Chapter Twenty-Two

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   T w e n t y - T w o .

M i   H o

When I wake up I see a nurse beside me as she checks my IV. I sit up as I look at my surroundings. Oh, that’s right. They brought me to the hospital after that happened. She give me a smile and a greeting.

“You’re up now. How are you feeling? You’ve been asleep for almost two days.”

“I’m fine.”

“I see. I’ll tell the doctor when he comes back after his surgery. He’ll check up on you.” I nod. “Everybody will be relieved now huh?”

“Excuse me?”

She releases a chuckle. “You have a lot of people who care about you. Your brother will come back after he eats his lunch. He asked me to look after you while he’s gone.”

“Oh, he hasn’t come back home?”

She shakes her head. “No, he’s been by your side ever since you were brought here.” Guilt strikes me. He must’ve been scared after hearing what happened to me. Every time I get hurt, he always get worried sick since I’m the only one he has left of his family. When the door opens, the nurse and I turn to it seeing my brother come back. “Welcome back.”

“Yeah, thanks for-“ he freezes seeing me awake. I smile at him and opened my arms for him. “Mi Ho..”

He runs to me and hugs me tight then I can feel him sob. “I’m sorry.”

“Damn you. I think you really have that talent on making me worry to death.” I chuckle and brush my hand over his back. The nurse gestured goodbye so I give her a nod. “Please don’t do things like this again.”

I can feel him shake as he cries so I nod. I thought so, he’s scared that I might leave his side too. He releases me and holds my cheek. “I’m fine now.”

“I know. I just need a good look at you dummy.” I smile and he did too. “That’s what I need.” He hugs me again and gives me the sigh of relief. “Thank goodness you're fine.”

I nod. Just then I remembered something. “Oppa, Baekhyun? How is he? Sejoon and Sehun?”

He smiles ruffling my hair. “They’re all fine. Baekhyun went back to work already. Although he was forced by Chanyeol because he wanted to stay here with you but he’s a CEO so he can’t leave his company for long can he?”

I chuckle. I thought so. “And, Dong Hyun?” His expression darkens.

“Why do you even have to ask about that guy?”

“Oppa, he... he didn’t actually shoot me you know? When he saw me block the gun that was meant for Baekhyun, he shoot the other way around-“

“Still! The bullet almost went through you that’s why you’re hurt! He’s a killer Mi Ho!” I hold the arm that was scratched by the bullet.

“Where is he?”

“He’s here too. But he’s guarded by the police.”

“Something happened to him?”

“Baekhyun almost beat him to death but luckily we got there before he even died.” I bring my hand to my mouth in shock.

“I want to see him. Can you bring me to him?”

“MI HO!”

“Please? You said there are policemen guarding him so it won’t be a problem if he attacks me again right?”

He sighs deeply but give in. “Fine! If I disagree you’ll still go to him in secret and I don’t want that!”

I smile. We head to where Dong Hyun’s room is and I saw three men guarding outside his room. “She’s the one with him and she wants to see him.”

“We are forbidden to let visitors talk to him unless the medical professionals.” They replied.

“Please? You can just leave the door open. I just need to talk to him.” They exchange looks for a while and opened the door for me. When I walk inside he sees my presence and releases a laugh. His room is empty compared to mine. I see flowers and fruits when I woke up at the table but his is empty. Nobody must’ve visited him.

“You’re really asking for death aren’t you?”

“If you wanted to kill me, you should’ve strangled me by now.”

He laughs again. “You’re acting tough but look at you shake.”

“YOU BAST-“ I pull Oppa back by his arm to stop him and shake my head. “Mi Ho!”

“Please?” He releases a breath and steps back. “I’m sorry that you have to go in there again.”

“You stupid girl! You’re the reason why I’m going back in there!” His face is bruised all over and Baekhyun did all of this.

“I’m also sorry about what Baekhyun did. But I am actually thankful that you’re going in there.”

“Are you here to mock me?”

“No. I know you just feel hurt and scared that’s why you did what you did. But you have to go through it as a consequence for your actions.”

“Get out. I don’t need your nagging.” He scoffs. “Don’t put on an act Mi Ho! I know you’re actually happy that all of this is happening to me! But guess what? I don’t need your pity!”

“I’m not pitying you. I went here to thank you.”

He turns looking at me in surprise. “Thank me? What the hell? Are you really suicidal?”

“No,” I bowed to him and smiled. “Thank you for telling me the truth. Thank you for telling me that nothing happened that night.”

“What the hell?”

“I know you have reasons why you did that but I know you’re nice deep inside. If you’re not, you should’ve shot me with that gun to kill me. But when you saw me block it, you shot it the other way.” I smiled and place the apple that I brought with me in the table. “This is not much but here. If you want more, I can bring you some later. I’ll be going now.”

I leave the room but when I walked far enough, my legs gave in. “Mi Ho!”

I chuckle looking up at Oppa. “I did well right?”

He smiles nodding. “Yes, you’re brave.”

“That was a dumb thing to do.” I turn hearing a familiar voice. Baekhyun. He stops and turns his back in front of me. “Get on stupid woman.”

I chuckle and climbed on his back. “You’ve got guts call my sister stupid, stupid guy.”

“What did you say?!” I smile and hugged him. I miss him.

“Watch over her for a while stupid. I’ll get her something to eat.”

“You don’t have to tell me that.” I hear him clear his throat and started walking. I wrap my arms around him even more. He’s sweaty.

“You ran here?”

“I..I did not!” I chuckle. “Don’t laugh! I said I didn’t run!”

“Alright, if you say so.” I reply. We arrive back to my room and he puts me down. “I didn’t expect you to be here. But thanks.” He sighs and holds my cheek as he stares.

“Are you alright? How are your wounds?”

“It stings but I’m fine.” I smile. He leans close kissing my forehead and hugs me.

“I was scared. I thought when I heard the gun fire you were hit. And you’re stupid for blocking that!” I laugh as he releases me. I caress his hair as I stare at him.

“I was scared when I was about to see you get killed. I can’t lose people around me anymore Baekhyun.”

“You won’t lose me stupid.” He takes my hand kissing me. “I won’t go anywhere since we have a child to raise now.” I smile as I cry. I’m so happy right now I don’t know what to do. He chuckles when he sees me cry but wiped my tears with his thumb. “Look at you cry. You’re such a crybaby.”

I pull him close and hugged him. “I love you..”

“I know. You should be grateful liking a great guy such as myself.” I chuckle. He hugs me back and I feel him burying his face on my neck. “Sorry, but I love you more so you lose.”

I laugh. “You’re still competitive huh?” He chuckles and looks at me after I release him. “Oh right, it’s Sejoon’s birthday today!”

“It is? Why didn’t you tell me sooner?!”

“I just saw the date!”

“Damn this.” He stands and started walking back and forth. The last time I heard he did this is when Chanyeol told me that he actually practiced how he will confess to me back in high school but he didn’t actually do as he practiced because he blurted everything right at once. “We have to get him a cake! Oh, and that kid likes candies right? We should get one too! How about balloons? What color does he like? And food? What’s his favorite food? I’ll get them ready-“ I chuckle watching him. “Why are you laughing?”

“Nothing. It’s just, you blurt everything inside your head when you panic. Remember? You’re like this when you first confessed to me too.”

His eyes widen and he suddenly turned red. “W..What’s the use of bringing up the past anyway?!”

I smile grabbing him and make him sit beside me. “Just a cake and you being here will be fine. Let’s take him somewhere after I get out of here okay?”

He smiles and nodded. “Alright. But what flavor does he like? You still haven’t told me that yet!”

The door opens and my brother comes in. “We already have that covered. Why would I let my nephew miss a birthday party anyway? We’re holding it here stupid.” Oppa replied and flicked Baekhyun in the forehead.

“Ouch! Hey! Hyung, why are you like this?! You called me stupid and now you’re hitting me? Just so you know I am very valuable!”

“Oh yeah? To me you’re just childish right now, who values you anyway.?”

“Her!” Baekhyun points at me and I flush. “Tell him Mi Ho!”

“Sorry but, I haven’t accepted it yet. I will not let you be with Mi Ho unless I say so.”

“What?”

“Oppa-“ he turns to me and I can tell that he is serious. I sigh because I know there are no words that can get through him right now after everything that has happened. But maybe.. just maybe he will open his heart again?

»« »« »«

I never expected things to turn out this way. Balloons on the floor, a cake on the table, sundae and kimbap, they also ordered Chinese food and soju on the fridge. If someone sees this now, we might be kicked out. “Um, this is a four-year old boy’s birthday so as to remind you all.”

“Oh, we have the chocolate cake and the balloons right? Sejoon also eats Chinese food.” I sigh. I bet my brother ordered all of these. The door opens and Baekhyun comes in. He stops seeing the food on the table.

“Is that Chinese food?”

“Yeah...”

“This is a four-year old’s party! And it’s not an ordinary four-year old! It’s my son’s party! You just told me you can take care of it Hyung!” I smile. He's already calling Sejoon his. I'm glad. He sees my expression and smiles. "I guess we can't help but to go with this for today huh? Let's just take him somewhere when you get out of here."

I nod. "Alright." The door opens and Sejoon together with Yoon Bi.

"Mommy!" I spread my arms wide open and hugged him. "You're awake now!"

"Mm. I'm sorry if I worried you." I caress his cheeks. He smiled at me shaking his head. He takes a paper out of his coat and hands it to me. "Hm? What is this?"

"We drew  it! This is you, this is me and this is Daddy." I freeze looking at the picture then to Baekhyun. He draw a man with a car behind him.

"Sejoon, you-"

"Are you mad? I heard Uncle Sehun talked with Aunt Joohyun last night. He said that ahjussi is my Dad. I'm sorry Mommy.." I smile and pull him close.

"I'm not mad. I'm just surprised." I release him and he looks at me. "I was supposed to tell you later but you got me." I chuckle and bump my forehead with him. I look at Baekhyun and he's flustered. "Go on, there's your Dad."

Sejoon nods smiling hops out of the bed walking to Baekhyun. He takes something from his bag. It's the music box. "You gave this to mommy right?"

"Well, um.. That.." I chuckle. He's nervous. "Yeah, I did."

"I thought so. You're about to get it back from her too."

"What?"

"I heard you and Mommy fight when we went to the water park. But I don't want to give it to you because this is Mommy's special thing." He smiles. "But you can listen with us Daddy, if you want it that bad."

Tears are creeping from my eyes. Sejoon called him Daddy just now. I don't know why but I'm just too happy right now. "Call me that again." Baekhyun hugs him tight and started to cry. "Call me that again Sejoon."

"Daddy, I can't breathe!!" I chuckle.

"Alright, one more time!" He carries Sejoon in the air.

"Why are you asking me to call you that? Put me down Daddy!" Baekhyun smiles and hugs him again. "Daddy!!"

I smile watching them then my eyes fall to Sehun who's smiling warmly at the door. He notices my stare and leaves. "Sehun!" I called but he didn't turned back. My heart aches watching him leave.

»« »« »«

These past few days I haven’t seen Sehun since Sejoon’s party at the hospital. Whenever he drops Sejoon at home, he doesn’t come inside and just leave afterwards. Things have been well with Baekhyun now but, I wonder why I haven’t been so happy.

“Hey, hello?? Earth to Mi Ho?” I gasp snapping out of my thought seeing Baekhyun leaning on my desk. “What’s with you? I’ve been calling you for a while now.”

“Oh I...”

He pats my head and sighs. “You look down these days. Are you okay?”

I smile though I know that I am not fine. I wonder why though. “Yes, um-“ my phone buzzes so I took a look at it. It’s Sehun’s Mom!

Hello Mi Ho! I heard how things are going in your end so I hate to break this to you. I am worried about Sehun. He’s not answering my calls and all so I was planning on bringing him food today. Can you come along dear? Your presence always cheers him up.

I look at the text. I don’t know if I should go. Sehun’s been avoiding me after all. But.. I’m worried too so I guess I should. I reply that I will be going. I guess I can since it was lunch time after all. I stand picking up my bag.

“Where are you going?”

“Oh, I’ll eat out today. See you later!”

“Hey! Mi Ho!”

I take the elevator and after a while Ms. Oh texted me that she’s already waiting downstairs. “Sorry to keep you waiting!”

She chuckles. “Not to worry dear. Did you run?”

She fixes my hair for me and I give her a nod. “Well, you texted that you’re here and I wouldn’t want to keep you waiting so.”

She smiles warmly. “You’re really kind Mi Ho. I really hope that Sehun would just marry you.”

“Um.. that’s-“

She laughs. “I know. We talked about this already. Sorry for bringing it up again.”

“Oh, not at all.” A car pulled over in front of us and I see Mr. Ryu inside. He’s their family driver and I haven’t seen him for a while now. “Long time no see Mr. Ryu!”

He smiled at me then nods. “It’s been a while indeed Ms. Mi Ho. I’m sorry that I haven’t gone to the hospital to visit you. Madam was on her business trip.”

I smile. “No, it’s okay.” He starts driving and we arrive at Mr. Oh’s office. “Um, aren’t we going to visit where Sehun works?”

“We are dear.” Ms. Oh smiles and steps out of the car so I follow her. Sehun’s working here? We take the elevator up the seventeenth floor. A secretary greets us. “Hello dear. Is Sehun in?”

“Yes Madam. He’s been expecting you.”

I look around seeing the plaque on the secretary’s desk. “Director’s secretary?”

“Hm? Oh my, didn’t Sehun told you? He works as a Director here Mi Ho.”

I freeze. Sehun’s a what? Everything is such a shock for me right now I don’t know what to say. When we step inside Sehun stands seeing me. “Hello Sehun! I brought Mi Ho along to have lunch with us!”

He is as surprised as I am. I forgot all about he’s status. He rides the bus with me when we’re going home. He takes a walk with me when I arrive home. I forgot he’s a heir like Baekhyun too. I made him do all that when he doesn’t deserve to be treated that way. “Mi Ho-“

“Um, I’m sorry Ms. Oh. I remembered I had something to do so.”

I turn taking my leave. Everything that Sehun did for me all flash back to me. I can’t believe I just took him for granted when his existence means this much for his family. Someone like me did..

“MI HO!” I freeze hearing me name from behind. I look back seeing Sehun chase after his breath. “Geez! Don’t run away like that- Mi Ho?”

“I’m sorry.. I made you do all of those things for us. I forgot that you’re a heir.. I’m so sorry Sehun.” I look down on shoes. I’m so..

“Mi Ho, look at me.”

“I can’t. I’m so ashamed right now..” I feel his hand on my cheek. He makes me look at him and gives me a smile. I felt his forehead on mine.

“I’ll see you later. Better cook me something delicious okay?”

“What?” He smiles walking back inside the building as he waves me goodbye. I smile. He’s going to come later!

»« »« »«


I smile looking at the food that I prepared and glanced at the clock. It's about time that Sehun comes here. I cooked the food that he likes so I'm sure he'll be happy.

"Mommy!" The door opens so I stand. But as soon as the door closes, my arms deflated too. So he just sent Sejoon alone this time too huh? I smile and hugged Sejoon.

"Welcome back."

"Mommy, is something wrong?"

I shake my head no and told him that I'm fine. "Well, someone's disappointed." I turn hearing a voice.

"Se..Sehun?!" I gasp. He's here! He smiles and pats my head.

"That was a huge change of mood." I nod. "I'm back."

I take his hand and smile. "Let's eat!"

We finished dinner and the usual routine goes. Sehun helps Sejoon to clean up and put him to bed while I do the dishes. I missed this routine. It's been a while since it happened. "He fell asleep fast today." Sehun said returning from Sejoon's room.

"Hm, maybe it's because Yoon Bi asked to go the park with Sejoon for today. They're both been going to the park near the preschool this days."

"Oh." He sits at the dining area and watches me as he smiles. "It's been a while since I've been here." My heart fell at his words. He misses it to as much as I do. "Baekhyun came by today." I stop hearing his words and looked at him.

"What?"

"He asked for me to go here again. He said that you've been down ever since you got back from the hospital." I look down because I don't know what to say. I can't tell him the reason why. "To be honest, I chickened out. When I see you and Sejoon being happy with him again, it's like I'm being reminded of my place. You both belonged to him in the first place anyway."

"Is that why you stopped coming?!" I rushed to his side and asked.

"Like I said, I chickened out. I was afraid that if I go here, I may see you three being all happy now and you won't need me anymore-" I grab his arm and shake my head. My tears are flowing so fast and my emotions are flowing. "Mi Ho.."

"Don't say that.." I shake as I cry. "Don't go.. Please.. I know this is selfish for me to ask and you're hurting whenever Baekhyun's here but.. You're also important to me Sehun. You're my precious friend that I can't lose. You've been there for me all these years. To be honest, I was really slapped by reality when I saw you at work today. I was reminded how I stripped your social position from you all these time. I made you be with me when you have other things to do. But I need that! You're with me all these time and you helped me keep on going! So please... Please don't say that I don't need you anymore.. You helped me stand back on my feet again when I feel like I want to give up.. Please Sehun.." My knees are failing me now as I cry but I don't let go of Sehun. If I do, I'm scared that he'll leave my side forever.

"Mi Ho." He calls for my name but I can't look at him in the eye. It's hard. I just said something so selfish. But I don't want him to leave. "I get it now. My love is different from yours. But I'm happy with those words. I'm happy just by you wanting me by your side." He meets his forehead with mine. "You know what Baekhyun said today? He asked for my blessing like I am your father. It's hilarious really. But when I heard him say, 'It's just right for me to ask you because you stand in the place where I was supposed to be all these years. So I am asking for you to be able to support me, to take care of them from now on.' I realized that I have to give up the thoughts that I've been having. I'm just happy that I get to spend those times with you and Sejoon. You both gave me courage and happiness." He holds my cheeks and he's beginning to cry. "Thank you Mi Ho. Really."

I nod and pulled him to a hug. His sobbing harder now and it just breaks my heart. "No, thank you Sehun.."

I feel him hug me back. "I guess I can give you up now." I release him and he gives me a smile. "But I won't leave your side forever, Noona."


UPDATE!! Another touching chaoter TT.TT haha! Hope you guys liked it ^^

 

- Cheonsabyul <3