Chapter 21

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alexa opened her eyes slowly.  She had the overwhelming feeling of a lot of time having passed by since she took the serum Namjoon and Jungkook gave her at the prison. 

Her body seemed to ache with fatigue, her muscles and limbs felt heavy like they hadn’t been used in a long time.  was desperately dry, and she was starving for some food. 

Her brain took a while to catch up with her reality.  She didn’t know where she was as her eyes darted around the room, some faint glow of sunlight seeped in through closed curtains, casting an orange hue around the walls, though she could barely turn her head to see. 

She could remember drinking the serum and the warm pain that flooded her seconds later, just before the whole world went blank.  It was then she became aware of the feeling inside her that didn’t seem to belong to herself.  There was some mild pain she could feel, similar to her own, mostly fatigue, hunger and stiff joints.  She could also feel a longing like a dam being spilled open the longing for Taehyung took over all over her emotions. 

‘Alexa,’

Her heart soared, beating wildly against the confides of her rib cage at hearing his voice, she turned her head towards the sound, enough so she could see Taehyung, laid out next to her.  His large eyes blinked at her almost in disbelief as a small smile wound its way onto his face.  He sounded exactly how she felt, tired, groggy from having been asleep for a long time.

‘Taehyung.’ She sighed back at him, smiling towards him.  The feeling of being home, secure was filling her up along with another feeling of depthless love and adoration.  

‘How did you do it?’ he asked her, his voice cracking just a little with the obvious dryness in his throat.

‘What?’ she asked him.  Blinking at him several times like he wasn’t real.  Maybe they were both dead?

‘How did you undo it?’ He said again, his eyes still intensely trained on her, making her feel shy.  His handsome face broke into a heart-breaking smile.  ‘I can feel you, you’ve accepted me.  The rejection is gone.’

‘It worked?’ she whispered, hardly daring to believe it. 

‘What worked?’ he asked his eyes creasing in confusion.

‘The serum Namjoon found to unreject.  It worked.’ She repeated, amazed at how they were both alive. 

‘Serum?’ he blinked at her like he had never heard of such a thing.  ‘Can you feel me?’ He asked eagerly.  His voice was beginning to come back to him now. 

She thought about it before she answered.  Yes, she could feel him.  It was like he had explained to her once before, her own feelings and then his, and when they felt the same it was like an overwhelming emotion, layering on top of her own. 

‘You miss me, like I miss you.’  She told him, trying to pin point the exact emotion.  It was hard to describe with words, there didn’t seem to be the right word to explain the depth of the feeling.

He grinned widely at her in agreement.  She could feel his pride, his love for her without seeing the look on his face. 

‘You’re not in pain anymore?’ she asked him nervously.  Immediately she remembered what she had done.  The fact she hadn’t seen him since she went back to prison.

‘No.’ he smiled, but the smile faltered as her mind ran over her own pain, the memories of going back in prison.  The guilt of leaving Taehyung to be in pain.  Taehyung moved, they were both in the same bed, carefully he reached out to her his long finger down her cheek. 

‘I’m ok.’ He repeated, focusing on her.

‘I’m sorry,’ she choked back at him, her guilt seemed to overwhelm her.  She could feel the pain he had felt as he remembered realising she was going back to prison and it was devastating.  ‘I’m sorry I made you feel like that.’ She cried.

‘Don’t cry, don’t cry.’ He cooed, cupping her face in his large hands.  ‘You did it to save everyone, I know, I’m not angry.  It’s ok. Now I can feel how you love me.’  He pressed his lips against hers, the sudden contact of his lips was pure ecstasy, overruling all the pain she felt seconds before.  It was as if she had never been kissed before the feeling of him was so intense.  She kissed him back, everything poured out into the kiss.  How much they both longed for each other, how much they had missed each other, chasing the ecstasy.  No wonder soulmatched couples constantly touched each other. 

‘Oh wow.’ She gasped pulling back out of the kiss to gain some air. 

He grinned at her, cheeky, life flaring in his eyes.  ‘Now you know how I felt whenever you kissed me.’ He whispered, peppering her skin with more kisses. 

‘I can’t believe it worked.’ She gasped looking around the room they were in for the first time. 

They were both hooked up to medical devices, beeping and occasionally whirring.  For the first time she realised she had an IV in her, and other wires hooked into them.

‘Where are we?’ she asked Taehyung, unable to remember at all.  Searching her mind, she thought she would have woken up in prison. 

‘This is Seokjin and Namjoon’s house.’  Taehyung answered her.  ‘After you went back, they made me stay here.’ He explained, taking in the medical machines too.  ‘I was in so much pain and so tired Seokjin made me sleep most of the time, she would give me pain killers whenever it got too much.’ Taehyung’s hand had found hers, which he softly as he explained what happened to him.  His touch was warm and reassuring, grounding her from getting too upset.

‘I’m sorry,’ she said, turning slowly to lay on her side to face him.  ‘I tried, every second of every day I tried to fight so you wouldn’t feel any of my pain.’

Taehyung’s face crumbled.  Inside she could feel his weird mixture of pride and love for her along with his own crushing pain when he remembered her in pain.  Each feeling was so strong it almost took her breath away each time she felt something new. 

‘I know you did.  I could feel you fighting against it, so I wouldn’t feel it as much.  I know you were trying every day to help me. I could feel you willing yourself to unreject me.’  He bit down on his lip softly as he looked away from her.  ‘I love you so much.’ He smiled recovering his face from his pain.  ‘But I don’t know how you’re here.  I don’t remember them telling me what they were planning.’ He blinked.  It seemed that he had been asleep for a long time too.  ‘I don’t remember hearing about a serum.’

It was hard to remember what happened.  It all felt like such a long time ago.  Alexa stared at Taehyung wilfully trying to get her mind to remember. 

‘They told me you told them you didn’t want me to take it.’  She whispered slowly, making sense of the scenes playing out in her mind.  ‘There was too much of a risk, Jungkook said, - your dad said not to -.’

‘My dad?’  Taehyung frowned, his confused look deepening.  ‘I haven’t spoken to my dad since you went back to prison.  I was so angry with him.’

‘So, you didn’t tell them you didn’t want me to take it?  They said, it was my life or yours, I could die, but you could live.’ She mumbled, trying to put the pieces back together.

‘What?’ he asked her.  Moving to wrap an arm around her and pull her closer to him he said, ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about my love, but anything that risked your life I wouldn’t have agreed too.’  Rubbing his nose against hers he pressed another kiss into her lips, temporarily making her forget what they were talking about. 

It was at that moment, lost in their kiss, a scream and a smash brought them back to reality.  Both turning at the same time towards the door, where Jimin stood, mouth wide open and messy blond hair looking at the pair of them as if he had seen a ghost.  It looked like he had dropped a glass of water he was holding, smashed glass and puddles of water around his feet.

‘You’re awake,’ He whispered, bending in half awkwardly letting out a strangled giggle with his hands over his mouth. 

‘You’re awake, you’re BOTH awake.  And you’re kissing, KISSING.  I need to get Seokjin, and Jungkook, oh my god, Jungkook, he’s going to be so happy.  We’ve been so worried, so worried.  You don’t know how long, and when you, at first, BOTH OF YOU, Oh my word!’  Jimin was speaking at a crazy speed, pacing on the spot and pointing towards them, bending in half with his disbelief, every so often making a strange sound like over excited giggling.

Alexa turned to catch a look at Taehyung.  His face was set into an amused frown at Jimin’s bumbling she had to stifle her laugh at him too.

‘Jimin, calm down.’  Taehyung said carefully, keeping his voice level. 

‘OH MY GOSH YOU’RE FINE!’ He cried running over to the pair of them, unable to decide what to do with his hands or himself. 

‘I’ll get the others.  Wait, don’t move.’

With that, he ran through his smashed glass, his footsteps echoing through the halls.

‘We must have been out a long time.’  Taehyung said simply, dragging a lazy finger across Alexa’s face as if nothing had happened. 

‘Is that why I feel so sore?’ She asked.

‘Yeah, I think so, stiff, like we haven’t moved in a while.’  He answered kissing her cheek, as several sets of f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter