Chapter Eleven

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   E l e v e n .

M i   H o

He stared at me but I just can’t talk. I don’t want him to know. Just... not yet. Until I know everything myself, I don’t want him to know. “Mi Ho-“

“I’ll take her home Baekhyun. Let’s have her rest for now and talk another time.” Chanyeol helps me up and we headed to the car. “You okay? I know that’s a stupid question.”

He says as he starts driving. I reach for my phone and stared at that person’s number. I hear Chanyeol pull over to the side and grab it away from me. “Chan-“

“Are you stupid? Are you going to call him now?!”

“I have to talk to him or else this will go on forever.”

“It’s obvious that he’s going to do something bad to you again! He just got bailed Mi Ho!”

“You knew?” I ask and he looks down. So he knew all along that he got out of prison before the expected time. “Give it back please.”

“Mi Ho-“ I remove my seatbelt and reach for my phone. Chanyeol helplessly gave it to me and I get out of the car.

“I’ll take the bus. I’ll be fine.” I say and turn to the bus stop. Luckily, the bus just arrived so I get on it. I stare at the number on my way. I have to meet him now or Baekhyun might be hurt even more. Even though my hands are shaking, I press on the number and take a deep breath. It starts ringing then he picked up.

“Ah, Mi Ho. Now you finally called me.” My heart is beating fast as if I am running. “Are you ready to meet me now?”

“What do you want?” I try to sound composed as possible or else I’ll lose my sanity again. I hear him chuckle.

“I want to meet. Can you make it tomorrow? Oh, no need to bring the little one.” It’s as if blood has stopped flowing through my body. I can’t feel anything after hearing what he said.

“Y..You knew?”

“Of course I knew. What will my money be of use if I don’t? I’ll send a car over to your place tomorrow at ten. I’ll see you tomorrow then my Mi Ho.” He hangs up but I’m left in daze. He knows about Sejoon. I have to get home quick.

When I reach my stop, I ran as fast as I can back home. Even though my fingers can’t properly move I pressed on the numbers for me to get in. I ran to Sejoon’s room finding him asleep with Sehun. I fall on my knees in relief. He’s safe. Thank goodness.

“Mi Ho?” I cover my mouth as I cry. I can’t let anything happen to Sejoon. I just can’t.. “Hey, what’s wrong?-“ I cling on to Sehun. He hugs me back as he tells me that it will be fine. When I calmed down, I told him about what happened.

“Will you be fine on your own?”

“I have to meet him alone.”

“He’ll surely do something to you for putting him to jail.” I nod holding on to my mug as I feel the warmth in it. I release a laugh realizing how messed up my life is.

“It’s so hard when you’ve got a lot to lose..” Sehun grabs my hand holding it.

“You don’t have to fight by yourself. I’m here with you.” He squeezes my hand and I smile.

“I told you already Sehun, even if this ends, I still can’t be with you. I don’t want you to be hurt so you don’t have to involve yourself in this.” He pulls me against him and rested his head on my neck.

“And I think you’ve forgotten that I am not doing this for you. I’m doing this for myself. I just can’t leave you all alone after everything that has happened. I know you still love him but you have to stop pushing me away. Just learn to depend on me.” He releases me and stares at me. I keep on feeling bad no matter how many times I reject him. I tried to like him but I still can’t. I still love Baekhyun so bad.

“I’m sorry.” He smiles kissing my hand as he shakes his head.

“Call me if anything happens tomorrow okay? I will be there if you need me.”

I smile nodding. But I know that even if I don’t call him, he will be there because he always is.

»« »« »«

A car pulls over in front of me and a man walks to me telling me that he was sent to pick me up. I nod and enter the car as I nervously try to calm myself down. After a while, the car stops at a greenhouse so I guess that’s my cue.

“Young Master is inside Ms. Kim. He’s waiting for you.”

“Thank you.” I reply and exit the car. I release my breath. My hands are starting to shake again as I walk inside and then I can see him from afar. He turns hearing my footsteps. I think I’m going to choke out of breath. I hold on to something to compose myself and he smiles.

“There you are.” He walks towards me and I take a step back until I feel the wall behind me. “Look at you acting like this when you’re the one who sued me.” I freeze as he takes a lock of my hair putting it on his lips as he grins. “Long time no see Mi Ho.”

“What do you want?”

“You know what I want.” His expression changes and entraps me with both of his hands on the wall. I gasp in surprise. “You just made me go to prison. Though, I apologize to disappoint you that I got earlier than expected.”

I scoff. “I’ll put you back in there even if it’s the last thing that I do.”

He laughs. “You know, I still haven’t had a good look of those two yet. Shall I start with Baekhyun? Or Sejoon?” I want to slap him so hard but my hand is failing me. “You choose-“ Oh now my hand is working. “KIM MI HO!”

I shut my eyes close when he was about to hit me but I don’t feel anything. “You’ve got the nerve to touch her with those filthy hands of yours.” I look and gasp seeing Baekhyun in front of me. “You okay?”

“W..What are you-“

“Oh, great timing. Now I get a chance to have a good look at you Byun Baekhyun.” He stands handing out his hand. “Kim Dong Hyeon by the way.”

Baekhyun glares at him pulling me behind him. “Why are you here?” I ask.

“That bastard called me here. I received a message that you’ll be here.” I gasp looking at Dong Hyeon. He planned this. I fell in his trap again. I hear him laugh and stand walking to the table.

“Mi Ho, what do you say we get to a little story telling? Oh don’t worry, I have pictures so that guy won’t have a hard time to understand-“

“STOP!!” I yell. “I’ll do as you say, just please...” my eyes are getting blurry from the tears that are falling from my eyes.

“Oh, then we won’t know who it is that Sejoon will call Dad do we? Is it me or him?”

I think my world just stopped. I can’t hear anything nor feel anything. My hand slips from Baekhyun’s as he turns to me. “Mi Ho? What...What is-“

“She won’t be doing anything you ask bastard!” Chanyeol enters grabbing Dong Hyeon by his collar. “Have fun running away from what you did. I’ll kill you in time just you wait.”

He takes my hand and Baekhyun’s as we go out from the place. When we enter the car, it was a complete silence. I don’t know what to do or what to say. I face Baekhyun and he’s in daze.

“I... Did I hear that wrong?” He mumbles facing me. “Then that one night that we had-“ I can see the rush of emotions and thoughts going through him just by looking at him. “Pull over.”

“Baekhyun-“

“I SAID PULL THE DAMN CAR OVER!!” He shouts and Chanyeol did as Baekhyun told him. “Get out.”

Chanyeol looks at him and I nod. He opens the car door leaving us behind. “Baekhyun...”

He releases a breath as he holds his head. “That’s what it takes for you to call me by my name again?” He shuts his eyes close as he calm himself down. “I can’t wait anymore. I’ve let it go a lot of times. You have got to tell me everything right now Mi Ho. Just- I will ask the questions. You’ll only talk to answer them got it?”

“Alright.”

He sighs again and looks at me. “Is the reason why you’re not telling me who Sejoon’s father is, is because you don’t know if it’s me or him?”

I nod.

“That time that we spent together, is that it?”

I nod again.

“Then, you... you slept with that guy too?”

I shake my head as I cry. “I don’t know..”

You don’t know? How come you don’t know?!”

“I don’t know!! I just don’t know... I just woke up and the next person I see is him, I don’t know! I don’t remember anything... I...” my voice is shaking I can’t make myself to talk anymore. I look at Baekhyun and he’s breathing heavily now. “Baekhyun... Please-“ he removes my hand that’s touching him and gets out of the car. I follow him out as I wipe my tears so that I can look at him.

He releases a heavy breath as he rush his hands through his hair and sat on the sidewalk staring afar. I stop in front of him and hold his hands making him look at me. “Please let me explain... Okay?”

Tears are slowly coming from his eyes as he looks at him. “Did you... Did you cheated on me? Is that why you left?”

I can’t bring myself to answer that question because I don’t even know what happened myself. I hear a car pull over and Sehun comes out from it. “We’re going home.”

I shake my head no. “No, I have to talk to him-“

“Do you think he’ll listen at that state?!” Sehun grabs me and points at Baekhyun. “We’re going.”

I hear a laugh. I turn seeing Baekhyun look at me. “You’re leaving me hanging again?” I stifle my sob and release myself from Sehun’s hand.

“I’m sorry. I can’t leave Baekhyun again...”

“Mi Ho-“

I walk back to Baekhyun and hugged him. “I won’t.. I’ll answer every question you have for me. Anything.”


UPDATE! Here’s my favorite chapter hahaha! Thank you all for liking it all so far ^^ Enjoy reading the next chapters!

- Cheonsabyul <3