Chap 8

Certificate of a Daughter

CHAPTER VIII

 

I’m not sad that you hate me, rather I’m sad giving up someone who won’t give up on me.

 

 

“Rosé-shi, can I see you for a moment?” Rosé’s superior stop by her desk right after came in the office before leaving for her room.

Rosé nods and followed her.

”So, how’s your discussion with our client yesterday?” the first thing she asks while taking a sit on her chair behind the desk.

“Actually…I have something to tell you today,” Rosé slowly speaks.

Her superior nods. “Go ahead.”

“I’m going to….”

(phone ringing)

“Hold on,” her superior stops Rosé and answer the phone calls.

Rosé smiles and nods lightly. After the superior ends the call, she turns looking at Rosé and smiles towards her.

“I’m sorry. That was an important call. I had to pick it up,” her superior said.

Rosé shook her head. “Never mind.”

“So, what were you saying just now?” her superior ask again.

“Erm- I actually had an issue with the client yesterday. And I’ve been thinking for a while that I wanted to re….”

“Actually,” Rosé was interrupted by her superior. “I was going to talk to you about that as well,” her superior said. “I know that I’ve been telling you that I was going to assist you throughout this project, but Rosé-shi, I’m really sorry about what I’m going to say right now,” she continued.

“What’s the matter?” Rosé asks.

“I’m going to resign.”

Rosé shocked.

“B..ut why?” Rosé stutters.

“I’m leaving this country. Following my husband for his work. Might not returned,” she said. “So, I really hope that you could save my face in front of the boss…” (laugh) “…since I recommended you and do a good job on this project. I know you can do it. I put my trust in you, okay?”

Rosé stunned.

“Okay, I have to meet my boss now to say goodbye. Go and continue your work,” Rosé’s superior says as leaving her desk.

“What kind of bad luck am I facing right now?” Rosé sighed heavily.

***

(phone ringing)

“Hi, Rosié,” the person over the phone speaks.

“Hi. Who is this?” Rosé asking.

“Jungkook,” he replied shortly.

Rosé went silent. Her heavy sigh could be heard suddenly over the phone. As she was about to end the call, Jungkook speaks.

“That was a very heavy sigh,” he said.

“Because the call came from unwanted caller,” says Rosé.

“You really hated me that much, huh?” he asks.

Rosé didn’t answer.

“Anyway, have you come out with new ideas and plans for us?” Jungkook asks again.

“You really did nothing, is it?” Rosé replied with a question back.

“Huh?”

“I’ve emailed to you the new files this afternoon. Inclusive of three proposals. Did you not check your email at all? Referring to the time now, I guess you’re not really serious on this work, aren’t you? Anyway, please review it first and let me know if you’re still unsatisfied so that I can resign without feeling guilty,” (tut) Rosé ends the call.

(phone rings again)

“WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?” Rosé slightly shouted.

“Whoa! Calm your girl. It’s me, Lisa,” says Lisa over the phone.

“Oh- sorry Lisa. I thought it was some weird callers that has been calling me since morning,” Rosé lies.

“Never mind, honey bunch,” (Lisa giggles) “Do you have time for an early dinner?” she asks.

“I’m not sure. I might have to be working late today,” Rosé says.

“Oh is it? Hm I was going to ask the five of us to try out the new restaurants near your office. It’s my friends’ restaurant,” Lisa pouted.

“Aww I’m so sorry baby girl,” Rosé whined “I really can’t. I have loads of work after my resignation gets rejected without even being proposed yet,” Rosé sighed heavily and rolled her eyes.

“Huh?” Lisa shocked. “What do you mean?”

“I was going to hand over the resignation letter this afternoon, but then my boss tells me she’s going to resign right after she came in for work. So she hopes that I can do a good job on the current project I’m working on,” Rosé spills.

Lisa laughed out loud over the phone.

“I guess you’re meant to work for the client you mess up with then,” Lisa says.

“Lisaaaa!!” Rosé cried.

Lisa laughed again. “Why? What?”

Rosé took a deep breath. “You know what? That’s it. I quit. I’m not going to work on this, no more. I quit! I quit! I quit!”

 

10.30PM

“Where the hell did I save the current files in? Oh my god, this is so frustrating!!” Rosé mumbled to herself while finishing the final outline for the project she’s working on.

Happy birthday to you~
Happy birthday to you~
Happy birthday to Roséanne Park~
Happy birthday to you~

Rosé startled. She looks at the entrance of her office and sees Jiyeon, Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo while holding a cake on Jisoo’s hand. A smile was formed on her lips. She almost cried out loud towards the girls.

“What is this?!” Rosé slightly shouted.

“It’s a cake sis,” Lisa bluntly replied.

Rosé laughed.

“Yeah, I literally know this is a cake but what’s the occasion?” Rosé asks.

“It’s Rosé’s birthday!” Jiyeon exclaimed.

“It’s not my birthday though?” Rosé’s eyebrows twitch.

“It’s not Park Chaeyoung’s birthday, it’s Roséanne Park’s birthday. The birth of Roséanne Park,” says Jisoo.

“Yesh!” Jennie clapped happily.

Rosé’s tears forms in her eyes. She is happy, touched and sad at the same time.

“Hey, why the tears?” Jennie gives her a tissue.

“Should I be happy? Or should I be sad? But I’m really touched and thankful to you guys. If not for all of you, am I going to still be well and alive until now?” Rosé talks silently.

“Why are saying this? Come on, Rosié. We’re here to be happy and lift up your spirit for work, okay? No crying! Crying is prohibited for tonight,” Lisa nagged.

Rosé smiled and nods.

“Come to think of it, weren’t you saying you’re going to quit this evening over the phone? Why the sudden late night work?” Lisa sneered playfully.

All of them laughed.