Chapter 11

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything seemed to happen in slow motion.  Alexa turned to Taehyung, slumped on the chair, with his eyes closed, his head lolling backwards in an unnatural way.  She fell down to grab him, fear cursing through her.

‘Tae- Taehyung, Taehyung,’ she grabbed his shirt, shaking him.

‘Tae?’  Jungkook had turned and noticed he had passed out.

‘Hmm, I’m ok.’  Taehyung opened his eyes, up at Alexa, blinking several times.

‘Taehyung?  What happened?’  Jungkook was crouching down looking at him with a furrowed brow.

‘I’m fine.  It’s really hot in here, I might be dehydrated.  Give me some water will you.’  He dismissed Jungkook, holding out a hand for his water.

‘You are sick.’  Alexa whispered to him, she knew it, though she couldn’t feel it, he had been sick all day.

‘No, no, sweetness, I just need more water, I’m completely fine.’  He smiled at her, as his eyes flicked over to Namjoon. 

‘Should I check you?  Or get a doctor?’  Seokjin was leaning over Alexa looking him over with worried eyes.

‘No Jinnie, I told you, I’m ok.’ He shook his head, shaking her off.

Jungkook passed him the water bottle, which he guzzled quickly, grinning to everyone to prove he was absolutely fine.  He couldn’t be dehydrated though, he had at least one full bottle of water already. 

‘I’m fine honestly.’  He twisted his head grinning at everyone the way he would usually.  ‘I’m sorry I missed Yoongi’s proposal.’ He sighed getting back up on his feet a little unsteadily. 

Namjoon was frowning at him deeply, keeping his eyes on him as everyone else began to gather their things. 

‘Hoobi said we should see them tomorrow, for the little party.’  Seokjin said looking at her phone where a message had just appeared. 

‘We were holding it for them anyway,’ Namjoon nodded, putting his arm around Seokjin to direct her out, throwing a cautionary look over his shoulder at Taehyung.

‘You sure you’re ok?’  Namjoon asked him.

‘Yeah, I guess I just need to get out of here.’  Taehyung nodded, looking deeply at him.  ‘Let’s take a walk on the beach baby?’ He asked Alexa, putting his arm around her following in Seokjin and Namjoon’s wake.

‘Are you sure?  Shouldn’t you go to bed?’  She asked him worriedly. 

‘No, I slept all day, let’s go and get fresh air.’  He smiled at her.  ‘You guys can drop us there right?’  He turned to Jungkook who’s eyes were set on him severely.

‘Yeah it’s fine right?  If you’re sure you don’t need anything,’ Jimin answered in place of Jungkook’s silence. 

‘Yeah, thanks.’ He smiled back at him.

‘Maybe you should go straight back to the hotel.’  Jungkook found his voice.

‘I said I’m fine.’  Taehyung shook his head turning away from him. 

Making their way back to the car no one talked too much.  It was already 11pm, the concert had gone on for a long time, longer than Alexa had expected.  She wasn’t tired though, too full of worry for Taehyung and how strangely he was acting. 

Jungkook drove them in silence, and while Jimin attempted to talk about the show and how cool Yoongi was, Jungkook and Taehyung only answered him half-heartedly before he gave up and let the silence sit between them.  Jungkook pulled up, not far from the hotel, at a walk way entrance to the beach.

‘Is here ok?’ He asked turning himself in his seat to look at them both.

‘Great!’  Taehyung exclaimed, getting out the car first.

‘Hey,’ Jungkook stopped Alexa as she was about the climb out, ‘Make sure he’s ok?  Please?’ 

Nodding at him, she intended to keep that promise, she didn’t want him to be ill just as much as Jungkook. 

As soon as she stepped out of the car, Taehyung took her waist and began to walk them both towards the beach front, which was totally empty.  The breeze was nice washing over them bringing with it the salty sea air smell.  It was completely relaxing. 

Inhaling deeply, Taehyung sighed.  ‘It’s nice right?’ he asked, smiling at her. 

‘Yeah it’s really nice.’ She agreed, keeping an eye on him.  ‘Taehyung, you would tell me, if you were sick?’ she asked.

He looked at her, surprise in his eyes at her question, rearranging his face quickly, he smiled, ‘Of course I would. But I’m ok baby, please don’t worry about me.’  He kissed her head as they walked further on the beach.  The sand under their toes was warm and comforting.  Taehyung pulled her to sit down on the sand, digging his feet into the earth pulling her into him, wrapping himself around her from the back, they sat and watched the waves crashing onto the shore together. 

‘Did you have fun?’ he asked her, her arms.

‘Um, yeah, Yoongi is really amazing.’ She told him, feeling warm and protected like she always did in Taehyung’s hold.

‘He is, he’s worked really hard to get where he is.’ Taehyung commented planting a soft kiss on her shoulder. 

‘Did he tell you he was going to propose like that?’ She asked.

‘Yeah, he asked me and Namjoon if it was a good idea.  Hoobi would have loved it.’ He chuckled.

‘I wouldn’t like it that way.’ She mumbled, thinking about all the people watching and waiting.  It was just too public. 

‘I know.  If I asked you to marry me like that you would definitely say no.’ he laughed. 

She had never thought about marrying Taehyung.  She still couldn’t believe he even wanted her around still, or even loved her.  Even though they were soulmates, they had been soulmatched, not everyone chose to marry.  Marrying someone signified that not only did you accept them, but you truly loved them, regardless of if you were soulmates or not.   It was an old tradition people still enjoyed doing.

‘You – you thought about that?’ she asked him nervously.  If he was to ask her, she would want to say yes, but of course she would be terrified of the thought.  If it was even possible.

‘Of course, I have.’ He said slowly.  ‘Don’t worry, I know everything is still so new and scary.  You’re not ready yet.’ He whispered into her ear.  ‘Yoongi and Hoobi have been matched for three years, they have known each other for so much longer, and they still waited.’ He explained.  ‘I’ve known about you since you were 12 and I think I’ve been in love with you since then too.’ He began softly to her hair.  ‘I’ve been waiting for you my whole life.’

She shivered as he kissed the nape of her neck softly continuing to listen to him.  ‘But you’ve been expecting rejection your whole life.  So, I know, you need more time, and you need as much of my affection as I can give you.’ He continued to press kisses down her neck as he whispered to her. 

‘Taehyung,’ she moaned as his lips left her.  ‘I feel sad I can’t love you like that.’ She admitted.  ‘I want to, I just don’t know how – how,’ she faltered for the right words.

‘How to forget the past?’ he answered for her. 

She nodded, ‘I see Hoobi and Yoongi, who are so equally in love, and comfortable, and Namjoon and Seokjin adore each other, and even Jimin and Jungkook.  I want to give you everything back, but the fear-,’ her voice cracked with the guilt.

‘Shh, it’s ok, I’m ok.  I understand.’ He held her more tightly.  Rubbing his face into her hair.  ‘Everything is ok like this.  You’re with me, and it’s enough right now.  You’re safe in my arms.’ 

‘Don’t go anywhere, please.’ She whispered.  She wasn’t sure what she was asking, don’t leave her, don’t send her back to prison, don’t give up on her.  Maybe she was trying to covey it all.

‘I won’t.’ He promised, nuzzling his chin onto her shoulder. 

 

 

The next day they were invited by Seokjin and Namjoon to his house for Yoongi and Hoobi’s party.  Alexa thought it was just a party since they were all there, but Seokjin had planned it with Yoongi, as a kind of, celebration for their engagement. 

‘Jinnie, did you make all this?’  Jimin asked as she lead them through the house into a large open kitchen.  The bar was covered in food, way too much food for the 8 of them and a cake which had ‘Congratulations ‘Yoobi,’ written in purple icing that could feed 50 people.  The kitchen led out into a large garden, with a small swimming pool and a deck.  To the other side, into a seated living area, with large cream coloured sofas.

‘No way, I got Namjoon to order caterers,’ she answered him, as he giggled back with her. 

‘Actually, I think he ordered way too much, there’s no way we are going to finish all this, please eat as much as you can,’ she whispered before Namjoon appeared from the garden. 

‘What are you whispering about?’ He asked her, his dimples appearing as he smiled at her.

‘Just what a good job you did at ordering the catering honey.’ She answered him, smiling her plump lips at him as he stole a kiss from her, looking very proud of himself.

‘Well, I’m hungry,’ Jungkook smiled, taking a plate from Seokjin and piling everything high on the plate.

‘Slow down,’ Jimin followed him, frowning at his plate.  ‘I can’t believe how much you eat.’ He mumbled shaking his head.

‘You can eat just as much,’ he . 

‘Alexa are you hungry?  Let me get you a plate.’  Seokjin turned to her, fussing around to get her a plate.

‘Tae, - can I have a word?’ Namjoon stepped over to them.  ‘Um, outside?’  He looked at him for a long time.

‘Sure, sure.’  Taehyung agreed, turning to Alexa.

‘It’ll only take a minute,’ Namjoon smiled at her, as Taehyung was about to reassure her.  Nodding at them, Taehyung kissed her briefly before following outside.

‘Where is Hoobi and Yoongi?’ She timidly asked Seokjin, sticking close by her as she took food for herself from their buffet. 

‘They’re outside, actually that reminds me.’  Seokjin smiled turning her head over her shoulder, ‘Hoobi, come and eat.’

‘Ok coming!’ Hoobi’s voice called back. 

‘Don’t trust men to order food.’  Seokjin mumbled, wistfully staring at the many trays in front of her. 

Hoobi gigged as she joined them, taking a plate for herself, winking at Alexa.  It was surprising how comfortable she was with the two women, finding she smiled back at them with ease, listening to their conversation. 

‘Yoongi would be a pain if I asked him to do something like this.  Not ordering too much, he’d probably order too little, and check everything three hundred times.’  Hoobi was telling Seokjin. 

‘I don’t know which is worse.’  Jimin grinned through eating a chicken leg.  ‘But don’t worry Jinnie, Jungkook can eat forever.  He’ll finish whatever is left.’ 

‘I can hear you.’  Jungkook called over to him, also digging into his food.

‘Love you,’ Jimin called back, blowing a kiss in his direction, making Jungkook’s ears turn slightly pink while the girls giggled at him. 

Taehyung and Namjoon came back within minutes, Taehyung was frowning, and Namjoon looked concerned.  As soon as Taehyung looked at Alexa the smile popped up on his face, bouncing over to her to pick some of the food from her plate before tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter