Chapter 6

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over the next few day Taehyung got a lot better.  However, Alexa was getting sick.  She was having a lot of stomach pains, but she didn’t want to tell Taehyung in case he got mad at her for causing him trouble. 

They were on the sofa after eating dinner, when the pains had started to get worse.  She was curled in a ball trying not to let him see how much pain she was in.  Her whole body ached, including her back, which hadn’t hurt since her wounds had healed. 

Irrationally she wondered if he had done something to cause her pain, if he was starting to get sick of her and was poisoning her slowly.  The pain was so bad she could cry, and just as she had in prison, she could control the noise, but she couldn’t control the tears when they stung at her eyes.

‘Hey, are you ok?’  Taehyung asked her, peering over at her.  She refused to meet his eyes, knowing the tears had started to fall, she didn’t want to see the satisfaction in his face like she saw with the guards when they saw she was crying.

‘Hey, hey sweetie,’ he cooed curling around her, and pressing his face into hers.  She was forced to meet his eyes, that surprisingly, looked full of concern, not satisfaction. 

‘You’re crying.’ He whispered, a thumb down the side of her face to catch the fallen tears. 

‘What’s wrong?’ his whispers became more concerned. 

‘I- I,’ she mumbled, she still had a hard time admitting the truth to him. 

‘Is it me?  Did I hurt you?’ he asked, his tone reaching a panic.

‘No, no.’ she mumbled, clutching at her abdomen as she shook her head.

‘You’re hurt though, where does it hurt?’ he asked snaking his arm around her. 

‘Here,’ she pointed to her belly as more tears fell.  She held her breath waiting for him to get angry. 

‘Oh baby,’ he cooed softly, ‘You need to tell me if you’re sick, so I can look after you.’ His arm held her tightly to him as his free hand rubbed her belly. 

‘I feel ok, we ate the same thing, it can’t be the food.’ He mumbled rubbing soft circles around her middle.  ‘Come on, I’ll take you to bed, try and rest, if you’re not ok tomorrow I will call Seokjin to come and check on you ok?’  He didn’t wait for her answer as he picked her up in his arms and lead her into bed.  Wrapping the covers around her, he got into bed next to her and kept a protective arm around her, continuing to rub her stomach, which felt nice. 

‘Please don’t cry,’ he whispered into her hair holding her close to him.  ‘I’m sorry, I’m not looking after you well.’ He apologised as he scooted closer to her, bringing her into his chest. 

She managed to fall asleep, but at some point, in the night she woke up, feeling uncomfortable and wet. 

Taehyung still had a protective arm around her as she tried to wriggle free and get up.  She thought she needed to go to the bathroom when she looked down and screamed. 

There was blood, everywhere. 

‘What, what happened?’ Taehyung shot awake, sitting up at her screaming. 

She covered her face, she was surely dying, there was blood on the bed, and blood on the shirt she was wearing.  Taehyung must have stabbed her in the night, the pain in her belly was still there, and now she was bleeding.  The pain of the prison and the blood she shed all came running back into her mind as she cried and shook.

‘Alexa, what happened?’ Taehyung began, trying to hold onto her shoulders to calm her down.  ‘Oh, Oh.’ He said.  She couldn’t see what he was doing, but he must have seen the blood.  If he hadn’t caused it she was surely going to be in trouble with him now for bleeding, but she didn’t understand how it happened. 

‘Alexa, baby, calm down, it’s ok, it’s ok.’ He cooed at her wrapping his arms around her shoulders, pressing gentle kisses into her forehead. 

‘Please, please,’ he begged, ‘It’s a period, you’re ok.  It’s not serious.  You got your period, that’s all.’ He tried his best to reassure her.  She heard his words, but it didn’t make sense.  What was a period?

She peeked out at him, still trembling with fear that she was dying or was in trouble, meeting his dark eyes full of worry.  She took a few breaths to steady herself, sniffling back her cries.

‘What’s that, what’s a – what’s a, a period?’ she asked him in a tiny voice.  His eyes registered a little bit of surprise at her words.

‘It’s a -,’ he paused looking around.  ‘I – um,’ he tried again, failing to explain.  He laughed, nervously, scaring her. 

‘It’s normal I promise.’ He finished, looking back at her rubbing her shoulders.  ‘I – I’m not the best person to explain.’  He shook his head, looking around for his phone. 

‘Stay here, I’m going to run you a bath, we’ll clean you up and it’ll make you feel better.’  He jumped out of bed with his phone as he ran to the bathroom to begin filling the bathtub.  She was so confused, she was bleeding, real red blood, but he said it was normal?  Who thinks this is normal?

Her heart was beating wildly, as he walked back into the bedroom, with his phone to his ear.  He was going to send her back to prison, she knew it, he was calling more officers to come and take her away. 

‘Seokjin?’  He spoke when she had answered.  He smiled softly at Alexa as he spoke.  ‘I’m sorry I know it’s late, it’s just uh – Alexa, got her period.  She’s freaking out a little bit, she doesn’t know what it is.’ He explained softly.  ‘I – I’m not very good, at – explaining.’ He seemed to mumble.

‘Ok,’ he said, nodding his head, he handed Alexa the phone.  She looked at him in utter shock.  How could Seokjin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter