Chap 10

Certificate of a Daughter

CHAPTER X

 

I never realised that you are all I need until you left.

 

 

9.17AM

“Do you really have to do this?”

Jungkook laughed while seeing Rosé standing in front of his desk holding a box full of her stuff from her office with a grumpy face. She sighed hard. Rosé can’t believe that Jungkook made her transfer to his office by coaxing her employer.

“You’re the one who makes it difficult for me,” Jungkook says.

Jungkook stands up from his seat and walks closer towards Rosé. He took the box on Rosé’s hand and puts it on his desk. He sits down at the edge of his desk, facing Rosé who was standing in front of him very closely. Rosé flustered. She avoids looking in his eyes.

“You’re so…weird? No. Not weird. I must say special,” Jungkook utters.

“What are you saying? So suddenly,” Rosé mumbled while shaking her right legs, feeling nervous. She is still not looking at Jungkook.

Jungkook grins.

“I mean, you’re sometimes very bold. But sometimes very anxious,” he says.

Rosé kept silent.

“Are you nervous right now?” Jungkook moves his face closer towards Rosé.

Rosé immediately turns her body away from Jungkook. And laughed it off to chase away her nervousness. She fan herself several times and walks around in Jungkook’s office. Jungkook giggles watching her.

“Err…so where do I sit?” Rosé asks bluntly.

“Here.”

“Huh?” Rosé frowns.

“Here. Inside this office. I’ll be observing your work, so you have to stay here with me,” says Jungkook.

Rosé rolls her eyes.

“Why don’t you just move me to your home?” Rosé sneer at him.

“Oh- good idea! Should I pick you and your things after work?” Jungkook jokes back. Rosé snuffle. Her eyebrows twitch and her lips pouted.

Jungkook moves back to his seat.

“Can I ask you something?” he said as he sits down.

Rosé lifts her eyebrows.

“Since you already know that I’m doing a background check up on you, so I’ll just be frank, alright?” Jungkook starts off. Rosé nods. “Are you an orphans?” he asks.

Rosé looks away.

“Can you ask anything else but that?” Rosé quietly answered.

“Did I offend you with that question? Or did I make you feeling sad?” Jungkook asks again. Rosé immediately shoot him with fiery eyes.

“Do you really have no idea on how to nicely talk to people?” she utters.

“I guess I offend you then,” Jungkook shrugs his shoulder.

Rosé shook her head, disbelief.

“Alright, I’m sorry okay,” he apologizes. “I’ll ask another question then. Hm, who is the little girl who was with your friend the other day? When we first met at the café to discuss work? Your sister?” he asks again.

“Why is it important that you have to know?” Rosé questioned him back.

“You tell me to ask?!”

“Well, her relationship with me are not related to work and not important for you to know. So, why bother? Besides, she got nothing to do with you. It’s not like she’s your daughter that you have to bother so much,” Rosé shrugs. She cross her arms over her chest.

“Yeah, of course not. She’s like what? 5 years old? We only knew each other 3 years ago. Besides, I never slept you,” Jungkook mumbled.

“Excuse me,” Rosé squint looking at Jungkook. “Did I say we have something going on in the past? And since when did I say I knew you 3 years ago?” she questions.

Jungkook smirked.

“You clearly knows I did background check up on you, Ms. Park,” Jungkook said.

“And are you really that confident that you knew me since 3 years ago?” Rosé provoke him.

“Ms. Park, just like how you were so confident in your production team, I am also very confident with my right hand man,” says Jungkook, proudly.

Rosé shrugs off her shoulder.

 

12.30PM

“Should we go for lunch?”

Rosé looks up to Jungkook. She pointed to herself. “Me?”

“Did you see anyone else in here?” asks Jungkook.

Rosé rolls her eyes. “Go ahead. I don’t eat lunch,” she says. “At least not with you, Mr. Jeon,” she added with a slightly smile form on her lips before turning back to her laptop, working hardly on the project with Jungkook so that she can leave the office as soon as possible.

“Suit yourself then,” Jungkook says and left.

 

5.23PM

Rosé rolls herself on the couch inside the lounge room while holding her stomach which is in pain. She reaches out her hand for her phone on the table in front of her and starts to type Jennie’s phone numbers. The phone was ringing several times before being picked up.

“Yes Chae?” Jennie voice was heard.

“Unnie, can you help me?” Rosé groans.

“Chaeyoung-ah! What happened to you? Why are you groaning?” Jennie anxiously asks as she heard Rosé’s voice.

“Can you send me emergency food? I didn’t have lunch this afternoon and my stomach is so in pain right now. Can you? I will send you my location later,” Rosé’s voice sounded very weak.

“Okay! I’ll be there as fast as I can,” Jennie assures.

Rosé phone slips from her hand before she passed out.

 

9.37PM

Rosé frowns. Her head ache so much. She slowly opens her eyes to find out that she is laying down on a bed, inside a room that is not her room and also is not the lounge room. She looks at the person sitting, crossing arms and legs beside her.

“Where am I?” she asks.

“Hospital.”

Rosé sighs heavily.

“Thank you for bringing me here, Mr. Jeon,” she thanked Jungkook.

“I know that you hated me so much to the extent that you have no appetite to swallow any food, but if you know that your stomach cannot stand if you’re not having lunch, you should at least secretly eat or buy food,” Jungkook nagged, with a serious face.

“Stop being so serious. That expression does not suit you,” Rosé weakly laugh.

Jungkook snuffle.

“Where is Jennie unnie? I called her to bring me food. I was going to eat secretly, you know?” Rosé still playfully jokes with Jungkook.

Jungkook looks away.

“She went to send that little girl home,” says Jungkook.

“Oh,” Rosé replied shortly.

“You’re awake?” someone interrupted.

“Oh Jisoo unnie!” Rosé exclaimed.

Jisoo smile to her and nods once to Jungkook.

“Yah, I told you already to grab something before leaving to work right? You barely grab lunch yesterday, didn’t take dinner last night, skip breakfast this morning and now what? You’re not even taking lunch? I’m going to spank you with kimbab later on at home. You wait!” Jisoo nagged her.

Rosé grins.

“Here, I cook you some soup and food. Eat while it’s hot,” says Jisoo while arranging the food bowl on the over-bed tables.

“Thank you unnie,” Rosé exclaimed in a high tone.

“I brought some for you too, Mr. Jeon,” Jisoo looks at Jungkook.

“Oh- you don’t have to actually,” Jungkook flustered.

“It’s okay. Jennie would like to thank you for bringing Rosé to the hospital. She couldn’t come again to thank you personally since she had to put Jiyeon to sleep, so I come on her behalf. Besides, I also wanted to thank you for looking after her while we’re away,” Jisoo said, smiling.

“It’s not a big deal. Thank you for the meal,” Jungkook accepted the food from Jisoo.