Shopping

Finding Home

 

Key was the craziest person Jonghyun had ever met. He was now certain of that fact. He had been standing by the clearance rack, awkwardly looking through the pants and trying to figure out what size he actually was, when the boy suddenly pulled him over to a mirrored dressing room. He'd pulled out a measuring tape and figured out Jjong's sizes within seconds, but wouldn't let him leave. Minho cast him a pitying glance before scurrying off, which made him very uncomfortable. Within minutes he discovered why Minho had looked at him in such a way. He found himself stripped down to his underwear and blushing before he knew what was happening. What was it with these guys and not having any shame? Then Key started dumping piles of cloths around him, and demanding he try on various things. Only when he was done trying on everyting Key put him in did he get a say.
 
"Ok, this pile looked good on you. This pile ." Key said. "So, I'm going to put this away. You pick what you like from that pile, and we'll go from there."
 
"A-arasso." Jonghyun said, blinking rapidly. As Key walked away, Taemin suddenly appeared.
 
"Don't be scared of him. He did this to all of us. But, we never wear bad cloths, so we're probably the best looking ones in the entire home!" Taemin said. Jonghyun nodded as he pulled the pants he came in back on. Taemin stared at his stomach just long enough for Jonghyun to feel awkward.
 
"What..?" He said. Taemin eye's shot up to meet his and in them was a terrible sadness Jonghyun had never seen before. "T-Taeminnie..what is it?"
 
"You look like you're starving to death." Taemin said. Jonghyun felt his blood run cold. He'd been trying to eat more. He wasn't used to having so much food, he got full too quickly. Was he going to get in trouble? He cast a nervous glance around. "Look."
 
"Huh?" He looked wear Taemin was pointing, and saw that the boy had lifted his shirt to reveal his own stomach. It flowed down perfectly from his chest. No indentations or curves, just a flat continuation leading to his hips. "Oh."
 
Jonghyun's own stomach was caved in. His ribcage was perfectly visible, and the skin flowed inward with the rest of abdomin, not evening out again until it reached the place where his hips jutted out. He quickly grabbed his t-shirt and pulled it on, feeling very self-concious. Taemin suddenly looked down, blushing. Jonghyun raised a brow, and the younger boy looked back up.
 
"I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I was just really surprised, that's all." Taemin said. "I'm sure once your body gets used to the food you'll be fine."
 
"Taemin, no picking on your hyung, arasso?" Minho said, walking up behind the youngest.
 
"O-oh, sorry!" Taemin said, turning and running off to find Key. Minho smiled at Jonghyun.
 
"Don't think on it too much. I've seen plenty of people come in here looking like death and leave perfectly fine." Minho said, unconciously reaching out to fluff Jonghyun's hair. The shorter boy looked down at the pile of cloths he had to go through, then looked back up at Minho.
 
"I need help." He said. Minho glanced at the pile, then back up at Jonghyun.
 
"Yes, you do." He said, taking a seat on the floor beside the pile and patting the ground beside him. Jonghyun sat down next to him, and started going through the hoards of t-shirts and jeans.
 
By the time they were done they had only said no to two pairs of jeans, leaving about 10 still in the cart, along with twice as many shirts. Jonghyun, again, was experiencing an uncomfortable nausea as he looked at all the cloths and listened to Key talking about what ELSE they needed to get. Underwear, socks, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, a shower poof, a jacket, a hat, a pair of gloves, a scarf, at least two sweatshirts, and some sweatpants. Jonghyun looked at Minho desperately, but the boy only shrugged.
 
"This is the standard stuff that everyone gets." Minho said. He looked at the stuff the other boys had and realized that he had the most by a landslide.
 
"Do I need to get it all?" Jonghyun asked. Onew nodded.
 
"There's a minimum that must be spent per boy. We haven't reached yours yet." He explained. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around his stomach.
 
"I need to sit down for a minute." He said. Minho looked at him worriedly before dropping his stuff - socks and shampoo - in the cart and putting his arm around his elders shoulders and leading him outside to sit on the bench they'd seen on the way in.
 
"Are you ok?" Minho asked. Jonghyun nodded slowly.
 
"It just takes some getting used to, I guess." He said, closing his eyes and pressing his palms against his lids. Minho nodded knowingly.
 
"It's harder on some people, I've learned." Minho said. "I've seen some cases similar to yours, but never quite the same. In due time, you'll get there."
 
"Minho...what did Onew put have to drop off at the lawyers office?" Jonghyun asked. "It had my name on it."
 
"You saw that?" Minho asked, surprised. "It was adoption papers. He's trying to get you out of the system. He's trying to get us all out."
 
"But..how can he do that? How would he be able to afford it?" Jonghyun asked. Minho laughed.
 
"Onew doesn't work for money, you know. His parents were very rich. They passed away when he was about your age." Minho said. "That's why he does this. But he has a big house. I've never been inside it, but I know Key has. He said there's a lot of extra bedrooms, and private bathrooms."
 
"Why has Key been inside?" Jonghyun asked. Minho looked uncomfortable suddenly.
 
"I'll tell you that story another time, ok?" Minho said. Jonghyun nodded. "You're the first one he's going to adopt. And then he wants to adopt Taemin. Then it's either me or Key. We're not really sure yet."
 
"Why not?" Jonghyun asked.
 
"Because I've been here longer. Much, much longer, but Key hates it there so much..it's a hard decision to make." Minho said. Jonghyun's eyes widened at that.
 
"I thought Key liked it there." Jonghyun admitted. Minho laughed a bit.
 
"Key is a diva, and he has no privacy there. It's not a good combination." Minho explained. Jonghyun nodded.
 
"I guess that makes sense." Jonghyun said. Minho smiled at him.
 
"So, are you feeling any better?" Minho asked. Jonghyun nodded and they stood up and went back inside.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I don't even want to discuss the horrors I faced in trying to post this chapter. The website would not work for me for some reason. I don't know if it was just my computer, or what, but it was just...awful. But, I stuck with it, and here we are with the next chapter. I feel like it slowed down a bit in this one, but it'll be picking back up soon, I promise!