Shower

Finding Home

When Jonghyun woke up he wasn't as shocked as he had been the first time, but he was still disoriented. His body was still asleep, and he couldn't focus his eyes. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been this comfortable. He heard someone calling his name, but he was still partially in a dream, and he buried himself deeper into the blankets. He heard his name called again, and groaned a bit.

"Umma.." He mumbled, trying to get the voice to stop. In his dream he was still young, living at home with his mother, so it made sense that his mother was the one trying to wake him.

"That's what everyone calls me. But I'm not your mother, Jonghyun. Come on, now. It's time to wake up." The voice said. Jonghyun forced his eyes open again and saw Key standing to the side of the bed. He groaned, a bit embarassed, and hid his head under the pillow. "No, you can't go back to bed. Come on. You need to shower, your hair is greasy."

"Five more minutes." Jonghyun mumbled, his eyes already closing. Suddenly the blanket was off of him and so was the pillow. He pushed himself up slowly, everything looking strange to him. Key looked at him, looking slightly annoyed before his expression turned concerned.

"Are you feeling alright?" Key asked, coming closer. Jonghyun looked at him, feeling tired.

"I think so." He murmured.

"You woke up really fast yesterday." Key said. "Today, you're not."

"I'm tired." Jonghyun said. Minho looked over at him from where he stood beside his dresser.

"Do you have a headache?" He asked. Jonghyun blinked a few times.

"It just feels heavy." Jonghyun said.

"Key, let him sleep." Minho said. "His body's recovering. He needs to rest."

"He can't right now. Onew wants to meet with him, and he needs to bring him to the nurse to see how he's doing, health-wise." Key said. "And the psychiatrist is coming today."

"That's really not fair." Minho said. "Look at him. He's going to hurt himself coming down the ladder."

Jonghyun looked over at the ladder and sighed. Minho was probably right, but if he had to do these things, maybe he could lay down after he'd done them. He went to the ladder and started climbing down, his foot slipping a bit, causing him to grip the rail and freeze up. He felt someone's hands on his waist, but didn't look to see who it was. His eyes were squeezed shut, trying to stave off the sudden diziness.

"I've got you." He heard Minho whisper into his ear. He nodded a bit and went to keep climbing down, only to find there was nothing under him anymore. His eyes snapped open and he realized Minho had lifted him off the ladder. His feet touched the ground and he stood, his hand raising to his head and he sighed. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. I'm just not awake yet." Jonghyun said, stretching a bit. "Where's the bathroom?"

"I'll show you in a second. Get a change of cloths. You need to shower." Minho said. 

"Alright." Jonghyun said, grabbing his bag and digging through it, pulling out his only pair of jeans and his only other t-shirt. Minho watched this with sympathy in his eyes.

"You'll be getting more cloths soon. Probably today. They have a clothing budget for each person, so they're probably going to take you shopping." Minho said. Jonghyun flinched a bit. He hated everything about this place in a strange way. He hated the hand outs. The way everyone was so kind. It shook him. He resented this entire system for not finding him 3 years earlier. He clutched his cloths to his chest and felt his stomach reacting violently. "Calm down. You'll get used to it. I've seen a lot of people go through this. It just takes time."

"Ok." He muttered. Minho put his arm around Jonghyun's shoulders and led him out into the hall and toward the bathroom.

The bathroom was swarmed. People absolutely everywhere. Minho pulled him over to the shower area and watched him carefully. Jonghyun looked like he was in shock. The area was huge, and there were boys crowded inside, washing and joking with each other, everything exposed to each other. Jonghyun shook his head and started backing away, but Minho caught his arm.

"You have to eventually." Minho said. "Come on, we'll go put our cloths in the locker and go in."

"Alright." Jonghyun said.

The time in the shower was short, for lack of a better word. Jonghyun washed himself rapidly with the soap and shampoo Minho let him use, and booked it back to the locker room. He dried and dressed himself before Minho even stepped out of the shower. When he got to the locker room, though, he sat down beside Jonghyun and dried himself, occasionally glancing over at Jonghyun.

"What?" Jonghyun finally asked.

"I didn't realize you were so thin. You need to eat before you meet with Jinki." Minho said.

"Who's Jinki?" Jonghyun asked, confused.

"Oh..it's Onew's real name. Not many people know it..don't tell anyone." Minho said, shaking his head.

"Alright." Jonghyun said, nodding. Minho smiled at him and ruffled his hair, making Jonghyun stick out his tongue. Minho looked surprised by Jonghyun's sudden playfulness, but it was nothing compaired to the surprise Jonghyun felt.

He didn't want to make friends. It was one thing to lean on someone enough for them to help you through. That was survival. Laughing and playing with someone was unecessary. He wasn't thinking when he did that, and it scared him a bit. Minho got up and dressed himself, acting as though nothing had happened, and Jonghyun was greatful. He had enough going through his head, just thinking about getting breakfast in this crazy place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure why, but I love this story. And, I was also wondering if anyone knows how to go about getting a beta reader on this site?