Chapter Seven

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   S  e  v e n .

B a e k h y u n

I watch Mi Ho as she smiles while she works. I guess she loved what I did for her yesterday. Well that’s great. I was practically anxious thinking that I made her cry. I don’t want her thinking that I was insensitive after all. I guess Seulgi’s purpose for making me hire her was to make me have closure with her so that nothing can hinder us from being happy.

“Here.”

“Thanks.” I say taking the cup of tea from Chanyeol. Mi Ho enters and bowed at me. “Something you need?”

“Oh, not you exactly Mr. Byun.” she faces Chanyeol and hands her phone to him. “Um, I received a call on my phone but he said that he wanted to talk to you?”

“I’ll take the call for a while Mr. Byun.” I nod and watch as he takes the call.

“Yes? This is Park Chanyeol speaking-“ After hearing the person from the other line, Chanyeol seemed to freeze. He looks at both of us and excused himself. I wonder what that call is all about.

“I wonder who that is.” I smile hearing what Mi Ho said. The thought of us thinking of the same thing made me smile. She looks at me in confusion. “Is something wrong Mr. Byun? You have a huge grin on your face.”

“No, it’s nothing.” I replied.

“I see.” I noticed that she’s wearing the pin that I gave her yesterday.

“It looks great.”

“Huh? What is?”

“Your pin.” She touches it and chuckles.

“Well you gave it to me.” I nod in satisfaction. Everything in my taste is great. Chanyeol returns and grabs Mi Ho. “Chan?”

“I would like to speak to you for a moment.”

“Why don’t you talk here instead? Is it something that is to be kept from me?” Chanyeol was taken back for a moment and sighed in defeat.

“It’s not that sir.” He sighs again facing Mi Ho. “I need to ask you a favor.”

Mi Ho nods. “Anything.”

“I need you to forward me all the unknown calls and emails that you will be receiving from now on. I shall answer them all.”

“Sure but, is something wrong?” He shakes his head smiling.

“It’s nothing. Will you do that for me?”

“Mm! Sure!”

He pats her head like always and as usual, it ticks me off. “Alright, enough. Get back to work you two!”

“Ah, yes!” Mi Ho replied and headed back to her seat. I look at Chanyeol who’s not moving a bit.

“I thought I just said go back to work?”

“Yes but, Sir, I would have to attend to something later. I think Mi Ho will be the one driving you home today.”

“What? Is it important?”

“Yes.” I sigh.

“Fine. Do what it is that you seem fit.”

He nods bowing. “Thank you.”

I really don’t get that guy. But I am impressed. Whenever he’s at work, he’s totally civil and formal. But when I asked him to talk and treat me as a friend, he changes completely. I wonder how he does that.

»« »« »«

On my way back from the comfort room, I heard Mi Ho talking on the phone. "Mm. I'm not sure if I'll be back early today but I'll try! I'll get Sejoon something on my way back as a bribe," she chuckles. Oh right, she will be taking me home today that's why she's expecting to be home late. ""Mm. Thank you very much Unnie! I'll see you later." She hangs up and was about to return to her desk when she sees me. "Mr. Byun!"

"Pack your things. I'm going home."

"But it's still an hour early."

"Do I have to repeat myself?"

"No sir! I'll prepare the car now."

"Good, I'll meet you in the lobby." Grabbing my phone on my way out, I received a message for Chanyeol. I look at round if he is there but he's not, the precision of this guy is truly unbelievable!

I left earlier than expected Mr. Byun, as planned, I already told Mi Ho that she will be taking you home. I will be back as soon as I took care of everything. If you need anything, you can call me.

"God, how can you do that seriously?" I head to the elevator and walked to the entrance. Mi Ho's already there waiting for me. She's fast too. Did Chanyeol train her to be like this too?

"Mm. Then I'll stop by the supermarket to buy those on my way home. Bye!" I wonder if it's Minseok hyung's wife again that she's talking to. "Oh, Mr. Byun! You're here."

I nod and got in the car. I look at Mi Ho as she starts the car. Is she that busy now that she's a mom? And she's busy when at work too. Now she has to go through chores when at home. I wonder if that's hard for her. "Mi Ho."

"Yes?"

"Stop by the supermarket. I have to go grocery shopping."

"I thought Chanyeol does that for you."

"He's not around and I have to have those things at home."

"Oh, is that so? Okay then." She turns right at the intersection and headed straight as instructed. We arrive the supermarket and I grab a cart making Mi Ho look at me like I am a kid who suddenly started walking. “Oh my, this is new.”

“You want to get fired?” She laughs shaking her head. “Let’s go!” I notice she took a basket with her why did she do that? “What are you doing?”

“Oh, I’ll buy the things that we need at home now that I am here too Mr. Byun.”

“Put that back.”

“Why?”

“Just put yours in this cart! It can fit anyway!”

“Are you sure?” I look at her in disbelief. She sighs in defeat. “If you insist then. Oh! I’ll take the cart.”

“Oh! Hey!” She takes it from me and walked ahead. She walks to the kid’s section. I guess she’s taking the things that her kid needs. “Why are you taking only one?” I point at the diapers that she got.

“Oh, Sejoon only wears it at night since he can’t wake up whenever he needs to go to pee. But at daytime, he can go to the toilet himself. I bought him his own urinal already.” She chuckles.

“You, do you raise that kid alone?”

“Yes, but Sehun stops by our house to help from time to time.”

“Oh.” So that guy does the work that the father is supposed to do. I can’t hate him from that.

“You want to ask don’t you?”

“About what?”

“Sejoon’s dad.” She smiles at me painfully and I still hate that. Her old habit didn’t stop. I wish that could disappear instead.

“Not really. I don’t care.”

She chuckles. “Right? Haha. Sorry Mr. Byun.” She’s calling me that again. Unlike Chanyeol, she doesn’t remove our boundary whenever we’re alone. I’m just a boss now to her huh? “Mr. Byun?”

“What?”

“Aren’t you going to take the things that you need?”

“I will. When we pass on that section.”

She smiles nodding. “Okay then! Just tell me when we get there.”

We turn by the next corner and saw vegetables. Mi Ho took a variety of them and I watch her. She almost took one of everything in there. Except for one, carrots. “You won’t be needing these?” Ironically, even though I hate this vegetable, I am holding it as I show it to her. I don’t know why but I just despise it.

“Oh, I won’t. Whenever I cook it was always just Sejoon and me. And he doesn’t like carrots so yeah.”

“Oh, that’s comforting to know that I am not the only being that despises this thing-“ when I look back at Mi Ho after returning the carrot, she has her hand on staring at me wide-eyed. “Something the matter?”

She gasps snapping out of it and smiled bitterly again. She’s putting that face again. “No, nothing’s wrong. I’m fine. I got everything that I need.”

“Then let’s pay.”

“Wait!” She grabs hold of my sleeve and I turn. “You haven’t gotten anything yet. I thought the reason why we’re here is because you’re going grocery shopping?”

Oh right, the grocery shopping thing.

I look around me and saw ice cream. I walk over and took a gallon of ice cream and placed it on the cart. Well that will suffice. Mi Ho looks at me and chuckles. “Now let’s go.”

After paying, we walk to the parking lot with all the things that we, or rather, Mi Ho bought back to the car. She opens the door for me and I sigh. Somehow this time, this feels totally wrong. I grab the door closing it and she stares in confusion. “You get in.” I open the front seat door.

“What? But I am supposed to be driving!”

“Get.in.” She bit her lower lip feeling defeated and do as I told her to. “Instruct your address. I’ll drive you home-“

“WAIT NO!” I look at her in surprise. “Ah, sorry! But there’s no need for that Mr. Byun!”

“Alright, I’ll call the HR for the address then-“

“F...Fine! Just head straight and turn left at the second intersection!!” I grin claiming my victory and do as she instructed. More directions and we reach her home. “W..We’re here.”

“Where do you live again?” She points her finger up and sighs. “Wait, up there?” She nods. “You live with your kid up there?!”

“Yes-“

“Mi Ho?” I turn seeing Sehun carrying a kid. Mi Ho gasps and turns to me. Is that her kid?

“S..Sehun!” Sehun looks at me then to all the groceries that we’re holding.

“I took her home. She has a lot to- oof!” I almost loose hold of the bag that I am holding when I felt something on my leg. I look down and saw a boy smiling at me.

“Are you my Dad mister?” He asked.

“What?”

“Mommy told me that Dad is busy that’s why he can’t see us yet-“

“S..Sejoon! Let’s go home!” Mi Ho takes the kid away and I guess that’s Sejoon. “U..Um, thank you for the drive home Mr. Byun! Please be careful on your way back!”

“But your groceries-“ I felt the bag being taken away. Sehun takes it from me.

“Thank you for taking her home, but I wish that this is the last time.” He leaves following Mi Ho leaving me behind.

I hate this feeling. I hate this looking like I have just lost the girl to the guy that I’ve been fighting with to get her.


UPDATE! ^^ I hoped you guys liked this one hehe ;) I was so thrilled as I am writing this fanfic and to be honest I didn’t expect this kind of plot when I first thought of it ^^ but so far I think it’s going well so I hope you’ll enjoy the rest of the chapters :)

 

- Cheonsabyul <3