Author's Note

Finding Home

Since everyone is so confused about the last chapter, and it's distracting me from writing the next one because I'm now paranoid about how well I'm actually writing this, I figured I should clarify and hope that it clears things up. 

 

1. Jonghyun is not unstable because he's being comforted too much. He's unstable because his mother died and left him completely alone at the age of 13 and he had to find a way to survive on his own for 3 years, and now he's being thrown in with a huge group of people he's never met, and he doesn't know what to do.

2. The conversation between Jinki and Key - Everyone called Jinki "Onew" except the ones in that room. He sort of took on the father role for them a long time prior to this point, and had been planning to adopt them for a while. What's going on with Key in specific is that, while he is a diva, and he does thrive on the social scene, he still wants some privacy that he can't get where he is now. Taemin was going to be the first one he adopted, and he's giving up that spot to Jonghyun because Jonghyun needs more individualized attention. 

3. I don't know why I picked that specific time frame for them all to be adopted in. I just did. 

4. I want more Jongho at this point, but if I push it too much further right now, the story will start looking sloppy. Or, more sloppy. Be patient!