Finally

Finding Home

 

"What do they need to talk about?" Taemin asked, looking at Key suspiciously. Key sighed. As much as he loved the maknae, he could be such an airhead at times.
 
"Nothing." Minho said firmly. "We just need Jonghyun to get better and come home. There will be plenty of time for discussion later Kibum."
 
"Don't use that tone with me." Key said, shooting Minho a sharp look. Then his gaze softened, and he looked at Jonghyun. "He's going to be a baby about it. You'll have to do it."
 
"Key, I..." Jonghyun bit his lip, then looked up Minho. Could he do it? Could he admit his feelings to the other? It was hard enough to do in itself, but the audience made him hesitate. Minho looked back at him with a blank expression, and everyone in the room seemed to be waiting. Jonghyun looked away again. "I don't know..."
 
Minho his hair softly, and Jonghyun leaned his head against the younger boy's shoulder. He felt sick to his stomach, and his cheeks were burning. Everything was going fine until Kibum opened his big mouth! He balled his unhindered hand into a fist and pressed it to his forehand. Even being the oldest of the children, he felt like the youngest most times. His eyes slid closed as he pulled his uninjured leg up against his chest, and Minho wrapped an arm around him.
 
"Jjong.." Minho said, and Jonghyun shook his head. Minho sighed. "You don't need to say anything. It's ok."
 
"No it's not. Now he brought it up, and..." Jonghyun sighed, feeling his frustration overwhelm him. What was so hard about it? It was just three words, but he was choking again. He felt tears sting at his eyes. He'd been crying a lot recently, and it was strange to him. He never used to be this easy to upset. Key reached out, suddenly, rubbing Jonghyun's shoulder as he blinked the tears from his eyes, allowing them to spill down his cheeks.
 
"I didn't think you would be this bothered by it." Key said. "You were going to-"
 
"But I didn't." Jonghyun said, his voice higher than usual. Minho swallowed, then pulled Jonghyun into his lap.
 
"Key, I have to go to the bathroom." Taemin said, tugging on his hyung's sleeve. Key glanced at the younger boy, some slight annoyance in his expression. Now?
 
"So go." He said. Taemin shook his head, starting to look upset.
 
"I haven't seen you all week. I want you to come with me." Taemin insisted, his famous pout beginning to slide into place. "I don't know any of these people, anyway. I don't want to talk to them."
 
"I-I.." Key stuttered, not knowing what to do. If he left, these two might never talk about anything, but if he stayed he's have two crying boys to deal with. He looked at Minho desperately, pulling his hand away from Jonghyun in favor of petting Taemin's hair.
 
"Key, take Taemin, and go find the bathroom." Minho said.
 
Key watched the younger boy for a moment, then nodded, feeling kind of bad. He didn't like when the others were upset, much less because of him. He took Taemin's hand and pulled him off the couch, heading out of the room. Minho petted Jonghyun's hair quietly for a moment, then tilted his head a bit to get a better look at Jonghyun's face. Jonghyun looked up at Minho with watery eyes. He felt so embarrassed, and he didn't know how to handle the situation. He'd already made such a big deal out of such a little thing. If he couldn't even tell Minho how he felt, why did he deserve to be here in his arms? Minho kissed his forehand softly, and Jonghyun moved forward, crushing himself against Minho.
 
"Iloveyou."  He blurted out quickly. Minho froze for a moment, and a wide smile spread across his face.
 
"Jjong." Minho said. Jonghyun shook his head, refusing to show his face. "Jjongie, please look at me."
 
"I can't." Jonghyun said, sniffling slightly.
 
"Why not?" Minho asked softly, rubbing his thumb against Jonghyun's arm.
 
"Because I might have just ruined everything and I don't-" He stopped talking, then let out a small sob. "I don't want to lose you."
 
"Kim Jonghyun, I already told you. I'm not going anywhere." Minho said. "Will you look at me now?"
 
Jonghyun leaned back reluctantly, obviously holding back the part of him that wanted to keep crying. Minho's eyes widened in a sad way when he saw how upset the other boy was. He wiped the tears from his face, and before he could stop himself, he was kissing Jonghyun. Jonghyun froze up at first, then kissed back shyly. His inexperience was obvious, along with his nervousness, but to Minho it only made things more perfect. He held Jonghyun close to him as the hyung's working arm slid around the back of his neck, an obvious sign he wasn't ready to stop. They were so caught up in their own world that they didn't notice the door opening. Key stared in shock, getting ready to step into the room and declare that he knew it all along, when Taemin yanked him back and closed the door quietly.
 
"Leave them alone for a minute." Taemin said. "Jonghyun's really shy. You could ruin everything if you interrupt them right now."
 
"I..." Key sputtered soundlessly for a moment before finally seeming to form words. "You didn't have to pee, did you?"
 
"I've been trying to tell you guys. I'm not a little kid anymore, no matter how much you try to treat me like one." Taemin said, his eyes narrowing slightly. Key's opened wider, and he struggled to think of what to say. "Did you know I've read all of your files? You, Jonghyun, Minho. Even my own. I even read Jinki's application to work with us, and his application to adopt."
 
"How? Those records are hidden so well!" Key said. Taemin laughed softly, shaking his head.
 
"Everyone thinks I'm this airheaded little boy who's never going to get in trouble and is never going to grow up." Taemin said. "It's fun most of the time. I don't want to have to be an adult yet. But I'm not ten years old anymore, Kibum. I'm growing up just like you are. So stop treating me like I'm not."
 
"Taemin, I.." Key stopped and stared at his long-term boyfriend for a long moment. It wasn't directly said, but he got the feeling that Taemin had been holding this in for a while. He pulled Taemin closer to him, wrapping him in his arms. "I'm so sorry, Tae. I was trying not to be like everyone else..but I guess I wasn't trying hard enough. I know you're smart, I guess I was just too used to you being the baby. I always want to protect you, and so I never really think about how-"
 
"How you've been acting just like Minho?" Taemin said. "I understand it. But...you said something to Minho, and now they're working everything out...so I figured, if I said something...then maybe..."
 
"Taemin..you know I would do anything to make sure you're happy. I'm just sorry I didn't see it sooner." Key said. Taemin hugged his hyung tightly, resting his head on Key's shoulder.
 
"I just want you to stop hiding things from me, ok?" Taemin asked. Key rested his head on Taemin's just as a hiccup sounded from the other side of the door.
 
Jonghyun pulled back slowly, his cheeks flaming, and Minho rested his forehand against Jonghyun's. Jonghyun was trying to look anywhere but into the eyes so intently watching his, but when he finally looked at them he was surprised by the honesty he found there. Minho kissed him again, softly and quickly, before pulling his head back and taking in Jonghyun's face.
 
"Th-that was my first kiss." Jonghyun blurted out, then instantly felt like an idiot. Minho laughed involuntarily, then reigned it in, only a smile left on his face, but Jonghyun looked away quickly.
 
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to laugh, it's just..." Minho paused, looking around the room, then back at Jonghyun, who was now watching him. "Is it bad that I'm glad to know that?"
 
"A-anniyo." Jonghyun said, then hiccuped again. Between the stuttering and hiccups, he wasn't sure how he managed to talk.
 
"Jonghyun..." Minho said, suddenly blushing. Jonghyun looked at him, confused. "I...in case you hadn't...already realized...I..."
 
Minho stopped, rubbing his face with his hand awkwardly. He suddenly understood why Jonghyun had freaked out so badly - it was hard to tell someone you cared. It was easier now, because he knew how Jonghyun felt, but it was still stressful. He took a deep breath, then looked at the elder.
 
"I love you, too, Jjongie." Minho said. Jonghyun's face broke into a wide grin, and he bit his lip suddenly. Minho swallowed, seeing the boys reaction, and decided it was time to make it official. "I have a question for you. You can say no, I'll understand, but...um.."
 
"What is it?" Jonghyun asked. Minho took a slow, deep breath.
 
"Do you want to be my boyfriend?" He asked in a shaky voice. Jonghyun nodded excitedly, and Minho grinned in relief.
 
"I have a question too." Jonghyun said. Minho raised a brow. "Can I..can I kiss you again?"
 
"You don't need to ask." Minho said, laughing. "You've never dated anyone, have you?"
 
"Anniyo." Jonghyun admitted, shaking his head. Minho smiled softly, running his fingers through the others hair.
 
"Is it bad that that makes me happy too?" Minho said. Jonghyun shook his head shyly.
 
"I just..don't understand why." Jonghyun said. Minho smiled.
 
"Because, I'm the one you get to learn with." Minho said. "I'm the first one. There's no one to compare me to. It makes me a little more nervous, but a little more comfortable too."
 
"You make it sound so complicated." Jonghyun said. "Why can't it just be us? Just what we have right now, and what we're going to have in the future?"
 
"Jjongie..you're misunderstanding me." Minho said. "All it is is us. Right now, and in the future. That's all we need, and so that's all it is."
 
"Alright." Jonghyun said, sighing in a way that Minho was slightly amused, and slightly offended by. "But, can I kiss you now? I still want to, you know."
 
"Of course." Minho said, tilting his head slightly as Jonghyun pressed his lips to his. He felt his eyes slide closed, and he knew Jonghyun's were as well, but this time, he heard the door open. He pulled back just in time to hear Jinki sigh, sounding relieved.
 
"Finally." He heard the appa say, and both boys blushed as Minho held the smaller boy close to him.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I need input. Should I end the story here and do a sequel, or just throw in the last few ideas I had and make it longer? The sequel will be at least a few chapters long, probably about a minimum of five but most likely longer. Keep that in mind. It's being put to a vote: Leave your input in the comment box.