Chapter 18

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Do you think it worked?’  Jungkook asked, his eyes travelling over Alexa slumped in the seat in front of them.

‘Definitely.’  Namjoon answered without hesitation. 

‘We can discuss this later, we’ve not got a lot of time.  Namjoon go and get Seokjin, we’ve got to make this look right.’ 

Namjoon stood up and ran to the door, his footsteps could be heard echoing down the halls. 

‘I can’t believe she took it.’  Jungkook spoke into the silence. 

‘I can if she loves him like you say.  I just hope it worked.  Let’s get her out of here before there is too many questions.’

Jungkook and his father moved around the table, carefully lifting Alexa and placing her on the floor. 

‘Get ready.’  Jungkook whispered hearing the echoes of several footsteps running back into the room.  Within seconds, Seokjin had come with Namjoon and two guards. 

‘Chief?’  One of the guards questioned the scene in front of him. 

‘She collapsed during interrogation, too weak.  Give the doctor some space now.’ He told them, moving them back from Alexa’s body.

Seokjin pulled out her stethoscope, pressing it into Alexa’s chest.  She fumbled around before looking up at Jungkook and then his father. 

‘Dead.’  Seokjin declared, bowing her head slightly.  The guards cheered, Jungkook’s father smiled with them, turning back to Seokjin and Namjoon on the floor.  

‘Get her out of here then.’  He ordered.

‘We can do that Chief, there’s a fresh hole dug outside.’  The other guard declared happily.

‘No, her body needs to be sent off, new rules right Namjoon? Once she’s dead it needs to be verified.’

‘Yes Sir.’  He answered. 

‘New rules,’ one guard mumbled angrily, glaring at Namjoon.  ‘We’ve had enough of them.’   

‘Absolutely, but rules are rules and if we break them we are just as bad.  Go and process the paperwork, Namjoon will need it quickly.’ 

‘Yes Sir.’ He answered, turning and leaving with the other guard. 

Jungkook looked up at his dad, with Alexa in his arms.  ‘Thank you.’ He told him. 

He nodded back at him solemnly, ‘Take her now.  Seokjin make sure you keep a good watch on her and my grandchild in there.  When will she wake up?’

‘Did she take it all?’  Seokjin asked.

‘The whole thing.’ Namjoon answered. 

‘Couple of hours at least.’   

‘Right well you don’t want her waking up on you while driving get going now. Take the back exits, don’t parade her through the guards.  Namjoon come with me, take the paperwork and then you can leave.’ He ordered, Namjoon nodded, waiting outside the door with Seokjin as Jungkook picked Alexa up in his arms with her head lolling backwards and followed. 

‘Jungkook.’

‘Yes Dad?’  He turned.

‘Let me know how Taehyung is as soon as he wakes up.’ 

‘I will.’

 

Jungkook and Seokjin ran towards the van Namjoon had arranged as he followed the Chief to grab the paperwork.  Jungkook got in first, placing Alexa down on the make shift bed they had set up. 

‘All good?’  Yoongi called from the driver’s seat.

‘Like clockwork, Yoongi.  Namjoon is getting the papers.’  Jungkook said from the back as they took their seats.

‘Seokjin, check her, check the baby.’ He implored her. 

‘Alright, alright, don’t panic Jungkook.’  Seokjin told him as she hooked Alexa up to the medical devices she had set up in the back of the van.  Machines began to beep and whir as she attached them to her wrist, around her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter