Chap 31

Certificate of a Daughter

CHAPTER XXXI

 

People tend to challenge themselves stronger when falling harder.

 

 

Both Rosé and Jungkook take a walk outside after finished eating. They were both silent before Jungkook suddenly stops walking and pulls Rosé’s hand. Rosé stops and look at him.

 

“I would like you to meet my dad,” he said.

 

Rosé frowns.

 

“But…”

 

“I know. I’ll go and meet your parents as soon as possible. But, since you’re already here. I really wanted you to meet my dad,” Jungkook said. “Please,” he pleads.

 

Rosé smile and nods.

 

“So, what you were saying is that, you’re bringing Rosé-shi or Chaeyoung or pasta or whatever you called her, to meet the chairman?” V asked, shocked.

 

Jungkook grins and nods. V crossed his arms over his chest and smirked.

 

“You’re madly in love now huh?” V said.

 

“I love her so much, V. So much that I can no longer wait for us to get married. Many years her feelings were tortured by my actions, and getting accepted by her again is such a big blessing to me,” Jungkook smiles to himself.

 

“Congrats bro! You finally realized now right that not all women is the same?” V said.

 

Jungkook looks at him. A small smile forms on his lips. He let out a small sigh.

 

“Whatever happened in the past was all because of my flaws and selfishness. My immaturity, my ego. I didn't think what’s ahead, what lies in the future. If I could turn back time, I didn’t even want to see myself during that period of time. I was too ashamed of myself,” Jungkook said slowly.

 

“Whoa! I can’t believe one girl can turns you into a totally different person now,” V impressed. “But that’s good for you. At least I can rest well at night from now on. I don't have to accompany you to the nightclub. I can finally find a good wife for myself as well,” V teases him.

 

“Chaeyoung has many friends if you’d want one,” Jungkook proposed.

 

Both of them laughed.

 

***

 

“Oh- this is Chaeyoung?” Chairman Jeon exclaimed. He offered his hand for a handshake. Rosé took it. “I heard many things about you,” he smiles to Rosé who is sitting opposite from him. Rose smiles back.

 

“I hope it’s a good one,” Rosé said.

 

Chairman Jeon laughed.

 

“Definitely, definitely,” he said. “Jungkook, go and get us drinks,” Chairman Jeon turns looking at Jungkook. “What do you want drink, Ms. Park?” he asked Rosé.

 

“I’m fine with anything,” Rosé speaks.

 

Chairman Jeon nods, understand and signalling Jungkook to leave him alone with Rosé. Jungkook was reluctant to left at first but was given a death glare by his father. He slowly stood up and leave the two of them alone to get something to drink.

 

“Thank you, Chaeyoung-ah,” Chairman Jeon suddenly said after making sure that Jungkook has left the room. Rosé looks at him. He gasped and close his mouth using his palm. “Oh- can I be informal and call you Chaeyoung?” he said.

 

Rosé chuckles.

 

“Yes sure! Isn’t that better?” Rosé said.

 

Chairman Jeon laughed.

 

“Thank you so much for entering Jungkook’s life. You don’t know how much I’ve struggled to change his behaviour and attitude all this while after his mother left,” he said. “I suppose you know about his mother.”

 

Rosé nods. Of course she knows about his mother.

 

“It is a very hard decision for me as well,” she said silently and look down.

 

“I understand your concern,” Chairman Jeon said. “If it’s another person, I don’t think they’re strong enough to face all the things that had happened to you,” Rosé look up to him. Chairman Jeon smile. “Of course,” he said. “I know everything between you two. I am very embarrassed of what he had done, but I am also very thankful to you for your sacrifice. I am happy that he has been showing me great changes in himself over the year, but deep down in my heart, I can’t push away the fact that his mother was once wounded his heart and he has grudge against women. However, I really hope that you will be the one to keep him warm and love again,” he said.

 

Rosé slightly smile.

 

(knocks on door)

 

Jungkook came in with Chairman Jeon’s secretary who brings in two cups of coffee for both his father and Rosé while he brings one for himself. Jungkook took a seat beside Rose. He puts his hand around her shoulder.

 

“Did I miss anything?” Jungkook said cheerfully.

 

Rosé pushed away his hand from wrapping her shoulder. Chairman Jeon chuckles, shaking his head lightly seeing his son with Rosé and took a sip of his coffee. Jungkook pouted a little.

 

“By the way dad, I’m going to Aussie to meet Chaeyoung’s parents,” he told Chairman Jeon.

 

“That’s good. Prepare yourself. Behave. Give them good impression. Bring some gifts for them. Don’t go empty handed,” Chairman Jeon reminded Jungkook.

 

“I will,” he said, shortly.

 

“When will you go?” Chairman Jeon asked.

 

Jungkook looked at Rosé.

 

“Hm probably after work finished here. I still have to finish my friend’s client wedding that’s going to be hold in few weeks so no more time to waste,” Rosé answered.

 

Chairman Jeon nods, understand.

 

“But…”Jungkook arises. “That’s too late,” he frowns.

 

“What’s the rush?” Rosé smiles. “We will still meet them right?” she said.

 

“I know,” he said and sighed. “Can we go and meet them like in two days? I promise we will meet them and come back right after. No other ulterior moves,” Jungkook said.

 

Rosé thinks for a while.

 

“It’s okay, my dear,” Chairman Jeon talked to Rosé. “Work will be fine. Besides, I heard you have an amazing and talented team that can handle the wedding, right? Don’t worry okay?” he convinced her.

 

Rosé looked at Chairman Jeon and finally smiles.

 

“Okay,” she said.

 

***

 

“Where are you going after this?” Jungkook asked Rosé while buckling his seat belt.

 

“Hm,”

 

(phone ringing)

 

“Oh- hold on a second,” Rosé said while answering her phone. “Oh- unnie. What is it?” she asked.

 

“Chae, can you come to the boutique for a while. I had troubled. A big trouble,” Jennie speaks over the phone sounds very anxious.

 

“Oh- okay. I’ll be there soon,” Rosé said and hung up.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Can we go to the boutique? Jennie unnie needs some rescue there,” Rosé told him.

 

Jungkook laugh and nods.

 

They drove away from the parking lot of the office to Jennie’s boutique. Jennie’s bridal boutique is not that far compared to her other boutique that sells clothes but it took them almost an hour to reach because of the traffic.

 

“Sorry, I’m late! There was a traffic. A heavy one,” Rosé exclaimed as soon as she arrived at the bridal boutique. Jennie look at her and smile.

 

“It’s okay,” she said.

 

“So what’s the troubled?” Rosé asked.

 

“I had troubled choosing which dress is suitable for the wedding. I have three designs but all of them look damn good because I am damn good myself, so can you choose one for me?” Jennie shows her puppy eyes.

 

Rosé glares at her.

 

“You make me scared for nothing,” Rosé mumbled and put her bag down on the chair in front of Jennie’s working table. She took a seat on the other chair. Jungkook lifts her handbag and sit on the chair beside her and hold her bag for her.

 

“Teehee! So, which one do you like?” Jennie shows Rosé the design.

 

Rosé look at the design closely and think. Then, she turns to Jungkook.

 

“What kind of dress do you think the bride will like? She’s your friend right? Did she give any preference?” Rosé asked Jungkook.

 

Jungkook widened his eyes.

 

“Hm she did not give any preferences. She only told me to give her the best wedding ever. So I think she don’t really mind as long as it looks good on her,” Jungkook smiled.

 

Rosé turns back looking at the design.

 

“If it is me, I like lacy dress but not too extravagant. I prefer something that is comfortable when I walk on the aisle. The dress should not be too long, too short or too tight. Just nice. Because I like a long veil,” Rosé grins. “So, I would prefer this dress,” Rosé said, pointing at the third design.

 

Jennie smiles.

 

“I knew it. This is my best designs of all. I also like this one,” Jennie said. “Okay then! The dress is settled. I will send the design to my tailor tomorrow after my final touch up. Thanks, Chae!” Jennie grins.

 

“No problem,” Rosé said.

 

“Jungkook-shi, when can she come for fitting?” Jennie asked Jungkook.

 

“I’m not sure. I’m afraid she couldn’t,” Jungkook said.

Jennie widened her eyes.

 

“This is crucial,” she said. “How do we make a dress without the bride?”

 

“How about this? She’s about Chaeyoung’s size. Take her measurement. You can adjust a bit here and there right during the wedding?” Jungkook suggested.

 

“Yeah sure we can but….” Jennie reluctant.

 

“It’s okay, I believe in your skill,” he said, convincing Jennie.