Chap 26

Certificate of a Daughter

CHAPTER XXVI

The secret of getting ahead is getting started – Mark Twain.

 

 

“Why are you here so early?” Rosé asks, while standing in front of Jungkook who came extra early at the front door. She looked at the watch on her wrist and look back at Jungkook who is still smiling.

“I talked to Jiyeon yesterday over phone call and we were thinking that it’s going to be a long drive to go to the sea, so I came early. Have you packed yet?” Jungkook asks enthusiastically.

Rosé frowns.

“Pack what?” she asked.

“Pack your clothes,” Jungkook answered.

“It’s going to be a one-day trip only, Jungkook-shi,” Rosé slightly smile. Jungkook chuckles.

“Yes, I know. But we’re going to the sea. What if you get wet while playing? Or you get uncomfortable along the trip? If you bring extra clothes, you can change right?” Jungkook said. Rosé stares at him blankly.

“Daddy!” Jiyeon suddenly shouted from behind Rosé. She startled.

“Gosh Jiyeon!” Rosé exclaimed.

“Good morning, princess,” Jungkook waves to her daughter. Rosé turns to look at Jiyeon who is running towards Jungkook and hug him. Jiyeon gave him a kiss on both his cheeks as well. Just like how Jiyeon always do it with Rosé whenever she left for school.

“Let’s go inside,” Jiyeon pulled Jungkook’s hand inside the house.

Rosé rolled her eyes and closed the door. She walked inside as well, following her daughter and Jungkook. Both the father and daughter sit in the living room while Rosé went straight to the kitchen. She brings out sandwiches that she had made earlier before Jungkook came and put it on the dining table.

“Have you eaten? Here some sandwich. Self-service while I’m packing,” Rosé purposely emphasized the word ‘packing’. Jungkook smile and mouthed ‘Thank you’.

Rosé went upstairs to pack up. As she were packing up, Lisa crossed in front of her room. She frowns and enters Rosé’s room, leaning on the cupboard in front of the bed and crossing her arms.

“Lisa-ah, what should I bring?” Rosé asks Lisa.

“Where are you planning on going?” Lisa asks back.

“To the sea. He told me to pack up since it’s going to be a long drive. Just in case I feel uncomfortable and wanted to change,” Rosé told Lisa. Lisa narrowed her eyes and smiled sneakily.

“I have a feeling you’re going to spend a night together tonight,” Lisa grins.

“Uh-uh,” Rosé shakes her finger. “I’ll make sure we’ll be back by today,” Rosé assures. Lisa chuckles and nods.

“Okay I’ll be waiting then,” Lisa said.

Rosé smirked and fold her clothes. “What else, Lisa? Come on!” Rosé said.

“Just in case right?” Lisa making sure. Rosé nods. Lisa thinks for a while. “Just in case,” Lisa repeated. “-bring your pyjama…”

“Lisa!!!” Rosé exclaimed.

“What? I said just in case. You wouldn’t want to sleep in your clothes you’ve been wearing the whole day if you stuck there right?” Lisa told her. Rosé sighed and nods. She agrees to what Lisa is saying. Lisa also nods, satisfied. “Your phone charger. You need to update us what happened,” Lisa lifts her eyebrows several times.

Rosé pulls the pillow on her bed and throw it to Lisa.

“I swear you’re so annoying, you know,” Rosé glares at her.

“Okay, okay. Hm your skincare, makeup if you need one, bras and , socks just in case you get cold at night. But if you prefer hugs you can discard the socks,” Lisa still jokes around. Rosé rolled her eyes.

“Thanks Lisa for your help,” Rosé sneered at Lisa.

Lisa chuckles and left Rosé’s room. Rosé sighed as Lisa left.

“I think everything needed is here,” Rosé mumbled to herself. She then walked to Jiyeon’s room and packed her stuff also before going downstairs. She put her and Jiyeon’s bag on the couch and went to the kitchen.

She cleans up the kitchen and went back to the living room.

“Did I….” Rosé saw Jennie at the stairs, standing stealthily. “…wake up in a wrong house?” Jennie said.

  1. wrong, unnie?” Rosé asked.

Jennie chuckles.

“Nothing’s wrong. It’s just that the view this morning is a bit different from before. I almost thought I woke up in your family house,” said Jennie, referring to Jungkook’s existence in the living room playing with Jiyeon.

Rosé rolled her eyes.

“Don’t be annoying like Lisa as soon as you wake up, unnie,” Rosé said. Jennie laugh even harder as Rosé walks to the living room. Jennie followed her and took a seat in front of Jungkook.

“Where are you planning on taking them? I thought you’re only going to play?” Jennie asked Jungkook.

“We are going to the beach. I thought they might get uncomfortable during the trip so I had them bring clothes to change,” Jungkook told Jennie. She nods, understand. Jungkook turns to look at Rosé. “Finished?” he asked Rosé. Rosé nods lightly.

“We’ll be back by today, right?” Rosé double-confirm Jungkook.

He smiles and nods.

“Okay let’s go!” Jungkook exclaimed and took Rosé as well as Jiyeon’s bag and bring it to his car. He starts the engine and drove away from the house.

The drive took a long time that both Rosé and Jiyeon falls asleep along the way. Maybe because they woke up too early this morning too. Jungkook look at the sleeping Rosé by his side. He caress her hair and smiles.

“Daddy,” Jiyeon called, whispering. Jungkook startled. He look at the back of his seat, seeing Jiyeon silently giggling. Jungkook shyly smile and put his finger on his lips, signalling Jiyeon to silent. Jiyeon nods. Jungkook took of his jacket and place it on top of Rosé’s body.

“Let’s go out,” Jungkook silently asked Jiyeon.

Both Jungkook and Jiyeon went out of the car and walk to the beach to play.

***

Rosé woke up realizing that both Jungkook and Jiyeon is not in the car. She sees the jacket that Jungkook place it on her and unknowingly smile. She looks outside and see Jungkook and Jiyeon were playing chasing after another by the beach. Rosé took Jungkook’s jacket, turn off the engine and left the car to join them.

“Are you guys having fun without me?” Rosé exclaimed while walking towards them.

Both Jungkook and Jiyeon look at her.

“Mommy!” Jiyeon shouted and run towards her, hugging her waist. Rosé smile towards Jiyeon.

“Are you hungry?” Jungkook asked Rosé. She turns looking at Jungkook.

Rosé shook.

“Not really,” she answered. “Are you hungry, Jiyeon?” Rosé asked her daughter. Jiyeon nods. Rosé look back at Jungkook.

“Shall we bring her to eat first?” Jungkook immediately asked.

Rosé nods, agreeing.

“Let’s go! I know a good seafood restaurant,” Jungkook said. He walks towards Rosé and Jiyeon and hold her right hand. Jiyeon hold Rosé’s hand using her left hand and they walked back together to the car.

“Mommy likes seafood a lot,” Jiyeon said.

“Really?” Jungkook responded. “I get to know a lot of things about Mommy day by day thanks to my beautiful daughter,” Jungkook smiled to himself.

“Daddy, what do you like?” Jiyeon asked.

“Me? Hm-,” Jungkook think for a while. “I like Mommy.”