Skinship

Finding Home

 

Jonghyun's eyes shifted back and forth unconciously as he stared blankly at the other males gathered around his side. Onew was worried, but he was overreacting. Key was worried, but he was the Umma, and therefore it was his job to be worried about his newest 'son.' Taemin was freaking out, convinced they needed to call an ambulance or Jonghyun would just die. Minho looked annoyed with the other boys as he carded his fingers through Jonghyun's hair absently.
 
"You should get some sleep." He whispered while the other three debated over which course of action to take.
 
"They're too loud." Jonghyun said, shaking his head. "The dizziness is gone now anyway."
 
"But you're still tired." Minho said. "The shock is wearing off, but you've still been through a lot."
 
"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." Jonghyun said. Minho tilted his head and smiled softly.
 
"We're friends, right?" Minho asked. Jonghyun opened his mouth, wanting to deny it, but after all the nice things Minho had done over the last twenty four hours, he really couldn't say no. 
 
"Yeah." Jonghyun said in a quiet voice.
 
"Then don't tell me not to worry. It's my job." Minho winked. Jonghyun sat up quickly.
 
"How did you do that?" He asked. Minho laughed.
 
"If you lay down, I'll show you." Minho said.
 
Jonghyun obliged, not noticing that the other three males in the room had fallen silent to watch his exchange with Minho. After a few minutes of Minho explaining, and demonstrating, and Jonghyun trying he managed to blink each eye individually, and was quite proud of himself. He grinned at the younger male, somehow still looking tired and cute as he did so. 
 
"Can I ask you something?" Jonghyun said, his voice sleepy.
 
"Yeah, of course." Minho said kindly. Jonghyun took a deep breath and sat up a bit, leaning on his elbow.
 
"Ok..is everyone here gay?" Jonghyun asked. Minho looked a bit surprised, but there was no disgust or discomfort in Jonghyun's voice - just curiosity.
 
"No." Minho said slowly. "There's the three of us, and a few others in two other rooms, but other than that no one else has come out, and we don't expect them to. Why?"
 
"Well..I just see guys cuddling everywhere and I just thought-" Jonghyun started to say, blushing madly, but Minho burst into laughter.
 
"It's skinship, Jonghyun." Minho choked out. Jonghyun looked confused, and slightly embarassed.
 
"Well...what's that?" Jonghyun asked shyly. Minho's laughter died rapidly.
 
"You don't know what skinship is?" Minho asked. Jonghyun shook his head, looking - and feeling - extremely awkward. "It's just..touching."
 
"What?" Jonghyun looked up at him.
 
"Everytime I play with your hair, or put my arm around your shoulder - that's skinship." Minho said. "And cuddling, holding hands, sometimes even kissing one another - that's all skinship too. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between skinship and relationship."
 
"Wait," Jonghyun said, thinking for a moment. "So...you can just go up to any random person...and kiss them...and it's ok?"
 
Minho shook his head, looking uncomfortable. Jonghyun looked more confused than ever at this point, and stuffed himself back into the covers of Minho's bed awkwardly.
 
"No..usually it's just one person that you are close with." Minho said. "Sometime's it's a small group of friends. But, you have to be really comfortable with the other person, or people, if you're going to be able to relax around them. You know?"
 
"Yeah, I guess that makes sense." Jonghyun said, thinking about the implications of what Minho has just said.
 
"Jjong, you feeling any better?" Key asked suddenly. Jonghyun jolted - he'd forgotten the others were in the room.
 
"I'm fine. I'm just tired." Jonghyun said. Minho glanced up at the top bunk, where Jonghyun was supposed to be, and looked back at the strong featured boy, who was now pulling out the aegyo like it was his job.
 
"Get some sleep, then, ok?" Onew said. "We've got stuff to do...but Minho, could you stay here with him?"
 
"Yeah, no problem." Minho said, nodding. Onew smiled at him and led the other two boys out of the room. Minho looked back at Jonghyun, who seemed to be a bit lost in thought. "You ok?"
 
"Yeah..I was just thinking.." Jonghyun trailed off, not finishing his sentence as he glanced back up at his own bed. Minho smiled sympathetically.
 
"Look, I won't make you go up there tonight on one condition." Minho said.
 
"What?" Jonghyun asked, looking up at him.
 
"Push over." Minho said. Jonghyun slid over quickly, and Minho climbed in beside him.
 
After a few minutes of squirming and trying to get comfortable without pushing each other's boundries Minho finally sighed and slid one arm under Jonghyun's neck, draping the other over the elder's slim form. Jonghyun felt his heart pounding in his ribcage, but did his best not to react in any obvious way as Minho got comfortable. Eventually, he rolled over and rested his head on Minho's chest, one hand resting against Minho's side, the other curled against his chest. Minho smiled a bit and hugged him gently, before closing his eyes, and soon enough, they both drifted to sleep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Jonghyun woke up the next morning, he was starving. He jumped a bit, surprised that his stomach was so noisy. He glanced up at Minho, who was still holding him loosely in his arms, and blushed when he saw the other boy grinning.
 
"Hungry?" Minho asked teasingly.
 
"I...yeah." Jonghyun said, nodding.
 
"Well, let's get up and -" Minho started to say, before he was cut off by Key.
 
"It's too early for breakfast." The Umma said.
 
"Oh." Minho said, looking around. He was right, it was just barely getting light outside - breakfast wasn't for at least another two hours. "Sorry...I didn't realize how early it was."
 
"It's fine." Jonghyun said, shrugging, but sounding a bit put out. He cuddled back against Minho and tried to ignore the painful cramps gripping his stomach. Even after all the time he'd spent going hungry, he'd never gotten used to the pain of hunger. Minho rubbed Jonghyun's back gently as the older boy closed his eyes. There was a loud wine from Jonghyun's stomach, and he flinched. "S-sorry."
 
"Don't be." Minho said, looking down at the other boy. "I feel bad, though. You didn't get dinner last night."
 
Another angry growl sounded, and Jonghyun tensed at the pain. These fits only lasted fifteen or so minutes, but he hated them with a passion. Minho looked down at him, concerned, before looking over at Key. Key was over by the window, looking out at the dawn breaching the horizon, but met Minho's gaze quickly.
 
"Key, come on. I know you can hear this." Minho said. Key nodded slowly.
 
"I'll see what I can do - but I can't make any promises." Key said, walking out the door. Jonghyun make a small noise of discomfort, and Minho pet his hair softly.
 
"Sorry." Jonghyun said again. Minho shook his head.
 
"Calm down. It's ok." Minho said. Jonghyun opened his mouth to say something, but instead in a lot of air and puffed out his cheeks. Minho smiled and pressed his forhead agsainst the elder's. "You're adorable."
 
Jonghyun let out all of the air he'd been holding in in one big woosh. What...did he just say?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if this chapter went too fast or what, but I like it a lot for yet another sleepy chapter. I have to go crawl in with my boy now, but I hope you guys will enjoy this chapter. I think it's the longest one I've posted on this site! I'm trying really hard to get into the actual relationship between these two, but the relationship isn't a common one in my heart, and It's still somewhat difficult, which is why it's so much easier to have Jonghyun be panicy about it in the start. xD Enjoy~