Chapter Twenty

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   T w e n t y.

B a e k h y u n

I try to process what’s going on right now but this is too much of a shock. “You mean, someone might’ve drugged Mi Ho before he took her in?”

Uncle nods. “I let my secretary found out about the drug that Mi Ho took and it can make you forget the things that happened quite a while. But look here,” Uncle slides a picture in front of me. “This is the CCTV that I got from three years ago. Apparently, the hotel where he brought Mi Ho was owned by an acquaintance of mine. One bellman said that the person who actually brought her there wasn’t this guy.” He points at Dong Hyeon. “He said that Dong Hyeon just got to the hotel minutes after Ms. Kim ran out of the hotel. He knows because he was cleaning that floor at that time.”

I feel my hands shake in anger. “So that means-“

“Yes, I think it would impossible for the things that Mi Ho believed in right now to happen in that split minute.” Uncle nods and releases a smile.

“That bastard.” I head out driving myself with no destination. There are a lot of possibilities but I can’t assume on one. My phone rings so I put it on speaker. “Hello?”

“Baekhyun?” Mi Ho. I glance at the clock remembering something. Right! I am supposed to go to the hospital today! I turn the car around.

“I’m sorry. I was out of it! I’m heading there right now!” I hear her chuckle.

“It’s alright. Don’t rush yourself okay? We’ll wait.” I smile and hang up. I don’t think there’s need for the DNA test anymore. I think I already know who Sejoon’s father is. I smile speeding up. When I get to the hospital, I got a call from that bastard.

“Oh, you decided to call? Look at the timing.” I hear him chuckle.

“I know. I heard from Mi Ho. She’s asking to meet afterwards the testing.”

“She did?”

“Oh yes. Say, you might want to meet up before she does. You don’t want something bad to happen with your girl and your child do you?” I freeze.

“You knew.”

“Of course I know. I was the only one with the memory of that boring night. Haha! I just stripped her clothes off and she bought my story? Mi Ho’s so easy.”

I clench my fist. I seriously am going to kill this guy right now. “Where are you?”

“Oh, I already called someone over don’t worry. Now hurry before I catch them.” When he hangs up, two men approached me and guided me to a car. I get in but I don’t have a good feeling about this.


S e h u n 

He’s late. It’s almost pass the time that they’ve agreed. Why isn’t he here yet?! “Mommy, I need to pee...”

“Oh, alright.” Mi Ho stands. “Sorry Sehun, can you stay here for a bit?”

I nod and watch them go. Geez that guy. He never fails to make me mad! I feel a buzz beside me. “Oh, Mi Ho’s phone-“ I stiffened seeing the name on the screen. It’s him. Why is he texting her now? I open the phone and saw a text. My eyes widen as soon as I open it. There’s a photo of Baekhyun hyung tied up and unconscious. I read the text and there’s an address. This is meant for Mi Ho to be seen. I better get there fast!

»« »« »«

I arrive the place. I was expecting a deserted warehouse and everything but it’s not. I walk inside the house and saw Dong Hyeon hyung. “Oh, I was expecting someone else. But I guess you’ll do.”

“Where is he?” He chuckles.

“I was surprised you care. You don’t want Mi Ho to be taken away don’t you?”

“Shut it. Where is hyung?!”

He sighs and shrugged. “Well I guess, blood is still thicker than water.” He walks ahead with a smirk. “Be my guest.” We arrive at an empty room. I ran to hyung seeing him bruised.

“HYUNG!” He opens his eyes.

“Se...hun.” He sighs. “I’m so glad it’s you... and not Mi Ho.”

I clench my teeth in annoyance. “YOU STUPID GUY! WHY ARE YOU EVEN LIKE THIS?!” He chuckles and looked at Dong Hyeon.

“Your plan failed. We talked already, now go... and admit what you’re guilty of you scum.”

I hear Dong Hyeon chuckle. He leans at the wall and looked at us. “Not much. I still haven’t got what I want. I got two already, maybe I’ll get that kid too? How about your son Baekhyun? Then Mi Ho can come in the picture too.”

“SHUT THE UP! DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH THEM!”

Son? I look at hyung and he’s fuming in anger. “What..do you mean son?”

“Oh right, well, I’ll kill you anyway so what’s the harm of knowing.” He walks closer to me and sits in front of me and a gun appears. “I didn’t really do anything to Mi Ho. I was actually surprised that things ended that way! Haha! I just managed to strip her off her clothes! Good thing she believed what I said.”

“What..did you just say?”

“You heard me.” He grins and stands.

“JUST YOU WAIT YOU LOWLIFE! I’LL KILL YOU ONCE I GET OUT OF THIS!”

He laughs. “I’ll look forward to that. Meanwhile,” he grabs his phone and makes a call. “It’s time for the main character to come in. Hello? Oh, you got them already? Nice work.”

I flinch. No. I hope it’s not what I am thinking. Please don’t let it be. She got through a lot already. Not this way. He hangs up on his phone and turned to us. “What the did you just do?”

He smiles letting the gun touch Baekhyun hyung’s face. “Don’t worry, you’ll get a grand reunion soon.”


M i   H o

I hold Sejoon as close as I can. What is happening right now? Things are going so well, what is this? I gasp when Dong Hyeon grabbed my wrist as I wince in pain. “Mommy!”

“I’m alright! Mommy’s alright Sejoon. It’s okay.” I smile to calm him down but from his looks, he is not convinced.

“You’re all making me laugh.” He opens the door and I freeze seeing Sehun and Baekhyun inside.

“B..Baek-“ grabbing Sejoon with me I ran towards Baekhyun who’s bruised all over. “Baek..hyun? What happened to you?! Sehun, are you okay?!” My tears are blocking my sight but I can clearly see blood all over him.

“Mi..Ho.”

“Ahjussi...” Sejoon starts to cry. I hear Dong Hyeon being annoyed. He was about to grab Sejoon when I block him. He scoffs and started to chuckle.

“Well even better.”

“Ugh!” I feel a slap on my cheek and he pulls my hair. “Ah!”

“MI HO! YOU LET HER GO!!!!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“Mommy!!”

“Mi Ho!”

“Ugh, it’s so loud in here-“

“NO!” I grab his hand holding a gun. My hand is starting to shake. “Don’t please... let them go.. It’s me that you want right? Please let them go!”

He smiles looking at me. I shake even more when I feel the gun against my cheek. “Mi Ho, you’re finally crying. Where is the smile that you always have? WHERE IS IT?! THAT DAMN SMILE THAT YOU ALWAYS WEAR TICKS THE HELL OUT OF ME!”

“Ah!” I wince in pain after he releases my hair and I fall on the ground.

“Mi Ho!!! DAMN IT YOU BASTARD! STOP ALREADY!!!”

I hear footsteps approaching me and before I knew it, my hair is being pulled again. I can’t let Sejoon see this. “Sehun... please..” I look at him and he understands what I meant. He grabs Sejoon with his tied hands making him look away.

“You’ve got a nerve worrying about others when you’re about to die.”

“Ah!”

“Now look here Mi Ho. I am going to make you suffer just like how I suffered inside that prison. If you should’ve just told me everything you know back then, all of this would’ve not had happened!  I was kicked, punched and tortured a lot of times to the point that I can’t move anymore and here the first thing I see after I get bailed, you! YOU’RE SMILING AFTER ALL THE TIMES THAT I WAS TORTURED IN THERE!!!”

“Ah! Ugh!!” I bit my lower lip when he stepped on my hand. It hurts...

“BASTARD!!!!! LET GO OF HER!” Baekhyun managed to get up on his feet and tackled Dong Hyeon with his body. “Mi Ho! Mi Ho look at me! Are you okay?”

I sit up with the support of my other arm. I hear a laugh as Dong Hyeon stands. “YOU BASTARD! HOW DARE YOU!!” He kicks Baekhyun making him flip.

“BAEKHYUN!”

“DAMN YOU BASTARD! STOP! YOU’RE OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND!” Sehun yelled.

“I’ll do whatever it is that you want! Just please... let my son go!” I pleaded. What I said seem to get his attention so he smiled.

“Anything huh?”

“Stupid Mi Ho!” Baekhyun glares.

“Alright. Get the kid.” A man gets Sejoon.

“Mommy!!!!”

“Alright, I am letting him and Sehun go. But you two will stay here.”

“ARE YOU INSANE MI HO?!” Sehun exclaimed. I smiled at him shaking my head. They are taken away and I hope that they’ll get out safe and sound.

“Now then,” he sits in front of me handing a knife. “You said that you’ll do anything. Now let me see you in pain.”

“MI HO! DON’T BE STUPID!” Baekhyun shouted. My hands shake as Dong Hyeon grabs me. I feel the cold knife against my arm.

“One wrong move Mi Ho, your little boy and your precious friend might not make it outside alive.”

“AH!!!” I cry in pain when he cuts through my shoulder. I shake as the pain starts to eat me. “Ugh..”

“YOU BASTARD! I REALLY AM GOING TO KILL YOU!”

“Hahaha! You both made me go there. It feels just right you being here and keeping me company, am I right Mi Ho?” I chase my breath as I start to look at Baekhyun. I can’t have him look at me like this.

“I’m sorry... for making you go through all that pain... but, you shouldn’t have done what you did.. that way- AH!” He pulls my hair giving me a glare.

“You don’t have a right to say that when I didn’t even do anything to you!!!”

I freeze looking at him. “You... didn’t do.. anything?”

“Hahaha! Of course I didn’t! Who would’ve thought that you would actually buy that?! I just stripped you out of your clothes stupid!”

“Mi Ho-“

I don’t know how to react. All those years actually thinking that I was touched by another man other than Baekhyun.. all those times that I see myself as being dirty.. all those... “Oh could it be? That this hurts you more than physical pain Mi Ho? Look at you shake.”

“DON’T TOUCH ME!!” I slap his face. The next moment we hear police sirens outside.

“DAMN IT!” He grabs his gun and points it at Baekhyun.

“No.”

“DIEEEE!”

“NO!!!!!!!!” The next moment, I think I just heard a gun fire.


UPDATE!! Such an intense chapter don’t you think? -.-“ haha! Tell me what you all think about it okay? Til the next chapter everyone! 

 

-Cheonsabyul <3