Chap 23

Certificate of a Daughter

CHAPTER XXIII

 

I am very simple, you make it complicated for me.

 

 

“Lisa, are you going anywhere today?” Jennie asked Lisa while having breakfast together with Rosé and Jisoo. Jiyeon is still sleeping upstairs because she has been talking with Jungkook the whole night.

“Hm,” Lisa said. All of them have kept silent with each other since last night. Jungkook coming to their house makes the situation between them even more awkward. Especially when Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo finally realized that they have misunderstood Rosé all this while. Rosé never hide Jiyeon from Jungkook. She never stop that child from interacting with her father. But she keep it all to herself. They feel bad as a friend. Especially after what had happened all this while.

“Where?” Rosé asked.

“Meeting Jungkook-shi. To discuss about the wedding,” Lisa replied shortly.

“Have you given him a call?” Rosé asked again.

Lisa shook her head. Rosé sighed. She put down her chopstick on the table.

“Are we going to be like this the whole day? Are we not going to talk to each other?” Rosé finally blurt out. “Why are you guys making it hard for me?” she said silently and pouted.

“We’re sorry, Chae,” Jisoo hold Rosé’s hand on the table.

Jennie and Lisa nods, making a sad face.

“Yeah, we’re sorry. For misunderstanding you,” Jennie add to what Jisoo had said. “We’re all your close friends but we misunderstand you. We all thought you are being unfair towards Jiyeon for not letting her meeting Jungkook-shi when he is her dad. We never knew that you actually keep it quiet to yourself that you knew they’re contacting secretly,” Jennie said quietly.

“Even worse, I lectured you last night,” Lisa look down. Did not dare to make eye contact with Rosé.

Rosé chuckled. Everyone turns their look towards Rosé.

“I never said I’m angry right? If I was in your place, I’d think the same. Besides what you guys are doing actually proves that you care for me and Jiyeon. There’s no reason for me to be mad,” Rosé said.

It is true. She never felt angry towards them. How can she when they’re the one who brought her up when she was down? When they’re the one who was with her throughout the ups and downs in her life? Throughout the hardest time in her life bringing up Jiyeon? She don’t think she’ll be able to pull off this life the whole time she was in hardship without them. They’re her strength.

“But we don’t think we’re good enough as a friend,” Lisa pouted.

“Says who? You guys are the best mommies to Jiyeon and the best supporter and person to me. Never once I felt disappointed or regrets meeting all of you,” Rosé sincerely said. All Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo feels so touched by what Rosé said. “But for now, let’s eat like usual. It’s too quiet! We usually are very loud when eating, so I feel very awkward when everyone eats silently,” Rosé exclaimed.

Everyone nods happily.

“Then, should we take one day off and have fun today?”

***

(doorbell rings)

“LALISA GET THE DOOR! SOMEONE RINGS THE BELL!!!!” Jennie shouted from the kitchen while packaging the sandwiches she made right after breakfast.

“I’M IN THE TOILET, POOPING! GET CHAEYOUNG TO OPEN THE DOOR!!!” Lisa shouted back from the toilet downstairs.

“CHAE-”

“I know, I know. I’ll get it,” Rosé suddenly popped up out of nowhere and said while walking pass by the kitchen to get to the front door. She didn’t bother to look at the CCTV monitor to see who came and directly open the door.

“Good morning,” the person who came greeted her.

“Good morning, Taehyung-shi,” Rosé greeted back with a small smile. “What are you doing here?” she asked.

“Oh- actually Lisa-shi supposed to come and meet Jungkook but she didn’t give him a call so he asked me to check on her here. He refused to come personally here because you might not like it,” V explained.

Rosé nods.

“I guess Lisa forgot to inform,” she said. “She’s not meeting him today. Probably tomorrow. We have something to do today,” Rosé told him.

“Oh- really? What are you guys up to today?” V excitedly asked.

Rosé frowned.

“Why should you know?” she asked back.

“Nothing. But if you girls wanted to go out and have some fun, can I follow? I wanted to have fun as well ihiks,” V chuckled.

Rosé smiled cynically.

“Won’t your boss look for you later?” Rosé said.

V pouted.

“He makes me work like crazy and then told me he’s going to take few days off after the wedding because he wanted to bring his daughter to have fun. Did he think I have no life? I have life too okay? So while I’m at it, why not I join you and the others to have fun as well?” V shyly asked.

Rosé smiled.

“I don’t mind but let me ask the girls first,” Rosé said. V nods happily.

“Uncle V!!!” Jiyeon shouted from behind Rosé.

“Hi Jiyeon!!!” V excited shouted Jiyeon’s name as well.

“Where is daddy?” Jiyeon asked.

V widened his eyes and took a glance at Rosé.

“Oh- err…he…he…”

“Please come in first while I talk to the girls,” Rosé cut him and invited him in.

“Oh- okay. Thanks,” he said and walked inside. “Let’s go!” he hold Jiyeon’s hand and walked with her.

“Have a seat first,” Rosé said.

“Good morning Taehyung-shi,” Jennie greeted while putting the bag she holds on the couch. “What are you doing here?” Jennie asked.

“Good morning, Jennie-shi. I’m here to get Lisa-shi for the wedding since she didn’t give us a call but Rosé-shi said that you guys are going out,” V replied. Jennie nods. “Can I come along?” V grins.

Jennie chuckled.

“Yeah sure, why not? But will he, I mean your boss not say anything?” Jennie asked, referring to Jungkook.

V shook his head.

“It’s okay. Just one day. It’ll be fine,” he told Jennie.

“Okay! Let’s go!” Lisa suddenly popped out. “Eh? Omg! I forgot to call you to inform!!!” Lisa exclaimed as soon as she sees Taehyung sitting on the couch.

“Never mind. He’s coming with us for the picnic,” Rosé told Lisa.

“Oh- okay then,” Lisa shrugged her shoulder. “Jisoo unnie!!! Let’s go!” Lisa shouted from downstairs calling Jisoo upstairs.

“Yeah coming!!!” they heard Jisoo screamed from upstairs.

(phone ringing)

“Hold on a second,” V excused himself and answered the call. He ended the call moments later with a pout face.

“Why?” Lisa asked.

“He told me to come back to the office immediately if you couldn’t come,” he said.

All of them laughed.

“How did he know you’re going to skip work? Is he some kind of psychic?” Lisa exclaimed.

“Actually…” he reluctant. “He’s outside. Waiting in the car,” he told them. “I think he can sense my tricky moves,” V sighed.

“Never mind. We still can go out together next time right,” Jisoo said as she join them downstairs. She heard their conversation on her way downstairs and catching up with the situation immediately.

All of them turned to look at Jisoo before looking back at V.

“Rosé-shi,” V called while pouting and hold Rosé’s hand with both his hand on his chest. Looks more like begging Rosé. “Can you please talk to him? I want to go with you guys,” he begs Rosé. “Pleaseeeee,” he blinked his eyes several times.

Rosé pulled back her hand.

“Talk to him yourself,” she said firmly.

V pouted even more.

“Don’t do this to me,” V look down, pouting. “I am very fragile if you be mean,” he said again.

Rosé sighed heavily. “Okay fine! I’ll talk to him for you. But don’t get your expectation high. I’m just going to talk to him. I’m not going to persuade him for you,” Rosé warned. V grins and nods happily.

Rosé stomped her feet walking outside the house. She saw Jungkook’s car outside the gate from the front door. She changed her slippers into her shoes and walked closer towards the car. She didn’t see whose inside since the car window is tinted so she stand by the passenger seat and knock on the window. The passenger door suddenly clink open. Rosé startled. She sees Jungkook comes out from the car and smile to her.

“We’re going out and bringing Taehyung-shi. You can go back to the office first,” Rosé told him while looking away and crossing her arm on her stomach.

“Oh- where are you guys going?” Jungkook asked.

“Somewhere,” Rosé replied shortly.

Jungkook nods understand.

“I….cannot come along right?” Jungkook said silently.

“Good that you know,” she said. Rosé immediately turns around to walk back inside the house but Jungkook pulled her arm. She didn’t turn around to face him.

“Chae,” Jungkook called. “What should I do for you to forgive me?” he asked. Rosé slowly pulled back her arm and turn around but looking down. Refused to look into Jungkook’s eyes.

“Jungkook-ah,” Rosé called silently. “Why are you insisting?” she asked.

Jungkook kept silent for a while.

“I…”

“You don’t have the answer right?” Rosé cut him when he stuttered. “I also don’t have the answer for you. What should you do for me to forgive you? Why should I forgive you? I am never mad or angry at you. I’ve told you already. I’m mad at myself for couldn’t bring myself to hate you for what had happened. So for what reason should I forgive you?” she asked him, finally looking into his eyes.

“I really love you,” he start to sobs.

“Really? How can I be convince by what you said? Just solely because you are shedding tears in front of me and told me that you love me? If it’s that easy, why can’t I convince you to stay back then when I also sheds my tears for you and begged you?” Rosé said. “Saying and telling me that you love me sounds easy right? But it’s not easy for me,” she told him. “It’s not easy to decide whether it comes from your heart sincerely or not.”

Rosé sighed.

“You know that you’re making it hard for both of us right?” she asked.

Jungkook slowly falls down kneeling in front of Rosé, sobbing himself.

“Kneel for as long as you want, Jungkook. You cannot make our trip cancelled because of your selfishness,” Rosé said firmly and leave him alone.

Lisa and V who’s peeping from the front door clumsily run inside to avoid getting caught by Rosé for eavesdropping their conversation. Rosé entered the house and picked all her stuff.

“Let’s go,” she said.

“He…”

“He didn’t say anything. So if you want to come, just come. If not, go back to your office,” Rosé said, cutting V before he could finished his sentence.

“Okay.”