Chapter 20

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alexa hurt all over.  Though the real pain was coming from inside her.  Like some kind of deep ache in a place she couldn’t reach inside herself and it hurt, it really hurt.  The noise behind her seemed to be growing, cheers of people celebrating and enjoying themselves.  Alexa looked behind her to see a group of people she had never met before chatting with each other, dancing and smiling. 

‘Taehyung, what’s happening?’ she moaned with her eyes closed turning towards where she thought he was stood next to her

‘They’re all celebrating now.’  Seokjin’s voice seemed to whisper. 

‘Seokjin, who’s celebrating?  Why?’  Alexa asked her.  Looking up, Seokjin was a man.  A very handsome man, tall with broad shoulders.  Her hair was now short and styled back off her face.  Her face was ultimately almost the same, exactly the same soft pillow like-plump lips.  She had the same caring and kind dark eyes, except she was a man.  

‘Seokjin!’  Alex cried up at the strange man.  She knew it was her friend, it definitely sounded like her friend.

‘I know.  My dad told me there’s going to be a parade later, he couldn’t stop them once they announced the news.’  Jungkook used the same kind of whisper to reply to her. 

‘A parade for what?’  Alexa asked as she turned to her other side to see Jungkook.  Thankfully he looked exactly the same as always.  

‘It’s sickening really.  After all the corruption in that place that was covered up, was anything said about the guards that attacked her?’  Hoobi’s voice shrill.

‘Who?’ Alexa turned to the sound of Hoobi’s voice.  Jumping backwards, Hoobi had also turned into a man.  Her hair was short too, and black, which was strange after getting used to Hoobi’s strange and wild hair colours.  Like Seokjin her jaw was much more masculine, and she was tall, strong.  Her face was still exceptionally pretty though, even though Alexa could see she was clearly a man.

‘Hoobi, Seokjin, what’s going on, why do you look like that?’  She asked them.

‘No.’  Jungkook’s answered heavily. ‘Covered it all up.’

‘At least she’s free.’  Yoongi spoke.  Alexa noticed Yoongi for the first time next to Hoobi.  Hoobi had her arm around her soulmate, much in the same way Yoongi would hold her.  Taking in the details of Yoongi’s face, Alexa gasped, he was now a woman.  His hair was longer than usual, about shoulder length gently curling under his chin, and he had bangs feathered across his forehead.  His cheeks were softly blushed in a rosy colour and his lips had a hint of dark pink lipstick.  He made a very sweet looking woman.

‘Yoongi- Yoongi, why are you-?’ Alexa gasped at him confused with why everyone except Jungkook had changed. The pain in her chest seemed to flare reminding her it was there, like a heavy lead weight bobbing in her soul.

‘Where is Taehyung?’ she asked each of them desperate for an answer from any one of them. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Any change with him?’  Namjoon was speaking now.  Alexa looked up at the tall form of Namjoon.  Usually quite a handsome man he was now a woman, with short hair, similar to Yoongi, but he wasn’t nearly as sweet looking.  He looked simply bizarre as a woman.

‘Namjoon, why are you a girl now?’  Alexa asked him lazily.

‘Same.’  Seokjin sighed.

‘Same?  What does that mean?’  Alexa asked feeling suddenly more alert to the conversation.  She turned to see Seokjin, who was still a man looking down at her hands entwined with Namjoon’s.

‘Jungkook isn’t doing so well.’ Namjoon spoke again.

‘I know, I gave him something to try and relax him, but I don’t think he expected any of this to last so long.’

‘None of us did really.  Jimin is doing his best to distract him, but I think it’s pulling at his bond and hurting him more than he lets on.’  Namjoon answered her. 

‘I know it does.  He cried to Hoobi yesterday about everything.  He’s trying to be strong, but Jungkook was always the strong one.’  Seokjin said, sighing as she pressed her lips to Namjoon’s hand. 

Alexa’s mind raced worrying about Jimin.  Though she had spent little time with him she got the impression he was sensitive.  ‘Poor Jimin.’ She commented, though neither Namjoon nor Seokjin reacted to her.  It was frustrating to not know exactly what they were talking about.  To have them both continue to ignore her.  As she thought about it, the ache in her soul began to throb, the pain took over her thoughts, washing away her worries of Jimin.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoongi was singing.  It wasn’t a recording, there was no music, it was just his voice.  Every now and then he would let the words tumble into nothing as he either forgot the words to his songs or else got bored of singing. 

Alexa looked over at him, though his voice was exactly the same, he still looked like a woman.  Flipping his hair behind him as he sang to himself. 

It was soothing though to listen to his soft voice gently prod at her, lulling Alexa into some kind of comfort.  The lead weight in her chest felt less somehow.

‘I like that one.’  Jungkook commented causing Yoongi to stop.

He scoffed before he answered Jungkook. ‘Everyone likes that one.’

‘It’s Taehyung’s favourite.’  Jungkook said.

‘I know.’  Yoongi sighed back.  ‘I thought I would try it out on her.’

‘Do you think it’s working?’

‘Maybe.  I really don’t know Jungkook. Does she look any different to when you come in?’

‘A little.’  Jungkook yawned.  ‘Go back to Hoobi, it’s late.  I’ll stay.’

‘Jungkook, you look tired yourself.’  Yoongi was beginning to argue.

‘I’m fine.’ He said.

Yoongi could be heard shuffling around the room, sighing into the silence between them. 

‘Make sure you sleep enough too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter