Chapter 19

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took Jungkook forever to realise what was happening with the lifeless form of Alexa in his arms.  Seokjin came to her senses first, shouting at Jungkook to move, as Jimin also broke out of his bubble and pulled Jungkook into the house, running with him to the room they had prepared for Alexa. 

‘Hook her up,’ Seokjin was yelling at Jimin, who had taken Alexa from Jungkook and laid her out on the bed.  He followed her instructions as she flapped around, injecting her, inserting things into and skin. 

Jungkook was still in shock, how could she have died.  All they did was give her something to knock her out for a while and slow her breathing, so they could fake her death and bust her out of the prison.  How could Taehyung have died too?  He wasn’t doing great but Namjoon was sure this plan was going to work.  Taehyung was knocked out too, so he didn’t feel her making the choice and to control his pain, but even in sleep he should have been getting better if their gamble paid off.  It hadn’t worked, that’s all Jungkook could think, it hadn’t worked, and his brother had finally died. 

Jungkook looked up at the scene in front of him, he had no idea what was happening.  Seokjin looked frantic and Jimin was so focused on what she was telling him to do, he didn’t even notice Jungkook anymore.

‘Come with me Jungkook.’  The voice of Yoongi surprised him.  Looking around to his right, Yoongi looked at him with a small smile, his hand firmly on his shoulder he allowed him to direct him out of the room. 

Yoongi was speaking slowly and quietly, but Jungkook really wasn’t paying much attention.  He allowed his feet to follow the direction he was being led and that was all the attention he had to give to Yoongi.  His mind was too full with questions about how none of this had worked. 

‘Jungkook, he’s not dead.’  Namjoon was speaking, shaking him slightly.  Yoongi had led them down the hall to the room Taehyung was using.  He was hooked up to as many machines as Alexa was.  All equipment Namjoon had managed to get sent somehow to keep Taehyung alive and monitored as his condition got worse and worse.  The man in the bed didn’t resemble his brother, he used to be strong, and beautiful, the man in front of him was now weak, half of the man he was, gaunt with grey skin, dark black circles around his eye sockets and unkept hair.  It was painful for Jungkook to see Taehyung so ill. 

‘Jungkook, did you hear us?  He’s not dead.’  Yoongi repeated Namjoon’s words.

‘What?’  Jungkook turned facing the two men. 

‘His heart went crazy and flatlined, all the machines just went silent, for the longest time, but they all came back on when we got here.  Right Hoobi?’  Yoongi called to his partner. 

‘Yeah, I was so scared Jungkook, he didn’t even – anyway, after I sent Jimin to meet you, I tried waking him, I gave him the serum Seokjin said to use in case, but nothing, he’s still asleep.’  She turned to look over him. 

‘He should have woken up instantly from the serum.’  Yoongi repeated quietly in Jungkook’s ear next to him. 

‘What – what does that mean then?’  Jungkook asked, looking between everyone, his brain was still malfunctioning to understand anything. 

‘We think he’s in a coma.’  Namjoon said. 

Jungkook simply stared at Namjoon.  How could Taehyung have got into a coma? 

‘We need to see what Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter