Chapter 22

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone seemed to fall into silence at the revelations of the past month.  Namjoon was the first to speak, excusing himself to go and find Jungkook.  Seokjin followed him quickly telling them she would give them both a little space but promising to be back soon enough with some food for them both realising that they both would be starving.  

Taehyung turned to look at Alexa.  Staring off into space her eyes were unfocused on anything in particular.  Her limbs felt heavy with the weight of time and exhausting overwhelming emotions. 

‘Are you sad?’ Taehyung asked softly. 

Turning to him, she tried to figure out just how sad she was.  There was a weird feeling of loss.  For a whole few seconds she allowed Taehyung’s excitement to take over and she truly wanted a family with him. 

‘I don’t know.’  She told him honestly. 

Taehyung smiled, shifting over in the bed he wrapped an arm around her.  Naturally, easily, she rest her head into him.  As easy as falling asleep, as secure as being held in her mothers’ arms, Taehyung was home to her and she felt truly overwhelmed that they had lost something they had both created. 

‘Me too.’ He murmured into her hair as he leaned himself into her too.  ‘I know we never talked about it, but I always wanted to have children, if we could, in the future.’ His tone was soft.  With an air of reminiscing about a dream he once had. 

‘I never thought about it.’ She admitted.  ‘I always assumed any child of mine would be a criminal.  I didn’t want that for anyone else.’

‘But now you’re free.  Everyone thinks you’re dead,’ Taehyung said, ‘So no child of ours would be a criminal.’  He sighed as he let his words sink in.  ‘Maybe, this just wasn’t our time.’ He added like an afterthought.

‘Do you blame me?’ She asked, suddenly fearful that her actions had brought them to this.  She knew he wouldn’t have wanted her to put herself, or any child in danger for him.  If she hadn’t though he might not be in front of her right now.

‘No of course I don’t.’ he smiled, kissing her forehead.  ‘How can I be mad at you saving me, when I would have done the exact same thing for you.’

‘But the baby.’ She moaned with a slight sob that caught her by surprise. 

‘I know.’ He cooed.  ‘It just wasn’t our time.’ He held onto her tightly for a long time in silence as they both thought about what could have been, sharing the same feelings deep inside their souls. 

---------

‘Thank you.’  Taehyung said after what seemed like an age in silence. 

‘Why?’

‘You saved me.  You saved my family.  You saved Jungkook and my mom and dad from going into prison.  I was so upset and hurt that I never got to say thank you for what you did for me.  I’m sorry I couldn’t save you from prison.’  Taehyung was crying softly.  He felt so guilty his guilt was radiating through Alexa like a plague of sadness.  His gratitude and love for her was more than she could have hoped, and she couldn’t help herself from crying with him. 

‘What are you saying you didn’t save me?’ She cried at him, baffled by his thoughts, ‘Everything is ok because you loved me.  You saved me first, you gave me hope and love and a family.  You gave me back everything I lost.  No one would have helped me if it wasn’t because of you.  I love you.  My strength comes from you.  I’d do anything for you.’

‘You are the strong one.  You knew what going back meant and you still did it for me.  You’re my hero.’  He confessed kissing her softly.  ‘I’m never letting you out my sight again though.’  Taehyung’s hands cupped her face gently as he rubbed his nose into hers, kissing her and crying.

The sound of Seokjin crying broke them apart.  Stood at the door with two plates of food, tears streamed down her face as a sob escaped her. 

‘Jinnie.’  Taehyung half moaned, and half laughed at her.  ‘Don’t cry.’ He told her.

‘You both have had us all crazy for months.’  Seokjin wailed, she walked in, placing the food down before she dropped it everywhere and collapsed into an empty chair to the side of the bed.  ‘Let me cry happy tears for once watching you love each other.  Eat your food.’

Taehyung laughed, winking at Alexa who giggled at her, before the hunger over took them both and the smell of whatever it was Seokjin had brought them took over. 

 

Seokjin had them both up moving around after testing them both again thoroughly before declaring that despite everything they were both as healthy as she could tell.  It was her recommendation that they both visit a proper doctor sometime in the near future to get better assessed though. 

Jungkook had brought some of their things from Taehyung’s apartment for them, mostly clothes, since Seokjin wanted them to stay in their home for a little while longer before letting them go home again. 

‘Jinnie what if they can’t keep their hands off each other?  You need to let them go home.’  Hoobi giggled over dinner the following evening. 

‘They are perfectly allowed to do whatever they want in that room.  I don’t care.’  She declared with a wide grin.

‘Yeah, we’ll just burn the room down after you’ve gone.’  Namjoon laughed, throwing a wink towards Alexa. 

‘Jinnie we’ll be good.’  Taehyung told her, with Alexa in his lap.  All night long he hadn’t let her from his sight.  Keeping a hand around hers, or her waist, or her shoulders.  Not that she was complaining.  Now she could feel the soulbond she wanted to be as close to Taehyung as possib

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter