Chap 32

Certificate of a Daughter

CHAPTER XXXII

 

It was when we started to be go sailing, the flood came.

 

 

“Are you nervous?” Rosé chuckles seeing Jungkook being in his seat beside her in the taxi on their way to Rosé’s parents’ house. Jiyeon in between them is also laughing seeing him acting that way.

 

“A little bit,” Jungkook said. He smiled awkwardly.

 

“Don’t worry daddy. My granny and grandpa is very nice person. Aunty Ally too!” Jiyeon holds his hands. Jungkook smiled to her.

 

“We’ve arrived,” the taxi driver told them. Rosé pays the fare and all of them got off from the taxi. They didn’t bring many things since Rosé still have her clothes at her house. Only Jungkook brings his.

 

After they got off the taxi and pick their things and luggage, Rosé walked up to the front door and ring the bell. Alice, Rosé’s sister opens the door moments later.

 

“Rosie!” Alice exclaimed and hugs her tight. “How are you?” she asked.

 

“I’m good. How about you? Mom and dad’s in?” Rosé asked, smiling widely.

 

It has been so long actually since Rosé met Alice although she stays in Australia too because Alice is too busy and Rosé didn’t feel like coming home frequently.

 

“So, is this the rumoured guy?” Alice tease Jungkook.

 

Jungkook blushed.

 

“Come on in. They’re inside,” Alice invited them in. “Hello my baby girl,” Alice lift Jiyeon and kiss her on her cheeks.

 

“Hello aunty Ally,” Jiyeon hugs Alice’s neck and gives her a peck on her cheek.

 

“Let’s go,” Rosé called Jungkook and invited him in.

 

All of them walked inside the house and Rosé immediately went straight to her mother who is sitting while knitting in the living room. His dad is not there. She looked around.

 

“He’s in the study room,” Rosé’s mom said.

 

Rosé mouthed ‘O’ and nods.

 

“Who is this good looking guy? I heard from Ally you’re bringing someone to meet us. Is this the one?” Rosé’s mom smiled to Jungkook.

 

“Hello, Mrs. Park. I’m Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook,” he introduced himself and bows to Rose’s mom. “How are you?” he asked.

 

Rosé’s mom smiled. “I’m good. Thank you,” she said. “Have a seat please,” she invited Jungkook later. Jungkook thanked her and took a seat opposite to Rosé’s mother. “Do you want anything to drink?” she asked.

 

“Don’t bother please,” Jungkook refused to trouble her. “I’m good,” he said.

 

Rosé’s mother smiled.

 

“Ally, make some tea,” she ordered Alice. Alice nods and walks to the kitchen with Jiyeon.

 

“Mom,” Rosé called. Her mother turns to look at her. “Did you talk to dad that I’m coming home with him?” she asked. Rosé’s mother stopped knitting and put aside the wool. She pull off her spectacles and put it on the wool.

 

“I have,” she said.

 

“Did he say anything?” Rosé asked again.

 

Her mother turns looking at Jungkook. She smiled.

 

“He is a very strict man. I believe you’ve heard that from Chaeyoung,” her mother said. Jungkook nods. “But he’s also a kind man,” she continued. “Although it might be quite hard to please him, especially after what had happened in the past between the both of you, but Chaeyoung is still his daughter. I believe what makes Chaeyoung happy, will definitely makes him happy too,” she smiled. “You just have to work harder this time.”

 

Jungkook nods, understand every word that Rosé’s mother uttered.

 

“I will try my best to please Mr. Park. I’ve promised Chaeyoung that no matter what happened I will love her and make her mine, and I’m going to keep this promise to her forever,” he said, sincerely.

 

Rosé’s mom are so pleased to hear that.

 

“Then, stay here for dinner. Her father will only come out when it is dinner time. There’s no way to talk to him now,” Rosé’s mother said.

 

Jungkook nods.

 

***

 

“Mom, should I go and call dad?” Rosé asked.

 

“You don’t have to. He will come downstairs right on time. Just wait for him here,” Rosé’s mom said.

 

Rosé nods and brings more dishes to the dining table from the kitchen. Although it is only four hours since Rosé arrived at her house, but it feels so long waiting for her dad to come downstairs.

 

The time past by 8pm when everything is serve on the dining table, however Rosé’s dad is nowhere to be seen around the dining table. Rosé let out a heavy breath. All eyes are on her when she did. Alice who is sitting beside her hold her hand on the table and look at her. She turns looking at Alice and smile.

 

A few minutes later, Rosé saw her dad walking towards the dining table. She looks up at him then Jungkook. Jungkook gets her signal and immediately stood up, turning back to greet her dad. His eyes widened as he saw the man walking towards them.

 

“Good evening dad,” Rosé greeted.

 

Mr. Park did not respond and immediately took a seat at the dining table. Jungkook slowly turned to him and look at Mr. Park without blinking his eyes. His eyebrows furrowed. Rosé wears the same expression as Jungkook, but looking at him instead of his father.

 

“Jungkook,” she called him, whispering.

 

Jungkook smirked.

 

“I’m sorry, I leave first,” Jungkook said. He throw the napkins on his hands onto the dining table and left the dining room.

 

Rosé widened her eyes. She immediately apologizes to her family and followed Jungkook who is fast walking to the outside of the house. She called for Jungkook several time when they were outside, but was ignored by Jungkook.

 

“YAH!!” she shouted, frustrated.

 

Jungkook stops walking and reluctantly turns around facing Rosé. He sighed and laughed in disbelief. Rosé frowned. She holds his arm but was brushed away by Jungkook. Rosé was shocked as to Jungkook’s sudden action.

 

“What is wrong with you?” she asked softly.

 

Jungkook look at Rosé in the eyes. His stares was firmed.

 

“You really don’t know or you pretend to not know?” he asked. Wearing a serious expression on his face.

 

Rosé’s eyebrows furrowed even more.

 

“My mom was your dad’s mistress when we were in high school!”