How could he let a dangerous angel like Taekwoon go?

Hongbin noticed the sad expression and he placed a hand on Hakyeon's shoulder, resulting in Hakyeon looking up at him.

''Worried about Taekwoon?'' Hongbin asked and Hakyeon nodded. Hakyeon couldn't leave Taekwoon out of his mind, because Taekwoon was pretty much his first love.

Could he still find Taekwoon back?

_____________________________________________

Taekwoon had no issues with forgetting about Hakyeon. He only could thank Hakyeon for giving him an immortal life, but he couldn't thank him for turning Taekwoon into an angel... an angel of darkness to be exact.

Taekwoon didn't want to say that he was lonely, because he was glad to have no one around him now. But yet again, he was a nobody. He was far away from everyone and even though it sounded like as if it was his fault, he couldn't hurt anyone now. He was scared that he no longer could keep his darker side under control, so it was better that he stayed away from everyone.

Every now and then, Taekwoon saw people walk past his house and they clearly enjoyed walking through the forest. It stung Taekwoon when he saw the smile on their faces, because it showed how happy they were. Sadly, Taekwoon couldn't be as happy as these people were. Taekwoon only felt abandoned.

But then, he saw black figures coming from the back of the forest and his eyes widened when he saw who one of them was... Hongbin. Taekwoon immediately jumped off the windowsill and folded his wings as he sat down against the wall. He still could see them and they came closer to 'his' house. Taekwoon hoped that they would walk past this place and leave him behind, because he wasn't coming with them.

To his sadness, the two managed to make their way inside ,Taekwoon was stupid enough to keep the door unlocked this time, and Taekwoon carefully tried to hide. Taekwoon hid in the closet and held his breath. He would do everything to stay here, he wasn't coming with Hongbin and that other angel. He didn't want to go through the same again.

The two angels made their way to Taekwoon's bedroom and Taekwoon could hear them talk about how surprised they are to see an abandoned house decorated like this.

''Is this a place where Taekwoon could hide?'' Hakyeon asked and Hongbin nodded. Hongbin was pretty sure that Taekwoon would take these houses as a place to hide. The two kept looking and it was Hongbin who opened the closet, revealing a scared Taekwoon.

''There you are.'' Hongbin said with a smile and it was then that Hakyeon rushed to Taekwoon, before he wrapped his arms around Taekwoon and started to cry. 

Taekwoon looked confused at Hongbin, as if Taekwoon tried to make clear why this angel had the guts to pull him in for a hug.

''Taekwoon-ah, you don't remember him? It's your creator, Hakyeon. He felt guilty that he didn't looked after you when he was creating new angels and he never gave up the hope to find you again. You don't know him anymore?'' Hongbin was surprised, but he probably would've done the same if he was Taekwoon.

Hakyeon didn't hear it, he held Taekwoon tight and tears kept streaming down his cheeks.

''I-I stay here, I'm not leaving again.'' Taekwoon stuttered and bit his lip. He tried to push Hakyeon away from him, but Hakyeon's grip was too strong.

''Yes, you come with me. I'm not going to abandon you again, like I did earlier. I want to make it up to you, Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon said as he closed his eyes and inhaled the scent of Taekwoon. He missed this for two years and his hope to find Taekwoon never fade away.

Hakyeon opened his eyes and pulled Taekwoon out of the closet, before he got up as he pulled Taekwoon with him. Taekwoon's wings spread wide and Hongbin swallowed when he saw these wings again. It has been two years, but that didn't mean he wasn't scared anymore.

Hakyeon was reunited with the angel he never stopped to love... Taekwoon.