Chapter Twenty-three

Time Lapse

│C h a p t e r   T w e n t y – T h r e e .

B a e k h y u n

Mi Ho told me about what happened with Sehun the other day. Even though I feel bad, I have to take my position back. I head to their place and I see Sehun open the door for me. "Oh, um.. Hey."

He laughs. "What's with the awkward greeting?"

"Well-"

"Shut it. I don't need your pity hyung." He walks pass me and pats my shoulder. "Noona's waiting inside. Sejoon's all dressed up too."

I turn in surprise but he leaves without even looking back. He called Mi Ho noona again. I smile painfully and watch him leave. "Baekhyun?" I turn seeing Mi Ho. I walk to her as I pull her to a hug. I can't believe I just did that to Sehun. I know he deserves them more than I do but I can't just give Mi Ho and Sejoon up. I feel Mi Ho hug me back as she brushes her hand on my back. She just stayed silent and doesn't ask because I know that she knows why I'm being like this. She knows how hard this feeling is. "It's okay. It will all be alright."

"I'm going to take care of both of you." I release her and she gives me that smile again. "Now my heart is all warmed up because of that smile."

She chuckles and holds my hand. "Sejoon's already waiting for you." I nod. Today's the day that we're going to make up for Sejoon's failure of a birthday party by Minseok hyung so I swear that I am going to make the best out of this day.

"Hey there buddy." Sejoon turns and smiled running to my direction. His smile is becoming like Mi Ho's.

"Daddy!!" I carry him and he kisses my cheek. "Where are we going today?"

"Well, it's almost Christmas so I've been thinking on buying clothes for you and also toys. After that we can go to the amusement park."

"Let's just go to the amusement park first!" I chuckle.

"Alright then." I turn seeing Mi Ho watch us from afar. I smile at her and stretched my hand for her. "Come here." She smiles and walked closer until she's holding my hand. "We're going to have much fun today, won't we Sejoon?"

"Mm!"

»« »« »«

I smile looking at Mi Ho and Sejoon who’s enjoying the food we ordered. It was well-balanced. As expected of my girl, she ordered us a plate of buttered seafood, half roasted pork and chicken. Now I can eat with all my might without even thinking of worrying her. I grab myself a chicken leg and started eating. I noticed Mi Ho’s staring. “Is something wrong?”

“Oh no, um, is the food all okay?”

“Yes! I love meat you know?”

“I know.” She smiles. This is so hard to endure. I want to pull her close right now but Sejoon’s right in front of us so that’s just not right. “Oh, you want more Sejoon?”

“Fries please!”

“Alright, here you go.”

I stare at Mi Ho. I can’t believe that I just let those years pass by without even me knowing that I have a son. The family across us caught my attention which brought something in my head. My eyes fall on Mi Ho’s hand. Of course, why haven’t I thought of that? I smile sighing. She’ll wear one soon. I swear I’ll make her wear one.

“Sejoon, would you be interested in seeing the school that your Mom and I went to?”

Sejoon beams in joy nodding. “Yes! I want to see it!”

“Oh, but I was thinking of enrolling Sejoon to a preschool today though.”

“I got all that covered Mi Ho. Don’t worry.” I pat her head and she smiles.

“Thank you.”

“After we visit our school, maybe I can bring you to your school too Sejoon!”

“Mm! Thank you Daddy!” I smile. Every time he says that it just brings warmth in my heart. Now, I just need Mi Ho to call me one name.

“What?” She looks at me confused at my stare. I bring my forehead to hers. “Wha-! What are you doing?!”

“I’m getting impatient again.” She flushes pushing me away. After we finished our lunch, we head back to the car and I drive our way back to our high school.

“I never imagined we’ll go back here again. I wonder if we can go inside?”

I chuckle. “Are you really asking that when you have me Mi Ho?”

She gives me a weird look and sighs. “Come on Sejoon.”

“Wha- hey! Don’t leave me!!” I run to catch up with them. We all stop seeing three familiar figures by the entrance. “Y..You! What are you all doing here?!”

Sehun sighs. “Took you long enough.”

“I guess you got lost one the way again huh?” Chanyeol mumbled.

“Oh my! Sejoon! Auntie’s here!! I am your Auntie!! Call me that from now on okay?” Seulgi approached Sejoon and hugs him.

“But how?!”

“I sent them a message. I thought it would be fun if they come too.” Mi Ho smiles. I sigh. And here I thought that it would be nice if only the three of us would go.

“We’re leaving you.” Sehun said.

“You all go on ahead.” Mi Ho replied.

“Now, Sejoon! You will go with Auntie okay?”

“Alright Auntie!”

It’s all ruined. My plan.. oh no.. I felt a hand on mine. When I look up there’s Mi Ho. “I know you’ll be like this. Come with me.”

“Wait!” She takes my hand as we walk up to the second floor. She opens the room in a familiar place and sat at one chair.

“I sat here when we first talk to each other right? And I was supposed to share a handshake with Chanyeol but then I shared one with you instead.” She chuckles. I smile sitting at my seat before and I stare at her. I never thought this would happen. I got everything planned today but I guess whenever I am with Mi Ho, things just get unexpected. She reaches out her hand and smiled. “But I guess, it’s like a start over. Hello, I’m Kim Mi Ho.”

My heart is beating all fast whenever she looks at me like this and everything just went out of control. It’s like whenever she’s with me, my body takes over and I can’t even control it. I sigh giving up. I grip on the thing that I’ve been holding in my pocket and shared a handshake with her. “I’m Byun Baekhyun, would you care if I ask you to be my wife?”

I release her hand leaving the ring on her hand. I can tell that she’s quite surprised. Her eyes fall on the ring and gasp. “Wait, what just happened?”

“Duh? I am in a middle of a proposal here.”

“Oh..” she falls silent but I wait for a reaction but she’s taking too long! Is she having second thoughts on spending a life with me?

“Hello? Earth to Mi Ho?”

“Oh my god. He asked me.. what do I do... it was all to sudden and I am not even properly dressed for the occasion.. I am too plainly dressed and I look awful..”

I blink in surprise. She do realize that she is thinking out loud does she? “Mi Ho.”

“How do I answer... um..” I smile. She’s looking like how I look years ago when I first confessed to her. I grabbed her hand pulling her close to me and kissed her. I kissed her softly at first but then again, it’s me so I lost control. When I release her, she looks more surprised that earlier that I am enjoying this.

“You do realize that you’re being me. Fidgeting and thinking out loud Ms. Kim. I just asked you to be my wife but I haven’t got an answer yet. So? What will it be. A yes or a no? Just know that I am not taking no for an answer.”

“Hick!” I chuckle. Oh those hiccups. I lean closer and kissed her again. “S..Stop that-“

“Why? You know you like it when I kiss you that way. I haven’t kissed you in a while now you’re asking me to stop? You’re quite a rude woman.” I stand sitting on the table and look down at her eyes. The color of the sunset is reflected in her eyes. She’s really beautiful. I lean down smiling. “I want an answer now Mi Ho. Will you be my wife?”

I look at her as she flushes even more. “..I..”

“I?”

“Of course I will marry you!” I smile pulling her to a hug. “Wha-“

“I have your word. Mrs. Byun. No turning back now.”

»« »« »«

It’s been three months since I proposed to Mi Ho and everything has been well. We agreed that we’re going to get married before the year ends so it’s just weeks before the wedding. They also moved in with me so everything is just perfect. I get to see Sejoon and Mi Ho at home and I get to be with Mi Ho in the office. Everything is going just the way I want it to be. It is, until now.

“What?! Are you seriously saying you won’t renew your contract?!”

She nods. “Well, we already talked about this right? I’ll just work for a year.”

“Where will you work then?”

“Oh, about that. I applied at Sehun’s Mom’s business. She said they are looking for someone to manage their flower shop and the timing is just right don’t you think?”

“What? Are you serious? You are going to be the wife of a CEO here! You could’ve just asked me to let you have one shop if that’s what you want!”

She gasps standing. “What?! I seriously can’t believe that big head of yours!” She stands putting the contract down on the table. “My decision is final! I’m even glad I made that decision! Goodbye!”

“Hey!” I stand calling her but she doesn’t stop. “I’ll see you at home right? Hey! Mi Ho!”

Chanyeol sighs making his way inside. “You made her mad I see. Something that you said I see.”

“I don’t get it! I just told her I can buy her a place where she can put up a flower shop and she just got mad?! What is her problem?!”

He looks at me in disgust and places my snack at the table. “I thought you matured a bit but I guess I’m wrong Mr. Byun.” He turns his back when I was about to say something and leaves. I don’t get these people! Why are they all getting upset at me?! Feeling upset, I grab my phone and dialed Sehun’s number.

“What?”

“I’m coming over!”

“Huh? Wai-“ I hang up heading out to my car. Chanyeol calls to me but I ignore him.

As I drive, I try to call Mi Ho to see where she’s going considering that she’s not working for a while and she’s got a lot of time on her hands. “Damn it! How dare you not answer me you woman!”

I reach Sehun’s office and his secretary welcomes me inside. “Well? What are you doing here? I was about to eat my lunch.”

“That’s why I am here. I am going to eat lunch with you.”

He looks surprised. He crosses his arms looking at me. “Why me?”

“Do I have to get permission to eat with you now?!”

He raises a brow. “Why are you getting irritated you stupid guy?! Just eat with your fiancé while you’re at it!”

“I won’t eat with her even if she begs me to! Now come on!” I drag him out of his office then we head to a restaurant to eat lunch.

“So? What did you say to her that made her upset?”

“Why are you all saying that it’s my fault?!” He sips on his drink and started eating.

“It’s a given that it’s your fault. So? What happened?”

I sigh. “Well, she didn’t renew her contract today and she said that she’s just going to work at your Mom’s flower shop.”

“And? What exactly did you say?”

“Why do you keep asking that?!”

“That’s all I need to know to be able to tell you why she got upset.”

I groaned leaning at the chair. “I exactly told her that I can always build her a place if she just wanted to have a flower shop. She’s going to be the wife of a CEO anyways! What’s there that I can’t give her?” Sehun gives me a sigh but he didn’t say anything. Instead, he just continues eating and that pissed me off. “You could’ve said something!”

He looks at me then crosses his arms. “Why do you think Mi Ho got upset?”

“If I knew then I wouldn’t be here don’t you think?”

“Then, do you know this thing called pride? Oh wait, you have a lot.”

“Hey!”

“But, don’t you think Mi Ho had a pride to protect too?” I fall silent by his words.

“What do you mean?”

“Geez hyung, I don’t know if you’re just plain stupid or just pretending to be.” I glare at him. “I’ve been with Mi Ho long enough to say that rebuilding herself is really important to her. And finding a job that she likes to do is a big factor. I was quite against with the idea actually because I think Mi Ho deserves more than just managing a simple store. She’s smart and all. But if I’m in your position, I’ll let her do what she wants.”

I sigh. But I have to admit, he does have a point. Ugh, I also hate to admit it but, Sehun knows Mi Ho more than I do and the thought of it really kills me. But since we’re at it... “Hey Sehun, I’ve got one last question for you.”


UPDATE! And I hear wedding bells ringing~ hahaha! Our most awaited moment is happening soon... Or would it? :)) By the wayyy! Thank you for the new subscribers and I really enjoy reading the comments! I'm glad you all like the story ^^  I hope that everyone will read until the end! ;) 

- Cheonsabyul <3