Chap 12

Certificate of a Daughter

CHAPTER XII

 

Failing at first is the definition of trying harder the next time.

 

 

“Have you heard? Last night, someone saw Ms. Son and the deputy director at the bar in town. They were partying so hard and went to the hotel nearby. I guess the deputy director really did just grab anyone to be his one night stand,” Rosé overheard someone talking from inside of the toilet room.

“Ms. Son?” Rosé speaks in her mind. “The receptionist lady?”

“Yeah! I heard about that! Ms. Son must be so rough in bed, I saw Mr. Jeon were holding his waist the whole day today,” (both are laughing) “I bet Chairman Jeon didn’t know that his son is a big playboy in the company,” (laugh)

Rosé kept silent in the toilet room. Somehow, she feels hurt by what she heard. When she makes sure that both girls who were talking left, she walks out of the toilet room. She washes her hand and walks back to the office.

As she enter, she saw the receptionist lady, Ms. Son were standing so close to Jungkook. She tries to ignore of what she sees, but Jungkook called her.

“I’ve ordered lunch for us,” Jungkook says, smiling.

“I’ll leave first,” Ms. Son excuse herself. Jungkook nods.

Rosé looks at the food displayed on the coffee table that she always used to work. The food looks very good and tempting but she doesn’t feel like eating.

“I ordered from the staff café. It’s not fancy but Mina said it tastes good. Eat this first for today, I’ll treat you to a fancier meal next time,” Jungkook says while taking a seat in front of the food.

“Mina?” asks Rosé short.

“Oh- Ms. Son, the receptionist lady,” Jungkook replied.

Rosé take a deep breath.

“I’m sorry but can I leave work early today?” Rosé asks while still standing beside the coffee table full of food.

Jungkook looks up to her, frowning. He immediately stood up and stand in front and close to Rosé. He put his hand on her shoulder.

“Are you sick?” he asks. He puts his palm on her forehead.

Rosé push away his hand from her shoulder and forehead. “Can you please be more professional? We’re just co-workers. I have no problem if you want to be concern but there’s no need for you to make skin ship with me. And I’m not sick, I’m just tired,” Rosé sounds annoyed.

“Are you…mad at me?” Jungkook asks, dumbfounded.

Rosé sighed.

“No,” she says. “I’m just tired. I need some rest. If you can let me leave early, that would be good,” she talked silently.

“Sure, no problem. Wait a second, I’ll ask Ms. Son to tell the kitchen to clear this up. And then I’ll send you home,” Jungkook quickly walk to his desk to grab his phone and wallet.

“It’s okay,” Rosé stops him. “I can go back on my own,” she says. Rosé took her handbag on the couch and quickly left the room.

Her pace are faster than usual. Her heart feels like being tore apart. She is confuse. Why would she feel this way? Why things like this would breaks her heart? She used to face things way tougher than this before. But this things that happened really made her become very vulnerable. Without she realizes, as she walks away further, her tears falls.

***

“Chaeyoung-ah,” Jennie called out from outside Rosé’s room. “Open the door, please? Let’s have something to eat,” Jennie persuade her.

Rosé has been staying inside her room since she came home in the afternoon. She even refused to respond to Jiyeon who was knocking on her door since she came back from school. Jennie is very worried. Usually, when things gets hard like this, Lisa always comes out of a solution but Lisa is not here tonight. She went out of country for her work. While Jisoo, she went back to her family’s home.

“Chae-“ Jennie was about to knock on the door when Rosé suddenly opens. Jennie sighed. “What happened, Chae?” she asks.

Rosé suddenly hugs her and crying. She returns the hug and rubbed Rosé’s back.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Jennie asks, worried.

“Unnie, I lost the game again,” says Rosé.

àß

Rosé and Jennie sits at the living room, just the two of them. Both of them did not say anything and Jennie was just looking at Rosé who was looking down all the time. Jennie knows Rosé has a lot to say and tell but she couldn’t find where to start.

“I’m sorry for wasting all your effort,” Rosé opens .

Jennie frowns.

“Everything is going to be very well if I didn’t have to move to his office,” she continued. Jennie moves closer towards Rosé and reaches out to her hand. She hold tight Rosé’s hand to affirm her that she could totally understand her.

“Chaeyoung-ah, falling in love is not a crime. Why would feel sorry for that?” Jennie smiles.

“You help me a lot. I requested to change my identity, to clean all my history, not leaving a single tiny pieces of information of myself in the past so that I can revenge him for making me no difference from e. But what did my stupid self are doing right now? Why do I falling for him all over again?” Rosé cries.

Jennie slowly rubs Rosé’s back.

“Why not you talk to him? You tell him about everything. Do not bother with my effort or whatever, I didn’t even put any effort. I just ordered here and there, and they did it for me,” Jennie giggles.

Rosé slightly smiles.

“And I think, you should probably tell Lisa and Jisoo unnie about this. They deserve to know what had happened and what is happening,” Jennie advices.

“I will tell Lisa and Jisoo unnie. But, talking to him about everything, I don’t think this is a good time to do so. Besides, he just sees me as a pub girl that he met three years ago. Not more than that. He couldn’t care less about what had happened as a whole. We should just remain as co-workers. When the time comes, I will leave and I will forget all this revenge thing and just move on with my life,” Rosé said.

Jennie nods.

“It’s up to you to make decisions. I’ll support anything. If you need any help, I’ll always be there for you,” Jennie said.

*ding dong*

The bell rang. Rosé and Jennie looks at each other and shrugs their shoulder.

“Never mind. I’ll have a look,” says Jennie, putting her cup on the table in front of her before going to check the monitor to see who is waiting at the door. As she looks at the monitor, she turns looking at Rosé.

“It’s him.”

Rosé’s eyes widened. “I don’t want to see him,” Rosé shook her head.

Jennie let out a heavy sigh.

“Alrightttt. I’ll chase him away,” Jennie utters.

Rosé smiles. Jennie is seen walking towards the door and opens the door. Rosé walks closer to hear their conversation.

“Sorry for disturbing, Jennie-shi,” she heard Jungkook says.

“How do you know my name?” Jennie asks him.

Jungkook smiles. “Who wouldn’t know you right? Your parents are very well-known people,” he says.

Jennie nodded, agreeing to what he said.

“What makes you come here?” Jennie asks again.

“I know Rosé lives here as well right? I saw it in her profile.” Jennie nods to what Jungkook are saying. “Is she fine? She left early from work today. I tried calling her many times but she didn’t answer,” he continues.

“She’s fine. Sleeping upstairs since she came from work,” Jennie deliberately emphasizes the word ‘work’. “Do you need to see her or anything?” Jennie asks.

Jungkook shook his head.

“No, never mind. I’m just making sure she’s fine. If she’s fine then, I’ll leave first,” Jungkook excuse himself.

Jungkook was about to leave when Jennie stops him. “Wait!” Jungkook immediately turns back. “You coming here to check on Rosé, is it courtesy or concern?” Jennie asks, narrowing her already small eyes towards Jungkook.

Jungkook silent. His face shows like he was thinking.

“Never mind. Please close the gate when you leave,” remind Jennie before closing the door.