Chapter Two

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   T w o .

M i   H o 

"But I believe introductions won't be needed is it?"

I stand firmly trying to contain myself when I feel like falling right now. I inhale deeply and force a smile. "It's your choice Mr. Byun." I reply. His face gives me that unsatisfied look and he leans on his desk as he stares.

"Leave us." He said to Ms. Yoon but his stare doesn't leave me.

"But I have not yet-"

"Do I have to repeat myself?"

"Ah, understood Mr. Byun!" I hear the door close and I am hoping he at least revert his look but my hopes failed me. He gives me a sarcastic laugh and crossed his arms.

"You've changed. I was expecting that you'll cry apologetically and quit on the spot but you're still here."

"I'm hired for a reason."

"I hired you." He replied firmly.

"Exactly. I believe you hired me for a reason. Why would I quit here and now?" His smile disappears and he gives me a look of distaste. I know he hates and despises me which is why he hired me to torture me. But I'm not quitting. I deserve this after all and.. it's all for Sejoon.

"You know well why I hired you Mi Ho."

"Yes, now I am in your care-" he laughs at my reply. He walks towards my direction and grab hold of my chin giving me a glare.

"Care? That is the last thing I am willing to give you." I expected him to be cold when we meet again but I didn't expect him to be this cold. “Take this.” He places a pile of folders in his desk and gives me a grin. “I don’t expect flaws. You’re smart aren’t you? Make yourself useful to me. These are the past records of my previous secretary. That should make you useful for a while.”

I take a step and grab the folders hugging them towards me. They’re a lot but I will have to manage. I don’t expect him to go easy on me anyways. When I was about to bow and greet him goodbye. He grabs my wrist and stared deeply. “Kim Mi Ho.”

I’ll be lying if I will say that my heart does not react when he called my name because it still does. He still has that huge effect on me. “Yes?” I try to contain myself and replied.

“Nice meeting you again.”

“Same here Mr. Byun.” I force a smile even though I know that was a sarcastic greeting and he doesn’t seem to be satisfied by my reply. I make my way out and head to my desk putting down all the folders. My hand is starting to shake. I forced myself to contain all of the unnecessary feelings back there and now everything’s overflowing. How much I missed him. How much I’ve wanted to see him again. How much I’ve been curious how he’s been doing since I left. I lean on my chair and sigh.

“Well, everything’s good for him now. Doesn’t that make everything worth it?” I try to satisfy myself when my phone buzzed. Sejoon’s face appeared and my heart breaks as I look back to Baekhyun inside his office. “Is it... really?”

Sehun’s name came across the screen and sent me a message. I grab it and opened his text.

Is everything well? Want to have lunch later?

I chuckle at his text as I look at the pile of work needing to be finished in front of me and tapped on reply. But I don’t think I can let him find out that I’m working for his cousin now or else he’ll ask me to resign. I can’t have that now when I have Sejoon with me.

I’m good but I don’t think I can go with the later. I have a lot going on right now.

I hit reply and placed my phone on silent. I have to finish this on time so I can pick up Sejoon early later.

»« »« »«

“Ms. Kim!” I stand as fast as I can and enter his office. This is the sixteenth time he has called for me and I know he’s playing with me. He’s furious with me after all.

“Yes! Mr. Byun...?” I chase after my breath and stand straight with my best smile.

“I need a new glass of water. I want three ice cubes in it and exactly half the glass only.”

I grab his glass nodding. “Understood.” I leave his office and headed to the pantry. I lean on the counter as I fill his glass ice and water. Damn that guy! How can I finish my work when he keeps on calling me?! I exhale cooling myself down and walk back to his office. “Here you go. One glass of water with three ice cubes in it, exactly half filled. Is there anything else I can help you with Mr. Byun?”

He looks at me then to his glass looking pleased and leaned on his chair afterwards. “Not that I can think of.” He said.

“Well, if you’ll excuse me.” I turn and I hear a laugh.

Yet.” I ignore him and return to my seat. When I sat down I felt a sting on my feet so I checked on it.

“Well would you look at that, I have blisters.” I sigh.

“He worked you hard ain’t he?” I look up hearing a familiar voice.

“Chanyeol!” I smile. “Wow, you work here too?”

“I’m tied to him.” He replied pointing at Baekhyun. Oh that’s right, Chanyeol’s family has been serving the Byun’s for generations so no wonder he’s still with him. “How’s he?”

He?”

Sejoon.” I freeze for a moment surprised that he knows Sejoon. I shake thinking does Baekhyun now about Sejoon too? “Relax. He does not know about Sejoon’s father.”

I felt that a huge fish bone was removed from my chest that it made me fall back on my seat making me sigh in relief. Chanyeol’s looking me in worry. I smile because he hasn’t changed. He still looks at me like his sister and I’m happy for that. “Would you like to see him sometime?” I say. He flashes a smile and nods.

“Tell me about the things that he likes so I can bring them over.”

“Oh no, your presence would be enough. I’m sure Sehun would like to see you too.”

He nods placing his phone back to his pocket after I placed my number in it. “I’ll meet him and talk to you again okay? Here.” He slides a couple of bandages on my desk. “Put this on. That’ll keep you for the rest of the day.”

I smile taking them. “Thank you.”

He nods walking inside as he meets Baekhyun. I thought a lot of things have changed, but it’s nice to see that some things remained the same.

»« »« »«

“Great! I made it in time!” I stretched my arms after reading the last file and glanced at the time. Five minutes to six. I won’t need to work overtime today! Baekhyun makes his way out and stop in front of my desk. I stand and greeted him. “Are you leaving now Mr. Byun?”

“Of course.” He eyes my desk and it’s clean. Ha! You thought I won’t finish that today huh? Nothing can keep me from seeing my Sejoon after all. “Did you finish what I ask of you?”

“Yes, I have already familiarized myself with the members of the boards and the records for the last three months.”

“How about the records that I ask you to look at?”

“I have sent them to your email Mr. Byun.”

“My schedule for tomorrow?”

“I just finished it. Would you like to see it?”

He seems unsatisfied with his look. “No need. I’ll see it tomorrow. I’ll be going then.”

“Please be careful on your way home!” I greeted and watch him leave. I grin and grab my things heading down. “Well, that wasn’t so bad for your first day Kim Mi Ho.” I smile as I walk out of the building. I stop when I see Sehun outside waiting. He sees me and smiled as he make his way to me. “Sehun.”

“How’s your day?”

I gasp looking around. Baekhyun just made his way out he didn’t see him did he?! “F..Fine. Why are you here?!”

“I told you that I’m going to pick you up did I?”

“Y..Yes but-“ he lowers himself and places a pair of flat shoes in front of me. “What’s that?”

“I thought that your feet might hurt with wearing these all day. You always wear flats after all.” He removes my heels for me and my heart is fluttering.

“I..I can do it by myself!”

He chuckles looking up. “What’s with you today? You’re acting all weird-“ he stops talking looking behind me and I turn. “Hyung?”


Hello everyone! I forgot to mention last time, I am so thankful that some of you subscribed and even upvoted this story even before the release of the first chapter ^^ You don't know how happy I am because of that! haha! I hope you like this chapter too ^^ Enjoy reading ~

- Cheonsabyul <3