Chapter Sixteen

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   S i x t e e n .

B a e k h y u n .

I stare at the door contemplating whether or not I should go in. It’s almost midnight but I am here outside his place. I have to know now what happened to Mi Ho or else I won’t be able to keep still. What Minseok hyung said earlier just bugged the hell out of me. She almost got killed? With that thought, I was able to ring the bell and the door opens.

“Hyung?” I push him walking inside and sat on the sofa. “I don’t think that’s the proper way to enter somebody’s home.”

“Sit, I have to ask you something.” He stares but doesn’t follow me. I know Sehun doesn’t trust me the way he did before but he’s the only one I can ask right now. I’m sure Chanyeol and Seulgi won’t tell me because they’re damn loyal to Mi Ho than me. But Sehun, he hates me because of what happened and telling me wouldn’t hurt for him. “What happened to Mi Ho three years ago?”

He narrowed his eyes at me and sits across me. See? I told you. “Why should I answer that question? What would I get if I do?”

“I’ll do anything you want.” He chuckles.

“Good deal. Besides, even if I didn’t get that, you will still choose to leave her alone. Or if you don’t, I think something’s wrong with that head of yours already. But just give me this,” he leans close towards the other end of the table and looks at me. “Let Mi Ho leave your side after a year. There’s only three months left. She agreed with me to leave your company after a year. So just let her do so.”

I freeze. “She’s...planning on leaving me? Again?”

Sehun laughs. “This is so hilarious really! Do you think you have the right to feel that way? Well, I will make you feel how you’re supposed to feel right now.” This guy, he really changed ever since the last time I saw him. “Three years ago, something happened between you and Mi Ho correct? That is why she is now confused as to who’s child Sejoon really is.”

I ball my hand to a fist in frustration. “After that day when you were both together at your old house, I visited Mi Ho’s household. She asked me about a reporter named Kim Dong Hyeon. I told her I know nothing about that guy and asked why. She told me that Dong Hyeon was actually asking if he can meet with Mi Ho to ask things about you. I know that Uncle was on a bad state back then Hyung. Up until that part, I respected everything about you.”

His eyes changed into colder ones. “But after that I don’t think I can. I told her that it would be dangerous because, she received a threat. That if she doesn’t meet him, he will release a rumor regarding your father which is why she met with him. You know Mi Ho and her brother got close to your family ever since their Dad died. When that happened, I’m guessing that the bastard drugged Mi Ho to sleep. She was asked to meet him in a café near a hotel so I think that’s where it all started. The next day she found herself on the bed and saw that bastard staring at her while she slept. She said she ran out of fear so she called us. Chanyeol and I.”

“Why didn’t she called me?!”

“You think she will call you when the reason why she’s there is because of you?!” I don’t want to admit it, but he’s definitely right. “She called me. When I answered, her voice was shaking as she asks for help. She was so scared hyung! And did you know where and how we found her?! She’s at the street wet under the hard rainfall and only covered with a blanket! She was so scared when she sees that she’s on a bed with a man that’s not you! That’s how loyal she is to you! She thinks she’s so dirty to be able to do that when she doesn’t even remember anything! She’s been having nightmares and can’t even hold men for a while because of that! Oh, and you know what? She can’t even stand the sound and look at the rain because she reminds her of that incident!”

“Whenever I look at her eyes, it looks blank. She really changed. I didn’t even see her smile for months. Until she finds out that she’s pregnant. I might not fully understand how hurt and pained she felt but I know the news that she was pregnant will totally ruin her even more. And guess what hyung? I am absolutely right. Minseok hyung found her at the bathroom one night with a lot of pregnancy test which tells that she really is pregnant. I can’t even imagine how the pain is keeping her from breathing. Then I think it just came through her. That everything was so hard that she wanted it to just end so she just slashed her wrist with a blade and we found her drenched in her own blood as she weep in her room. Luckily, she survived. And that’s how I started to hate you. I tried to go to you because I know that even though I am there beside her, I will not cause any change to her damaged heart because it’s just you that she loved so much. But when I know that you hated her for leaving you? I think you’re just a selfish person hyung, I really wanted to kill you back then. So much.”

“But now you know what’s keeping her going? Even now? The hope that she has that Sejoon might be your son! She can’t kill herself knowing that slightest possibility that she’s your son and she can’t kill anyone who has your blood! Do you understand what I am saying hyung? Do you now know why I wanted you to disappear from her life? Because one way or another, I know that her seeing you will just remind you of that dreadful moment! So please, just please! I beg you, stay away from Mi Ho.”

I feel dizzy. I don’t think I am even breathing? What he said just now... what did I just do to Mi Ho? I stand heading for the door. I have to get out of here. If I don't, I might end up killing myself. When I made it out, I feel something on my cheek. I look up and it's raining. I let out a ridiculous laugh. "Is this how you see rain Mi Ho? It's so dreadful."

I continued to walk. I don't even have any direction. I just walked. Just then, a car pulled over in front of me. Chanyeol. "YOU! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?! AND YOU'RE DRENCHED?! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Ah, it's past his working hours so he's here as my friend now. He drags me back to the car and drives. I don't even bother where we're going, but maybe home. When the car stops he opens the door. I'm right, home. "Just take a shower will you?"

I got off the car and head in. I need to break something. If not I will break. "AHHHHHHH!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and threw everything that I can throw. I wonder if Mi Ho even screamed back then, I hope she did. "THIS IS JUST SH*T!!" I threw the figurine at the wall and listen to the crashing sound.

Not enough. I have to break more.

I can't find anything that's not broken anymore. I scan the place and looked at the mirror. "No, not everything is broken yet." I walk back to the kitchen and grab a knife. If I break myself now, I wonder if it will feel good?

"BAEKHYUN!!!!!" I hear someone scream my name and before I knew it, I am on the floor lying. I open my eyes and see Chanyeol on top of me and grabbed the knife out of my hand. "WHAT THE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"

"Hit me. How can I even breathe and stand all those years after what happened to her? HIT ME UNTIL I DIE YOU BASTARD!!"

"You really want me to hit you? Because I would be honored to do that." The moment I nod I felt something hard on my cheek.

"That's for when you hated her for three years."

Another one.

"That's for you not knowing anything."

Another one.

"AND THAT'S FOR YOU ALMOST KILLING YOURSELF TODAY!" Just then he grabs my collar until I am seated. "And this," then he hugs me. "This is for you hurting today."

As soon as those words came out of his mouth, I cried. I cried so hard that I can't see anything but tears. "Don't stop hitting me... Keep saying reasons why I deserved to be hit.. Please... I'm sure there are a lot." I hang on to Chanyeol's sleeves begging but he didn't continue. He just held me as I cry until I stopped.

»« »« »«

The next day, everywhere I look is a mess. I don't feel bad though, in fact, I'm relieved I broke them. I hear someone come in. I guess Chanyeol got the new furniture in. "Chan-" I freeze when I turn seeing Mi Ho. Her eyes are wide in surprise as she looks at the place. Her eyes stopped on mine. I guess it's my bruised face. "Why are you here?"

She takes baby steps towards me and held out her hand until it reaches my face. "Did somebody break in? Have you called the police?" I don't answer because I can feel her hand shake. She's afraid. "Hey Baekhyun? Answer me. Please... Don't just stare at me.." She's now crying. I hurt her before now I am doing it again. "Baekhyun-"

"I heard you're leaving in a year. You don't have to wait for that. You can leave now." She looks at me surprised.

"H..How did you know that? Did you talk to Sehun?"

I close my eyes. Calm down Baekhyun. "Leave. Just leave.."

"I refuse." I look at her in disbelief. I am not in a mood for a fight with her right now but she's looking at me with such determination that I cannot make her leave at all. "I won't leave until you tell me what happened."

"Please," I release a breath trying to calm myself down. "Just leave while I'm being nice."

"Then yell at me."

" Mi Ho, JUST LEAVE!! I CAN'T BEAR TO EVEN LOOK AT YOU NOW AFTER EVERYTHING THAT YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH!" The basket of fruits that she has on her hand fell on the ground as she looks at me in surprise.

"Y...You knew? He told..you. Sehun did..." Why does she look like this? This is the first time I've seen her like this.

"Mi Ho-" she takes step back from me as tears flow endlessly on her eyes. They keep on coming to the point that she might not even be able to wipe it.

"You know now... No... This can't..." She sinks on floor. I gasp and pull her towards me before the shards get in her.

"Mi Ho." I pull her close to me. Are we the only ones who can comfort ourselves at this point? Because I think we're both shattered and broken now. "I'll tell Chanyeol to give you a year's worth salary so turn in your resignation by tomorrow okay?"

»« »« »«

"Has Mi Ho submitted her resignation letter?" Chanyeol presses fifteen and the elevator door closes.

"I believe she doesn't need to do that Mr. Byun. She has called me earlier that she won't be submitting anything and I agree with her. She didn't do anything worth firing."

"What? You meant she didn't do it yet?" He gives me a slight nod. The elevator door opens so I ran towards the desk where Mi Ho is? She sees me and stands doing her early greeting.

"Good Morning Mr. Byun." I grab her taking her inside the office and shut the door close.

"I thought I asked you to quit?"

"My contract hasn't ended yet Mr. Byun, I still have three months left." Three months? That much time has passed already? She walked through the blinds shutting them off and walked back to me. "I have something to ask of you Mr. Byun so I am going to talk to you as Baekhyun."

"What?" Her hand holds the back of my neck and she leans close. I started to blush. Could it be? Just then, I felt a huge pang on my forehead. "Ah! Hey! What was that for?!"

She chuckles. "Have you gone back to your senses?"

"Mi Ho.." she smiles and pats my head. I touch my head where her hand just left and stare.

“I’m sorry. I know me being here infuriates you, but can’t you just give me three more months to stay? I really missed seeing you and Chanyeol. I also enjoy working for you. So just three more months. I know you wouldn’t like to stay with me after hearing what happened but,” she stands and bowed at me. “I really hope you can give me just that much time.”

I sigh in defeat. Even though it’s like this, I still can’t win over her huh? She just takes my heart away. I stand and walk to my desk as I pull my chair. “Suit yourself.


UPDATE ^^ Just to share, this is my favorite chapter actually ^^ So I really am excited to share this with all of you! Hope you all like it though haha :) ‘Til the next chapter everyone!! 

 

- Cheonsabyul <3